Martyrs of the Free Word
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are under construction, but you are free to join us on the wait for 2012, the year of Epica!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Design Your Universe (A New Age Dawns Part VI)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
magnoly
Replica
Replica
magnoly

Female Taurus Snake
Favorite Epica song :
Consign to Oblivion
Unleashed
The Obsessive Devotion

Design Your Universe (A New Age Dawns Part VI) Empty
PostSubject: Design Your Universe (A New Age Dawns Part VI)   Design Your Universe (A New Age Dawns Part VI) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 1:12 am

We're blind and eager
Avarice will set us back to blank
Those who wager all will have to name a reason
If you can't let go, you will end up empty handed
If you can't control, you'll live your life in vain

Who decides about my time to come?
Who is able to break through the circle of life and doom?

Don't look back
Keep on track to break the curse
Take the chance
Design your universe
BIG BANG

We can't undo what we have done
So show us now what we've become
Confront us with our viciousness
And our weakness
BIG BANG
We can't evade our destiny
So show responsability
For we all surely have a sense
Of our consciousness

To take for taking's sake
Will leave a path of loss and strain
And endless breaking of faith can warrant acts of treason
If you can't let go, you will end up empty handed
If you can't control, you'll live your life in vain

Who decides about what's true or false?
Who is able to sift through the treasures from the flukes?

The time has come, we have to see
That total wisdom is in reach
The time has come to colour in the lines
We must identify the signs

So many people are full of hate
While love and light are in their reach
So many people will harm themselves
But life can be so beautiful

So many people will idolize
While their own success is in their reach
Don't forget you're able to
Design your own universe

Find your balance, sink into rumination

Ipsum te reperies

Potire mundorum
Potire omnis mundi

-----------------------------------
I actually was kind of disappointed after listening to this song for the first time, but that was such a wrong impression! Now it's definately one of my all time fav Epica's songs! I love the structure of it, it's perfect! Simone's vocals are the best, and this epic choir, wow. I thought of pointing out some of my fav parts of the song, but then I realized I would had to tell all of them. Wink It's such an epic song! And the lyrics strikes me so much, kind of violently but in a positive way.

Last edited by magnoly on Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:13 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Favorite Epica song : Kingdom of Heaven
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Design Your Universe (A New Age Dawns Part VI)   Design Your Universe (A New Age Dawns Part VI) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 7:40 pm

My first thought came exactly from the teaser 2(the choir),I was pretty sure it was from it,I'm weird. Design Your Universe (A New Age Dawns Part VI) Icon_lol

But yes,I was also a bit dissapointed on the first listen,but it grows on me everyday.I love the folk-ish beginning,then it comes thew riffs it calms down a bit with Simone's vocal part then the grunts(and Mark's scream,which terrified me at first,I didn't expect it to hear it,I also miss a bit the screamig in DYU,but I'm not complaining much),the epic choir(I find it a bit repetitive but it sounds beautiful anyway) then Simone agin,Mark,the choir,then when you expected a pompous ending,it slows down unto a gorgeus keyboard note,with Simone's calm and sweet vocals.Yes,the ending is my fave part,because it differes a lot from the other title tracks(I like TPA and CtO more than it but I somehow like this one better than TDC).
I find the lyrics kinda scary,somehow like 'the end of the world' and this is another song that has slightly a bit of the atmosphere of TPA.Has someone else noticed?

To answer yo your question,Gosia,I think you are right,athough beforee you posted I thought Mark was saying something like 'BIG BANG' but that was quite hillarious Design Your Universe (A New Age Dawns Part VI) Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
magnoly
Replica
Replica
magnoly

Female Taurus Snake
Favorite Epica song :
Consign to Oblivion
Unleashed
The Obsessive Devotion

PostSubject: Re: Design Your Universe (A New Age Dawns Part VI)   Design Your Universe (A New Age Dawns Part VI) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 12:45 am

Big bang made me laugh indeed. Razz Thanks! I needed a laugh at the moment. Wink

I'm not sure if I would say the lyrics are scary.. Well, they strike you with the truth, that's for sure. And actually that might be scary at first as I think now. But generally I find them very positive. Makes you think and realize that your life is in your hands, that you're 100% able to create your universe, but have to be careful with that and responsible, cause you affect others with your acts as well. That's how I see it atm.
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Design Your Universe (A New Age Dawns Part VI)   Design Your Universe (A New Age Dawns Part VI) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2009 1:28 am

