Martyrs of the Free Word
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are under construction, but you are free to join us on the wait for 2012, the year of Epica!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Simone said no to Playboy :)

Go down 
+13
AliyahDuilliath
akjua
riina
xut0piax
Sancta_Terra
lilithday
Bram
magnoly
johnstonestreet
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
EpicaHolic
TheAsylum
Ene
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Simone said no to Playboy :) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Simone said no to Playboy :)   Simone said no to Playboy :) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 4:09 am

I know someone already proved it, but here is more evidence, hehe Smile
Simone did actually pose naked for the "The Divine Conspiracy" cover... Razz
She told me at the Norway Rock festival ;p and the "original" doesn't match her face at the cover, checked it Smile
She said "I will sign my naked self, so I am not so naked anymore" When she signed my tee Smile
So she actually did, even it is a bit surprising, when it is her...

But she is lovely, and I love that she said no to playboy! That shows what an amazing girl she actually is Smile
Back to top Go down
Elodie Artour
Quietus
Quietus
Elodie Artour

Female Posts : 84

PostSubject: Re: Simone said no to Playboy :)   Simone said no to Playboy :) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 7:41 am

Oh, come on! Simone's already posed naked for TDC (yeah, I know it is art) and now she makes such a big deal out of the question about Playboy. It's admirable that she did reject the proposal but I don't find posing for a men's magazine something bad or low. If Simone didn't want to attract males' attention, then she shouldn't or wouldn't have worn sexy outfits all the time. It may sound absurd but it's true - she always complains about having too many fans mainly because of her appearance itself without taking notice on the fact she actually wants to be liked and noticed by men through her stage outfits and provocative photo shoots, as well. I assume it's also part of the music industry but if there is someone to blame about Simone's trouble with having so many obsessed fans, then it's probably her. On the other hand, I agree that if a woman poses for a men's magazine, she's considered being slutty and so on which is soo not true...

Anyway. Such decisions are up to people who've been asked to get naked. If it came to me, I'm not sure I would have accepted. However, I'm not sure I would have rejected either. It's a fragile matter... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
AliyahDuilliath
Quietus
Quietus
AliyahDuilliath

PostSubject: Re: Simone said no to Playboy :)   Simone said no to Playboy :) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 1:28 am

I agree with you Elodie, on most points.
As she even said herself, singing for others is actually an intimate exposure. When we do it, it helps bring more power to our person to bring in the strength of our sexuality. She possibly does not realize that this natural mechanism in women is even present, or that it will naturally elicit a sexual response from others. She's not overly sexual, by any means. But being liked for your appearance (and being sexualized) is just part of the package when you're singing in a metal band. It happens to all of the singers! They all deal with it differently. The ones who are embarrassed by it deal with it the worst.
Back to top Go down
Elodie Artour
Quietus
Quietus
Elodie Artour

PostSubject: Re: Simone said no to Playboy :)   Simone said no to Playboy :) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 6:32 pm

I can't even say she feels embarrassed about it. Simone's more like the diva who nearly no one is able to touch. And she obviously likes it that way - fans screaming at her at Epica shows and flooding the Internet with stuff like: "Simone, I love you! You're so gorgeous, so sexy, etc." There's no way she wouldn't have liked such comments and perception of her fans. Truth is some men are indeed very vulgar but that's another case...

One must be very foolish if she thinks that being a female singer in a metal band does not mean being thought as a sex symbol or something. Seriously, if she didn't want to get that image, she wouldn't have worn all those sexy outfits, wouldn't have posed naked for the cover of TDC and so on. However, even if she did dress more 'normally' on stage , she would still have been considered to be pretty and sexy. That's the naked truth. So better find a way to deal with it instead of moaning and groaning about it. Wink
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Favorite Epica song : Kingdom of Heaven
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Simone said no to Playboy :)   Simone said no to Playboy :) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 6:56 pm

Uhm well,Simone was 22 when she posed for teh TDC cover.Looking at the outfits she were during TPA,CtO and even some TDC era outfits,you can tell that she liked to wear atractive outfits.

