Martyrs of the Free Word
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are under construction, but you are free to join us on the wait for 2012, the year of Epica!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

White Waters

Go down 
+3
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Dragana
magnoly
7 posters
AuthorMessage
magnoly
Replica
Replica
magnoly

Female Taurus Snake
Favorite Epica song :
Consign to Oblivion
Unleashed
The Obsessive Devotion

White Waters Empty
PostSubject: White Waters   White Waters I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 1:01 am

I see a silhouette, liquid that moves
Skin like a pearl in the sea
I cannot resist this, her voice in the wind
But is it my eyes are deceived?
Is it you I see?

Lie down in my arms
Trust what you see
Smooth your brow, you will be with me
To find your relief

Gazing at whitecaps, coming so close
Everything's suddenly clear
Numb with the aching, and still I am waiting
The water is pulling me near
Would you welcome me?

Lie down in my arms
Try not to breathe
Quiet love, you are now with me
You need no words to speak

For my mistakes, I am to blame
Never believed that it was all meant to fall
I'd give my life, to have you near once again
Take me away, would you forgive me?

------------------------------------------------------------
I actually like this song. The music is kind of dreamy and peaceful. I love Simone's vocals, but not that much Tony's. Generally, White Waters is a really nice passage between SoL and the final DYU.
Back to top Go down
Dragana
Quietus
Quietus
Dragana

Female Taurus Pig

White Waters Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Waters   White Waters I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 4:41 am

Well yeah,it's nice.Like another Trois Viegres for me xD
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Favorite Epica song : Kingdom of Heaven
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

White Waters Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Waters   White Waters I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2009 7:27 pm

Not a personal favorite,and it sounds a bit different from the usual Epica stuff,but it's beautiful and has a good balance between SoL and DYU.The unplugged guitar sound is wonderful and it has an eastern atmosphere.Toni's voice is beautiful as he's one of my fave male singers but he doesn't come not even close to Sisi White Waters Icon_razz .Well honestly I expected something more powerfull like the part towards the end but it ends just as calm it it has begun White Waters Icon_rolleyes .Oh well I'm satisfied anyway White Waters Icon_smile

It's better than Trois Vierges anyway White Waters Icon_biggrin .
Back to top Go down
Mad Maudlin
Quietus
Quietus
Mad Maudlin

Female Posts : 64

White Waters Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Waters   White Waters I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 6:51 pm

The Trois Vierges of DYU. Both vocalists are absolutely brilliant, yet the song itself is kind of meh... though very peaceful and dreamy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~cosmicghost
xut0piax
Quietus
Quietus
xut0piax

Male Leo Goat

White Waters Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Waters   White Waters I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 7:16 am

It kinda reminds of the ocean its got a watery feeling to it that doesnt make sense but to me it does LOL!
Back to top Go down
Elodie Artour
Quietus
Quietus
Elodie Artour

Female Posts : 84

White Waters Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Waters   White Waters I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 2:03 am

I can't get it, guys. I seriously don't understand the reason you dislike this song. I can listen to it all over again the whole day/night through without getting tired of it. I find "White Waters" absolutely different compared with "Trois Vierges" (except for the fact there are famous male metal vocals featured on both tracks Laughing ) . Otherwise, I can't find any similarities between these two songs. "Trois Vierges" is indeed boring, whereas "White Waters" is beautiful, captivating, dreamy, and somewhat...different in comparison with most Epica songs. I love the lyrics which remind me of some lyrics of mine. (Is it only a coincidence?...) Even if I only read through the lines of "White Waters" (without listening to the song itself) , I can sense that feeling of love, sadness, despair and many other feelings and emotions. Those lyrics are so dear to me...

