Martyrs of the Free Word
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are under construction, but you are free to join us on the wait for 2012, the year of Epica!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Edenbridge guitarist speaks shit of Epica!

Go down 
+8
Bram
amalia1985
TheAsylum
magnoly
lilithday
EpicaHolic
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Ene
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Ene
Facade Of Reality
Facade Of Reality
Ene

Male Sagittarius Rooster
Favorite Epica song : All of them!

Edenbridge guitarist speaks shit of Epica! Empty
PostSubject: Edenbridge guitarist speaks shit of Epica!   Edenbridge guitarist speaks shit of Epica! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 3:30 pm

From interview with Lanvall

Quote :
R13:
As stated in my review, Sabine is a raven haired temptress, is it a worry that the media and fans will focus on her rather than the music?
Lanvall:
We never had that problem. It was always the music first. Take a band like Epica. All the media and fans were totally blown away by Simone's appearance on stage, this was the only thing that made the band big. I cannot remember anybody who spoke about their musical qualities.

I would like to kill that guy from shitty band!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/eneuniverse
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Favorite Epica song : Kingdom of Heaven
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Edenbridge guitarist speaks shit of Epica!   Edenbridge guitarist speaks shit of Epica! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 4:07 pm

That's not true!Simone is pretty sure,but i don't think she made EPICA what is it now.I've always liked Epica for their music as a whole not only for Sisi.Well,opinions are opinions... Edenbridge guitarist speaks shit of Epica! Icon_rolleyes
Back to top Go down
Ene
Facade Of Reality
Facade Of Reality
Ene

Male Sagittarius Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Edenbridge guitarist speaks shit of Epica!   Edenbridge guitarist speaks shit of Epica! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 4:25 pm

I don't think that's an opinion, they are just jealous not breaking through like Epica lol
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Favorite Epica song : Kingdom of Heaven
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Edenbridge guitarist speaks shit of Epica!   Edenbridge guitarist speaks shit of Epica! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 4:30 pm

Maybe but i find it a bit rude Edenbridge guitarist speaks shit of Epica! Icon_neutral
Back to top Go down
EpicaHolic
Quietus
Quietus
EpicaHolic

Female Libra Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Edenbridge guitarist speaks shit of Epica!   Edenbridge guitarist speaks shit of Epica! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 5:31 pm

Shit... they are coming to Portugal... Im gonna kill them Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
lilithday
Quietus
Quietus
lilithday

Female Leo Goat

PostSubject: Re: Edenbridge guitarist speaks shit of Epica!   Edenbridge guitarist speaks shit of Epica! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 1:10 pm

One thing is true, Simone is beautiful - yes, there's no way to not feel attract by her. Some people are born like this, what to do? We admire them =]
But say something about the musical quality of Epica, moreover, say that they are bad .... hahahaha come on, it is rude and jealous: x

afro
Back to top Go down
magnoly
Replica
Replica
magnoly

Female Taurus Snake
Favorite Epica song :
Consign to Oblivion
Unleashed
The Obsessive Devotion

PostSubject: Re: Edenbridge guitarist speaks shit of Epica!   Edenbridge guitarist speaks shit of Epica! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 2:25 am

This guy either do not know anything about music or is just super jealous. Or both! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
TheAsylum
Blank Infinity
Blank Infinity
TheAsylum

Female Capricorn Pig
Favorite Epica song : Burn to a Cinder

PostSubject: Re: Edenbridge guitarist speaks shit of Epica!   Edenbridge guitarist speaks shit of Epica! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 2:28 am

I am sorry for what I said Sad

Last edited by MetalHeadLiz on Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
amalia1985
Quietus
Quietus
amalia1985

Female Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Edenbridge guitarist speaks shit of Epica!   Edenbridge guitarist speaks shit of Epica! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 6:06 am

And the music he creates is quality? This Lanval- what's-his-name- is a joke. His lyrics are soooooo funny...hihi! Razz
Back to top Go down
Ene
Facade Of Reality
Facade Of Reality
Ene

Male Sagittarius Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Edenbridge guitarist speaks shit of Epica!   Edenbridge guitarist speaks shit of Epica! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 3:50 pm

MetalHeadLiz wrote:
The singer of Edenbridge is a Sisi wannabe anyways I knew that from the start thats why I hate them, Sisi has her own personal style, her voice is truly amazing In this music genre it is not about looks its about the voice, Sisi's voice is better than that girl she is a wannabe Sisi rules and no one else does (well apart from Nera Razz )

Nope she is not wannabe, she doesnt sound like Simone at all and doesnt try to sound like.
I still dont like their music, neither her voice.
Back to top Go down
Bram
Quietus
Quietus
Bram

Male Leo Goat
Favorite Epica song : Cry for The Moon

PostSubject: Re: Edenbridge guitarist speaks shit of Epica!   Edenbridge guitarist speaks shit of Epica! I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 4:56 am

Ene wrote:
From interview with Lanvall

Quote :
R13:
As stated in my review, Sabine is a raven haired temptress, is it a worry that the media and fans will focus on her rather than the music?
Lanvall:
We never had that problem. It was always the music first. Take a band like Epica. All the media and fans were totally blown away by Simone's appearance on stage, this was the only thing that made the band big. I cannot remember anybody who spoke about their musical qualities.