But she was really young back hen.You know some teenagers and young women want to look beautiful and atractive as much as they can befre they reach their 40s and start to get old.That's my point of view,

But now she's 25.And looking at her DYU era outfits you can tell her outfits are a lot more decent,with less body exposure.She has grown up,she has passed the phase when she wanted to be really atractive.Now she might have realized that natural beauty,without provocative outfits is much better.

I don't know.That's my point of view.I cant enter Simone's mind and see what she actually thinks*although I'd really love too*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Simone said no to Playboy :)   Simone said no to Playboy :) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 01, 2010 7:52 pm

I totally agree. I was about to write the exact same thing, Simone said this in an interview not very long ago, that she used to be SO young and naive, but that she has grown up now. Smile
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Simone said no to Playboy :)   Simone said no to Playboy :) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 02, 2010 12:53 am

I'm glad you agree Smile I might have read that interview you're talking about as well Wink
Back to top Go down
TidesOfTime
Quietus
Quietus
TidesOfTime

Female Scorpio Pig
Favorite Epica song : Tides Of Time, Solitary Ground, Our Destiny, This Is The Time.

PostSubject: Re: Simone said no to Playboy :)   Simone said no to Playboy :) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 12:28 pm

I'm really glad she said no to them!! <3 Simone
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Simone said no to Playboy :)   Simone said no to Playboy :) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 9:39 pm

I think I would lose a great deal of respect for her if she shot for playboy..
Back to top Go down
TidesOfTime
Quietus
Quietus
TidesOfTime

Female Scorpio Pig
Favorite Epica song : Tides Of Time, Solitary Ground, Our Destiny, This Is The Time.

PostSubject: Re: Simone said no to Playboy :)   Simone said no to Playboy :) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 1:57 am

I wouldn't necessarily lose respect, just be like 'Why?!?'
Back to top Go down
Elodie Artour
Quietus
Quietus
Elodie Artour

PostSubject: Re: Simone said no to Playboy :)   Simone said no to Playboy :) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 8:23 am

She indeed used to be young and naive, I agree. However, I still don't consider posing for Playboy to be such a bad thing... Dunno, maybe it's just my weird point of view. Thumbs Up
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Simone said no to Playboy :)   Simone said no to Playboy :) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 5:08 am

So men can jerk off while looking at her? And she accepts that?
Back to top Go down
Elodie Artour
Quietus
Quietus
Elodie Artour

PostSubject: Re: Simone said no to Playboy :)   Simone said no to Playboy :) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 6:06 am

DivineConspiracy wrote:
So men can jerk off while looking at her? And she accepts that?
Given the kind of skin exposure she used to have back in the day, I don't see why posing for such a magazine could be so bad. I mean, after all, SiSi did use to look like that:

Simone said no to Playboy :) - Page 2 Simone_simons_3
Simone said no to Playboy :) - Page 2 1446078706_20044d8c23 (My own avatar here actually...)
Simone said no to Playboy :) - Page 2 Epica-boerderij-zoetermeer-05
Simone said no to Playboy :) - Page 2 Simone-Simons-02
Simone said no to Playboy :) - Page 2 Simone_Simons_2007_2-332x500
Simone said no to Playboy :) - Page 2 Simone_Simons_by_caligoamplexus963
Simone said no to Playboy :) - Page 2 Simone-simons--large-msg-117200558531
Simone said no to Playboy :) - Page 2 1256934283016_f
Simone said no to Playboy :) - Page 2 Epica%20wallpaper%20(7)
Simone said no to Playboy :) - Page 2 Simone_Simons

Tits and see-through-tops...
...and so on...

So, wearing provocative outfits on stage is not slutty at all but posing for Playboy means anathema? I'm not convinced.

Oh, should I mention TDC's cover? Of course it is art, but it still IS Simone's naked body for real. Wink Besides, posing for Playboy, FHM or whatever could also mean art if it's done correctly. Blaming someone for posing (half-)naked is prejudice for me. (Of course, it's up to SImone. I don't judge her or anything.)