If it comes to the instrumental itself, it seems to me like a two-sided story. On the one hand, it's all about love, comfort, etc. but on the other one, there are these parts where the atmosphere suddenly turns dramatic. They could easily be associated with the lyrics because at some point, Tony sings: "For my mistakes, I am to blame..." (and so on) Here, I would like to mention that both Simone's and Tony's voices match perfectly with the lyrics and music. These two vocals give it a special feeling. Simone sounds gentle (like the sweet, calm parts of the songs) . In contrast with her voice, Tony's performance sounds haggard, restless, as if he feels so sorry...

By the way, it's good to pay attention to all back vocals and effects on the track. They make the whole song even more worth it. Wink

To me, "White Waters" is like a true love story with a sad, irreversible end...

P.S.: I totally agree about the 'watery feeling' . Razz This song could even represent the whole album itself because of that certain feeling. "Design Your Universe" is all about wandering, oceans, fights, etc.
Back to top Go down
magnoly
Replica
Replica
magnoly

Female Taurus Snake
Favorite Epica song :
Consign to Oblivion
Unleashed
The Obsessive Devotion

White Waters Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Waters   White Waters I_icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 9:05 pm

No one says that their dislike it. Wink But I actually understand what you feel about this song. I know the feeling when a particular song becomes special, amazing and important for you because of personal meaning.

With time I got to love it more, as well because of the personal reasons. The lyrics means truly a lot to me, and kinda helps me through. And lyrics blend so well with music. It's truly a peaceful, dreamy song, yet also dramatic. When I listen to it I feel like I actually plunge into those white waters...
Back to top Go down
Ene
Facade Of Reality
Facade Of Reality
Ene

Male Sagittarius Rooster
Favorite Epica song : All of them!

White Waters Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Waters   White Waters I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 2:24 am

Elodie Artour wrote:
I can't get it, guys. I seriously don't understand the reason you dislike this song. I can listen to it all over again the whole day/night through without getting tired of it. I find "White Waters" absolutely different compared with "Trois Vierges" (except for the fact there are famous male metal vocals featured on both tracks Laughing ) . Otherwise, I can't find any similarities between these two songs. "Trois Vierges" is indeed boring, whereas "White Waters" is beautiful, captivating, dreamy, and somewhat...different in comparison with most Epica songs. I love the lyrics which remind me of some lyrics of mine. (Is it only a coincidence?...) Even if I only read through the lines of "White Waters" (without listening to the song itself) , I can sense that feeling of love, sadness, despair and many other feelings and emotions. Those lyrics are so dear to me...

If it comes to the instrumental itself, it seems to me like a two-sided story. On the one hand, it's all about love, comfort, etc. but on the other one, there are these parts where the atmosphere suddenly turns dramatic. They could easily be associated with the lyrics because at some point, Tony sings: "For my mistakes, I am to blame..." (and so on) Here, I would like to mention that both Simone's and Tony's voices match perfectly with the lyrics and music. These two vocals give it a special feeling. Simone sounds gentle (like the sweet, calm parts of the songs) . In contrast with her voice, Tony's performance sounds haggard, restless, as if he feels so sorry...

By the way, it's good to pay attention to all back vocals and effects on the track. They make the whole song even more worth it. Wink

To me, "White Waters" is like a true love story with a sad, irreversible end...

P.S.: I totally agree about the 'watery feeling' . Razz This song could even represent the whole album itself because of that certain feeling. "Design Your Universe" is all about wandering, oceans, fights, etc.

I couldn't agree more, that's exactly how i felt Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/eneuniverse
Elodie Artour
Quietus
Quietus
Elodie Artour

Female Posts : 84

White Waters Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Waters   White Waters I_icon_minitimeSat May 29, 2010 5:07 am

Yeah, I'm not alone! Very Happy

@magnoly: I also feel as if I'm drowning in these waters... It feels so awesome!

It's just that many people here call this song "Trois Vierges" of DYU with disregard which I find useless. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

White Waters Empty
PostSubject: Re: White Waters   White Waters I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

White Waters
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Martyrs of the Free Word :: Epica :: Music :: Songs-
Jump to: