Martyrs of the Free Word
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are under construction, but you are free to join us on the wait for 2012, the year of Epica!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Other bands on Epica

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Favorite Epica song : Kingdom of Heaven
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

Other bands on Epica Empty
PostSubject: Other bands on Epica   Other bands on Epica I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 1:26 am

I though it'sa good to start a thread like that since I have found something Other bands on Epica Icon_smile So if you found somewhere in an interview of any other artist reffering to Epica write it down here. Other bands on Epica Icon_wink

Today,I was areading an interview with Floor Jansen(After Forever)Then,at a moment she was reffering that AF is one of the heaviest bands of the genre.

Here is what she wrote:
Quote :
We are one of the heaviest female fronted bands if it comes to lyrical singing in this genre. We’re definitely heavier than Within Temptation. Also Epica I think.

Well,I don't know if she was reffering to singing or music exactly.If it was for singing I totally agree.Floor has one of the most powerful voices I have ever heared.But if it was about music I only agree half about her.Overall,if you compare all the AF albums to all the Epica albums,you find AF tends to be heavier.But also,in a different way.AF are more rough,less symphonic/melodic so I think that's the only reason you can call them "heavier".But also looking at the direction Epica took since TDC,I think Epica tends to be heavier this time.But we shall listen to DYU,and then judge Other bands on Epica Icon_wink

Well,that was my opinion Other bands on Epica Icon_lol And I have odd opinions sometimes Other bands on Epica Icon_razz

And now something Hillarous Other bands on Epica Icon_lol .In an interview,Sharon(WT) was asked to listen to Epica's "Cry For The Moon" without giving the artist's name

Quote :
Sharon: Nightwish? I'm not quite sure. Or is it Epica? There are similarities. No wonder Tarja feels attracted. Epica are not my cup of tea but they've got much potential.

Well done Shaz Other bands on Epica Icon_rolleyes

Back to top Go down
Ene
Facade Of Reality
Facade Of Reality
Ene

Male Sagittarius Rooster
Favorite Epica song : All of them!

PostSubject: Re: Other bands on Epica   Other bands on Epica I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 3:33 am

I think TDC was heavier than AF albums, and DYU sure shall be.
Though i think Floor was speaking vocal-wise heavier and that is true, she has more rock voice than Simone or Tarja for example, but Veronica from Benedictum and Magali from Virus IV have both more powerful and rocky voice than Floor so not the most heavy female vocals.

And funny Sharon doesnt see the difference in Epica and NW, like comparing pillow to arrow..
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/eneuniverse
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Other bands on Epica   Other bands on Epica I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 2:20 pm

That's what I thought Other bands on Epica Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
magnoly
Replica
Replica
magnoly

Female Taurus Snake
Favorite Epica song :
Consign to Oblivion
Unleashed
The Obsessive Devotion

PostSubject: Re: Other bands on Epica   Other bands on Epica I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 1:30 am

I can't say if AF is heavier than Epica cause I simply do not know AF work.
But my Sharon, how could you did not hear the difference between NW and Epica?! Rolling Eyes Ok, I love her anyway. Razz
Back to top Go down
Dragana
Quietus
Quietus
Dragana

Female Taurus Pig

PostSubject: Re: Other bands on Epica   Other bands on Epica I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 4:39 pm

well,you know,if Shaz doesn't listen to NW and Epica,i somehow understand her for not seeing the difference Razz because there certainly are similarities between these two bands.We who listen to both bands will always notice the difference,right? xD
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Other bands on Epica   Other bands on Epica I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 7:44 pm

I kinda see your point.Listening to both bands you can notice differences much easier than someone who just knows just one song of each band.Buyt still comparing Amaranth or Nemo to Never Enough or Unleashed is kinda..ow well..different.Sama genre but the bands sound different Other bands on Epica Icon_wink
Back to top Go down
Dragana
Quietus
Quietus
Dragana

Female Taurus Pig

PostSubject: Re: Other bands on Epica   Other bands on Epica I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 3:27 am

I see your point too,but she was probably just not paying attention xD
Back to top Go down
Ene
Facade Of Reality
Facade Of Reality
Ene

Male Sagittarius Rooster
Favorite Epica song : All of them!

PostSubject: Re: Other bands on Epica   Other bands on Epica I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 4:11 pm

Unleashed is much heavier and longer than the singles of other sympho metal bands Smile
Mostly because Epica is not looking that the single will be played on radio and tv, it's just little extra for the fans.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/eneuniverse
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Other bands on Epica   Other bands on Epica I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 21, 2009 7:41 pm

And although the singles aren't commercial,they are quite catchy(not in the wrong way,I love catchy songs,almost as much as complex ones).I converted some Epica fans with the help of Unleashed Other bands on Epica Icon_wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Other bands on Epica   Other bands on Epica I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Other bands on Epica
Page 1 of 1