Martyrs of the Free Word
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are under construction, but you are free to join us on the wait for 2012, the year of Epica!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Classical style vs pop style?

Go down 
+9
Eline
AnEpicJourney
riina
Phlegethon
Dragana
lilithday
magnoly
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Ene
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Ene
Facade Of Reality
Facade Of Reality
Ene

Male Sagittarius Rooster
Favorite Epica song : All of them!

Classical style vs pop style? Empty
PostSubject: Classical style vs pop style?   Classical style vs pop style? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 10:58 pm

Which one of her singing styles your prefer and why?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/eneuniverse
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Favorite Epica song : Kingdom of Heaven
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Classical style vs pop style?   Classical style vs pop style? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 11:09 pm

Well I really like both,to be honest.She has a great voice colour and range.
I might sound weird but I kind of preffer the "poppier" style of her voice,I don't know it sounds more emotional.I also like her low operatics on The Phantom Agony,just a bit less Wink
Back to top Go down
magnoly
Replica
Replica
magnoly

Female Taurus Snake
Favorite Epica song :
Consign to Oblivion
Unleashed
The Obsessive Devotion

PostSubject: Re: Classical style vs pop style?   Classical style vs pop style? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 2:42 am

I do like both styles too. I admire her classical singing skill, and when she sings more in pop style her voice sounds more colourful and emotional. This combination brings some nice diversity to Epica.
Back to top Go down
lilithday
Quietus
Quietus
lilithday

Female Leo Goat

PostSubject: Re: Classical style vs pop style?   Classical style vs pop style? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 3:15 pm

On this new Epica era (DYU and future), the versatility of Simone's voice will be really important. I prefer her voice more classical, but I prefer now than in TPA era. She has improved a lot. An exemple of a singer who studies and trains a lot.
Back to top Go down
Dragana
Quietus
Quietus
Dragana

Female Taurus Pig

PostSubject: Re: Classical style vs pop style?   Classical style vs pop style? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 4:22 pm

XxfrozenbutterflyxX wrote:
Well I really like both,to be honest.She has a great voice colour and range.
I might sound weird but I kind of preffer the "poppier" style of her voice,I don't know it sounds more emotional.I also like her low operatics on The Phantom Agony,just a bit less Wink
+ 1 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Favorite Epica song : Kingdom of Heaven
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Classical style vs pop style?   Classical style vs pop style? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 7:41 pm

Happy you agree Classical style vs pop style? Icon_biggrin

After I have heared DYU I kinda changed my mind a bit though.I really love her DYU operatics,slightly remind me of Floor,but less powewerfull and more emotional.Still,I love her poppy voice anyway Classical style vs pop style? Icon_wink
Back to top Go down
Dragana
Quietus
Quietus
Dragana

Female Taurus Pig

PostSubject: Re: Classical style vs pop style?   Classical style vs pop style? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 3:19 am

You're right,her operatic parts in DYU are just amazing...

And as for the poppish parts,i love the choruses of Unleashed and Our Destiny.
Back to top Go down
Ene
Facade Of Reality
Facade Of Reality
Ene

Male Sagittarius Rooster
Favorite Epica song : All of them!

PostSubject: Re: Classical style vs pop style?   Classical style vs pop style? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 4:07 pm

She does some really power'ish vocals on the albums too like clean but not pop style, like the parts in end of ToT, or on Our Destiny when the heavy part starts.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/eneuniverse
Phlegethon
Quietus
Quietus
Phlegethon

PostSubject: Re: Classical style vs pop style?   Classical style vs pop style? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 11:00 pm

my prefer is absolutely her classical voice cause' her voice's really soft and of course power.I think she should use her classical style...
Back to top Go down
magnoly
Replica
Replica
magnoly

Female Taurus Snake
Favorite Epica song :
Consign to Oblivion
Unleashed
The Obsessive Devotion

PostSubject: Re: Classical style vs pop style?   Classical style vs pop style? I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 21, 2010 11:17 pm

^ Yes, her classical style is simply outstanding. <3

Btw, it's nice you joined the forum, if you like go and introduce yourself in the Introductions topic. Thanks! Smile
Back to top Go down
riina
Quietus
Quietus
riina

Female Pisces Goat

PostSubject: Re: Classical style vs pop style?   Classical style vs pop style? I_icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 3:11 pm

I love it how she uses the classical voice to add the bombastic sound to Epica songs. Like the last chorus of Unleashed, its just a BOMB!
And indeed with "natural way of singing" (=poppy style) you can add more colours and it sounds softer, compared to classical voice when everything sounds dramatic. Smile
It's really amazing how many styles she can pull off! Like I was really surprised when I was listening ToT, the powerful part in the end and she just sings it strong and clear! I'd like to visit her singing coach! Razz
Her voice is also very unique, I could recognise it easily Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.thedivinesimone.tk

PostSubject: Re: Classical style vs pop style?   Classical style vs pop style? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 4:18 am

CLASSICAL... I cry when I hear her sing classical...
Back to top Go down
AnEpicJourney
Blank Infinity
Blank Infinity
AnEpicJourney

Female Posts : 447
Favorite Epica song : Almost every song from tPA and CtO + Fools of damnation, the Obsessive Devotion and tDC

PostSubject: Re: Classical style vs pop style?   Classical style vs pop style? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 4:30 pm

Phlegethon wrote:
my prefer is absolutely her classical voice cause' her voice's really soft and of course power.I think she should use her classical style...

I totally agree ^^
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Classical style vs pop style?   Classical style vs pop style? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 9:10 pm

One proof that her voice is totally amazing is this: You all know the powerful ending of tides of time, like mentioned up here, she sat backstage at Norway Rock after a concert and sang that for me, she just went straight up there... It was mindblowing.

And this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMv-HEVdXSM at 3:32 I am just stunned every time I hear this, haha....
Back to top Go down
Eline
Fool Of Damnation
Fool Of Damnation
Eline

Female Virgo Dog
Favorite Epica song : Consign to Oblivion

PostSubject: Re: Classical style vs pop style?   Classical style vs pop style? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 2:08 am

I love both, but I think her classical vocal abilities are truly great. For example her vocals during the chorus of Tides of Time, that can make me cry even though it was in Chinese or whatever. Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.Eline.t83.net
BloodyRose
Quietus
Quietus
BloodyRose

Female Scorpio Snake
Favorite Epica song : Facade of Reality, Cry For The Moon, Mortyr of the Free Word

PostSubject: Re: Classical style vs pop style?   Classical style vs pop style? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 8:44 pm

I prefer her classical style. It's sounds better and more powerful Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.nightwish-bulgaria.hit.bg
FacadeOfSimone
Quietus
Quietus
FacadeOfSimone

Female Cancer Dog
Favorite Epica song : Façade of Reality
The Phantom Agony
Design Your Universe

PostSubject: Re: Classical style vs pop style?   Classical style vs pop style? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 5:43 pm

I prefer just like everyone here her classical style. It's sounds pretty, sometimes she can bring me tears into my eyes in some parts of Unleashed. But my dog, Tommie, don't like it when Simone use her classical style. I think it hurts his ears, but it's kind of cute when I put Consign to Oblivion on, then he just lay down at the boxes of my laptop, haha.
Back to top Go down
Sancta_Terra
Fool Of Damnation
Fool Of Damnation
Sancta_Terra

Female Scorpio Rooster
Favorite Epica song : Mother of Light

PostSubject: Re: Classical style vs pop style?   Classical style vs pop style? I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 6:41 am

Your doggy is like Amanda Somerville's hee
Back to top Go down
Your Face
Quietus
Quietus
Your Face

PostSubject: Re: Classical style vs pop style?   Classical style vs pop style? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 3:56 am

What say you all to the accusations as seen on Youtube that Simone doesn't sing as well live now-a-days as she did in previous years?

I'm not the best judge of voice, espeically when I already love the singer as much as I love SImone, but I'm wondering if she is just getting bored singing the same songs over and over. Not much excitement and lots of room to get sloppy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Classical style vs pop style?   Classical style vs pop style? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Classical style vs pop style?
Page 1 of 1