P.S.: No offence, Am. Hug I'm just trying to provoke a discussion. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sancta_Terra
Fool Of Damnation
Fool Of Damnation
Sancta_Terra

Female Scorpio Rooster
Favorite Epica song : Mother of Light

PostSubject: Re: Simone said no to Playboy :)   Simone said no to Playboy :) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 31, 2011 11:38 am

Girls this is enough. Simone said no to Playboy it's simple as
First: She CAN show a little skin. My boyfriend saw those pics and he says she's being more moderate these days, thus he doesn't think she was THAT provocative. Yes, maybe it was for selling more TPA copies, but compare her style those days to these days.

Second: It's not the same wearing a spaghetti or tank top even an skirt is not the same as being only in bikini and/or showing boobs totally. What she does not at the Divine Conspiracy. I guess she made some kind of contract in which she stated innaproppiate shots/files would be erased instantly, in case of be done because Epica wouldn't afford some unserious photographer.

And third. Do you imagine what kind of image she will be showing for the newest fans of Epica? They'll think she had been doing those things before. Maybe it's some kind also for respect of her dignity, even her family.

I don't know you guys hows on your country, but men here are extremely unrespectful. I couldn't stand anyone seeing Simone in a copy of a Playboy and saying such things like: This bitch is really hot, look at her (Insert common erotic organs here). They wouldn't look at Simone like a singer, only like a whore. That's an image I just can't imagine and couldn't stand. I respect her so much.

Enough said.
Back to top Go down
7Azimuth
Quietus
Quietus
7Azimuth

Male Aquarius Cat

PostSubject: Re: Simone said no to Playboy :)   Simone said no to Playboy :) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 8:34 am

She did it! lol!
Simone said no to Playboy :) - Page 2 I272049
Back to top Go down
http://www.foolsofdamnation.ru/
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Simone said no to Playboy :)   Simone said no to Playboy :) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 8:18 pm

The fuck is this Shocked
If this is real I am going to lose some respect...
Back to top Go down
Manala
Sancta Terra
Sancta Terra
Manala

Female Cancer Dog
Favorite Epica song : Tides Of Time, Kingdom Of Heaven, Quietus, White Water, Blank Infinity, Feint

PostSubject: Re: Simone said no to Playboy :)   Simone said no to Playboy :) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 24, 2011 9:23 pm

Praying this isn't real!

EDIT: I tweeted Simone, (and actually got a reply for once!) she says the picture is definitely fake.

Simone said no to Playboy :) - Page 2 35623401730
Back to top Go down
http://www.musesofmetal.com
Ene
Facade Of Reality
Facade Of Reality
Ene

Male Sagittarius Rooster
Favorite Epica song : All of them!

PostSubject: Re: Simone said no to Playboy :)   Simone said no to Playboy :) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 2:53 am

Thank god it's not real <3
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/eneuniverse
7Azimuth
Quietus
Quietus
7Azimuth

Male Aquarius Cat

PostSubject: Re: Simone said no to Playboy :)   Simone said no to Playboy :) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 25, 2011 1:44 pm

Haha! I was joking! It was my fan-art ROFL
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Simone said no to Playboy :)   Simone said no to Playboy :) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 26, 2011 5:13 am

Well that kind of fan-art is quite against the forum rules Laughing
Back to top Go down
Elodie Artour
Quietus
Quietus
Elodie Artour

PostSubject: Re: Simone said no to Playboy :)   Simone said no to Playboy :) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2012 8:15 pm

Haha, wow - awesome fan art! Super Happy
Back to top Go down
7Azimuth
Quietus
Quietus
7Azimuth

Male Aquarius Cat

PostSubject: Re: Simone said no to Playboy :)   Simone said no to Playboy :) - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 10, 2012 6:21 pm

Continued... Very Happy
Simone said no to Playboy :) - Page 2 28813d8d7e
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Simone said no to Playboy :)   Simone said no to Playboy :) - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Simone said no to Playboy :)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2