I would like to kill that guy from shitty band!!

He didn't meet me yet! I swear, At first I was blown away by the intro's like Indigo, Hunab, Adyta. songs of the score etc. Besides that I've never heard of this dude/band so who is he to speak.
Back to top Go down
http://www.reverbnation.com/shalott
Pale Secrecy
Quietus
Quietus
Pale Secrecy

Female Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: Edenbridge guitarist speaks shit of Epica!   Edenbridge guitarist speaks shit of Epica! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 1:50 am

Well. I actually always respected Lanvall as a musician, but now I cannot say I respect him very much as a person. He sounds really bitter, and jealous of Epica's success. I do not blame Sabine of Edenbridge in any way for his statement; she seems very nice, talented, and down-to-earth. But Lanvall should really work out his attitude issues so he does not alienate his own fans, many of whom will probably be inclined to like our Epica. Smile

Jenna (Pale Secrecy)
Back to top Go down
Dragana
Quietus
Quietus
Dragana

Female Taurus Pig

PostSubject: Re: Edenbridge guitarist speaks shit of Epica!   Edenbridge guitarist speaks shit of Epica! I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 4:33 pm

Pale Secrecy wrote:
Well. I actually always respected Lanvall as a musician, but now I cannot say I respect him very much as a person. He sounds really bitter, and jealous of Epica's success. I do not blame Sabine of Edenbridge in any way for his statement; she seems very nice, talented, and down-to-earth. But Lanvall should really work out his attitude issues so he does not alienate his own fans, many of whom will probably be inclined to like our Epica. Smile

Jenna (Pale Secrecy)
i agree with this,totaly. sunny
Back to top Go down
Manala
Sancta Terra
Sancta Terra
Manala

Female Cancer Dog
Favorite Epica song : Tides Of Time, Kingdom Of Heaven, Quietus, White Water, Blank Infinity, Feint

PostSubject: Re: Edenbridge guitarist speaks shit of Epica!   Edenbridge guitarist speaks shit of Epica! I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 11:25 pm

To be honest Ednebridge are a GREAT band and it was only their guitarist that said what did you call it "shit". To be honest if you want to have a bitch fit listen to Amy Lee on Epica Rolling Eyes

Sabine is a nice kind hearted person and I'm sure she wouldn't want her band members speaking out against other bands. So Lanvall had no right to say it but he is telling half truths. You don't see bands like Skeptical Minds getting huge do you? They have heaps and heaps of talent. Who here has honestly heard of them? I bet it's very little, and their singer is not the most pretty person in the world and yet where are they? Underground. See so Lanvall does have a point.

In my opinion Epica seems to be solely focused on Simone, like Leaves Eyes is with Liv, like Lacuna Coil is with Cristina, like Closterkeller is with Anja and so on. It doesn't really make one blind bit of difference. If you're gonna bitch about something some has said do it to their face and take a look at the bigger picture. Not many fans think outside of the box, tht can be a problem too.

En wrote:
I don't think that's an opinion, they are just jealous not breaking through like Epica lol

There's nothing funny said in the above statement. What Lanvall said was his opinion, we all have opinions. Edenbridge are big on the symohonic scene in case you haven't seen, and they broke through in1998 and are still growing. Even my dad knew about them in those years when Nightwish broke through too. I really want to know how he could be jealous, I really do.

MetalHeadLiz wrote:
The singer of Edenbridge is a Sisi wannabe anyways I knew that from the start thats why I hate them, Sisi has her own personal style, her voice is truly amazing In this music genre it is not about looks its about the voice, Sisi's voice is better than that girl she is a wannabe Sisi rules and no one else does

To me that sounds like you are very ignorant of both Sabine's voice and Edenbridge as a band. Personally I don't think you've listen to them at all. Simone is a colouraturo mezzo soprano whereas Sabine is a light soprano. Anyone who can clearly not hear or tell the difference is either deaf, ignorant or has never listened to the band properly. Edenbridge play a completely different style to Epica too - just incase you can't tell.
Also may I ask how the FUCK is Sabine a WANNABE?! Sabine has been around since 1995 I think and Simone 2002/2003. You really don't know your metal history in this case. Sabine is unique and talented she's never copied anyone and has kept herself to herself. I don't who you think you are by critising someone you don't even know or have bothered to listen to or research upon.
This has truly pissed me off. It's not even about Sabine and yet she's been dragged into the and called a wannbe. What. The. Fuck?!

All I would like to say now is next time, listen to the band, see the bigger picture, learn to tell the differences, don't be so fucking ignorant and stop insulting people ytou really have no idea about and you really don't know.

Rant over!
Back to top Go down
http://www.musesofmetal.com
xut0piax
Quietus
Quietus
xut0piax

Male Leo Goat

PostSubject: Re: Edenbridge guitarist speaks shit of Epica!   Edenbridge guitarist speaks shit of Epica! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 12:07 am

How dare he says that! Im Sorry im not having anybody say shit about epica :@

Simone has an amazing voice the band know how to play there music is quality!

im not reading properly haha lol Smile but epica puts him and his band to shame argh hate when people run other people down
Back to top Go down
Manala
Sancta Terra
Sancta Terra
Manala

Female Cancer Dog
Favorite Epica song : Tides Of Time, Kingdom Of Heaven, Quietus, White Water, Blank Infinity, Feint

PostSubject: Re: Edenbridge guitarist speaks shit of Epica!   Edenbridge guitarist speaks shit of Epica! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 2:19 am

Yet people can speak shit about Edenbridge and the members who aren't involved in this? It doesn't make sense.
Back to top Go down
Bram
Quietus
Quietus
Bram

Male Leo Goat

PostSubject: Re: Edenbridge guitarist speaks shit of Epica!   Edenbridge guitarist speaks shit of Epica! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 6:46 am

Well if I am not mistaking I was only aiming for the guitarist.
Back to top Go down
Manala
Sancta Terra
Sancta Terra
Manala

Female Cancer Dog

PostSubject: Re: Edenbridge guitarist speaks shit of Epica!   Edenbridge guitarist speaks shit of Epica! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 7:58 pm

But others were attacking other members of the band such as Sabine.
Back to top Go down
Bram
Quietus
Quietus
Bram

Male Leo Goat

PostSubject: Re: Edenbridge guitarist speaks shit of Epica!   Edenbridge guitarist speaks shit of Epica! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 8:58 pm

Ah I see, that's probably because the guitarist attacked Simone. It's naturally for people to react like that instead of thinking a bit further.
Back to top Go down
Ene
Facade Of Reality
Facade Of Reality
Ene

Male Sagittarius Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Edenbridge guitarist speaks shit of Epica!   Edenbridge guitarist speaks shit of Epica! I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 9:32 pm

Well i didn't mean anybody else than the guitarist, and yet i don't like EB so that just made it easier to rant about them Smile
Back to top Go down
Manala
Sancta Terra
Sancta Terra
Manala

Female Cancer Dog

PostSubject: Re: Edenbridge guitarist speaks shit of Epica!   Edenbridge guitarist speaks shit of Epica! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 1:02 am

Actually he said they were only big because of how beautoful Simone is. That is NOT attacking her but complimenting her.

Also if you don't like the band on a whole it's still only the guitarist, so there's no need to rant about the whole band.
Back to top Go down
Ene
Facade Of Reality
Facade Of Reality
Ene

Male Sagittarius Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Edenbridge guitarist speaks shit of Epica!   Edenbridge guitarist speaks shit of Epica! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 1:07 am

Well Lanval said Epica's music is shit and that the only thing they have is Simone's stage appearance, that's pretty bad haha, not the most professional comment musician can say really.
Back to top Go down
Manala
Sancta Terra
Sancta Terra
Manala

Female Cancer Dog

PostSubject: Re: Edenbridge guitarist speaks shit of Epica!   Edenbridge guitarist speaks shit of Epica! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 1:10 am

Excuse me. Where is his statement did he say their musoc was shit? That doesn't even come into the equation. To be honest when you have solid proof he said something like that tell me.
Back to top Go down
Ene
Facade Of Reality
Facade Of Reality
Ene

Male Sagittarius Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Edenbridge guitarist speaks shit of Epica!   Edenbridge guitarist speaks shit of Epica! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 1:15 am

''this was the only thing that made the band big. I cannot remember anybody who spoke about their musical qualities'' = saying they are shit

atleast it sounds like that to me Smile
Back to top Go down
Manala
Sancta Terra
Sancta Terra
Manala

Female Cancer Dog

PostSubject: Re: Edenbridge guitarist speaks shit of Epica!   Edenbridge guitarist speaks shit of Epica! I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 1:20 am

No he was saying that basically people care more for the image than the bands music.

Also if you want to bitch further do it to the man himself his email: lanvall@edenbridge.org
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Edenbridge guitarist speaks shit of Epica!   Edenbridge guitarist speaks shit of Epica! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Edenbridge guitarist speaks shit of Epica!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next