You'r welcome,I always laugh at my misheared lyrics Design Your Universe (A New Age Dawns Part VI) Icon_lol

Well yes the lyrics are postive,they are beautiful but yes they do 'strike' me in a scary way,but that's make me to love them Design Your Universe (A New Age Dawns Part VI) Icon_wink
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Design Your Universe (A New Age Dawns Part VI)   Design Your Universe (A New Age Dawns Part VI) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 1:45 am

I was actually right xD.The answer is surprisly BIG BANG Design Your Universe (A New Age Dawns Part VI) Icon_eek .Mentioned by Isaac on the dutch part of the official forum Design Your Universe (A New Age Dawns Part VI) Icon_razz
http://forum.epica.nl/viewtopic.php?p=605509#p605509
Back to top Go down
magnoly
Replica
Replica
magnoly

Female Taurus Snake
Favorite Epica song :
Consign to Oblivion
Unleashed
The Obsessive Devotion

PostSubject: Re: Design Your Universe (A New Age Dawns Part VI)   Design Your Universe (A New Age Dawns Part VI) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 2:34 am

Cris, too much coincidences lately with us both. Razz I was up to write it here, but you were first Laughing
Anyway, yeah you were right. It sounded weird to me (well still does in the song) but now it makes sense actually. Big bang as a conception for the origin of the universe. I haven't thought of that before. Razz
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Design Your Universe (A New Age Dawns Part VI)   Design Your Universe (A New Age Dawns Part VI) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 4:36 am

Haha.Really?First BS and now this? Design Your Universe (A New Age Dawns Part VI) Icon_razz

Well my first thought was Big Bang because it has to do with the creation of universe.A BIG-BANG! Design Your Universe (A New Age Dawns Part VI) Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
magnoly
Replica
Replica
magnoly

Female Taurus Snake
Favorite Epica song :
Consign to Oblivion
Unleashed
The Obsessive Devotion

PostSubject: Re: Design Your Universe (A New Age Dawns Part VI)   Design Your Universe (A New Age Dawns Part VI) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 12:35 am

Yeah now it's clear to me, but first when you told me big bang I haven't connected it with the Big Bang of the universe at all. Not even for a second. Razz I just focused more on quantum physics as we can create our worlds with our thoughts, so that's why I heard with mind there. Laughing
I shall change the lyrics. Smile
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Design Your Universe (A New Age Dawns Part VI)   Design Your Universe (A New Age Dawns Part VI) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 1:58 am

Okay,I'm sorry I didn't made sense for you at first,I wasn't very explicit Design Your Universe (A New Age Dawns Part VI) Icon_lol .But thank you for changing the lyrics Design Your Universe (A New Age Dawns Part VI) Icon_wink .But I actually think 'With Mind' would've also fitted there,but if Mark wanted Big Band then he has a Big Bang Design Your Universe (A New Age Dawns Part VI) Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
magnoly
Replica
Replica
magnoly

Female Taurus Snake
Favorite Epica song :
Consign to Oblivion
Unleashed
The Obsessive Devotion

PostSubject: Re: Design Your Universe (A New Age Dawns Part VI)   Design Your Universe (A New Age Dawns Part VI) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 12:09 am

Yeah and I actually still hear with mind. Razz But I have to trust Isaac. Razz
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Design Your Universe (A New Age Dawns Part VI)   Design Your Universe (A New Age Dawns Part VI) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 3:36 am

I've always heard Big Bang Design Your Universe (A New Age Dawns Part VI) Icon_razz .I tried With MInd but I just can't hear it Design Your Universe (A New Age Dawns Part VI) Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
magnoly
Replica
Replica
magnoly

Female Taurus Snake
Favorite Epica song :
Consign to Oblivion
Unleashed
The Obsessive Devotion

PostSubject: Re: Design Your Universe (A New Age Dawns Part VI)   Design Your Universe (A New Age Dawns Part VI) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 13, 2009 12:18 am

Razz But I like what I hear anyway. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Design Your Universe (A New Age Dawns Part VI)   Design Your Universe (A New Age Dawns Part VI) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Design Your Universe (A New Age Dawns Part VI)
Page 1 of 1