Martyrs of the Free Word
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are under construction, but you are free to join us on the wait for 2012, the year of Epica!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Cradle Of Filth

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Manala
Sancta Terra
Sancta Terra
Manala

Female Cancer Dog
Favorite Epica song : Tides Of Time, Kingdom Of Heaven, Quietus, White Water, Blank Infinity, Feint

Cradle Of Filth Empty
PostSubject: Cradle Of Filth   Cradle Of Filth I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2009 8:07 pm

Quote :
Cradle of Filth is an extreme metal band, formed in Suffolk, United Kingdom in 1991. The band consists of Dani Filth (vocals), Paul Allender (guitars), Charles Hedger (guitars), Dave Pybus (bass), Sarah Jezebel Deva (backing vocals), Rosie Smith (keyboards), and Martin Skaroupka (drums).

In 1994, Cradle of Filth was signed to Cacophonous Records, on which they released their first album “The Principle of Evil Made Flesh”. Cacophonous also pressed the “Vempire or Dark Faerytales In Phallustein” EP in 1996. After this the band were signed to Music For Nations, for whom they produced three of their most prominent full length CD’s to date: “Dusk and Her Embrace”, “Cruelty and the Beast”, and “Midian”. The “From the Cradle to Enslave” EP and a compilation dubbed “Bitter Suites to Succubi” also featured many original songs, as well as some covers and re-recordings of old songs. Then in 2003, they signed to Sony and released only one album on this record label, “Damnation and a Day”. At the beginning of 2004 however, they left Sony and signed to Roadrunner records, through which they released the albums “Nymphetamine” (2004) and their latest “Thornography” (2006). They also have their own label Abracadaver on which “Bitter Suites to Succubi” was released. They hope to sign bands to this label in the near future. On Sept 27th 2008 Roadrunner Records and Cradle of Filth made available an MP3 download for “Tragic Kingdom” the first sample of the upcoming album “Godspeed on the Devil’s Thunder” due to be released in October.

Cradle of Filth is also known for doing covers such as: Hallowed Be Thy Name, Sodomy and Lust, Black Metal, For Those Who Died,No Time to Cry, Bestial Lust (Bitch), Sleepless, Devil Woman, Mr. Crowley, Temptation,Death Comes Ripping and Halloween 2.

Official site: www.cradleoffilth.com

www.myspace.com/cradleoffilth
Back to top Go down
http://www.musesofmetal.com
MinaSophia
Quietus
Quietus
MinaSophia

Female Cancer Goat

Cradle Of Filth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cradle Of Filth   Cradle Of Filth I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 9:48 pm

I love them, though their lyrics are a bit heavy and too dark for me sometimes. But they have songs, that can really touch your heart. My favorites are : Burn in a burial gown,Gabriele, Saffron's curse, Suicide and other Comforts and the new one - The Death of Love.

And the thing, that I really like about Cradle of Filth, that they're really professional musicians and the language..ahh...They have such a GREAT english language. I'm sure, that not even professors in university can't speak this sort of english language.
Back to top Go down
Manala
Sancta Terra
Sancta Terra
Manala

Female Cancer Dog
Favorite Epica song : Tides Of Time, Kingdom Of Heaven, Quietus, White Water, Blank Infinity, Feint

Cradle Of Filth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cradle Of Filth   Cradle Of Filth I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 4:28 am

Dani has 3 major degrees in English literature and language! He's amazing and so talented. *daydreams*
Back to top Go down
MinaSophia
Quietus
Quietus
MinaSophia

Female Cancer Goat

Cradle Of Filth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cradle Of Filth   Cradle Of Filth I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2009 10:40 pm

He is not only talented, he is also educated!!! That's so rare now.. =)
Back to top Go down
Manala
Sancta Terra
Sancta Terra
Manala

Female Cancer Dog

Cradle Of Filth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cradle Of Filth   Cradle Of Filth I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 1:33 am

I can only agreed! Plus he's very, very good looking Wink
Back to top Go down
MinaSophia
Quietus
Quietus
MinaSophia

Female Cancer Goat

Cradle Of Filth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cradle Of Filth   Cradle Of Filth I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 3:34 am

Although he is a bit short xD
But I agree, I like his appereance too Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Manala
Sancta Terra
Sancta Terra
Manala

Female Cancer Dog

Cradle Of Filth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cradle Of Filth   Cradle Of Filth I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2009 7:05 pm

He's a little smaller than me! I met him in a juice bar and he's really nice. *dances*
He has the nicest eyes too.

I was just wondering, am I the only one that likes Temptation? The cover of the Heaven17 classic that is.
Back to top Go down
Dragana
Quietus
Quietus
Dragana

Female Taurus Pig

Cradle Of Filth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cradle Of Filth   Cradle Of Filth I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 12:47 am

Oh,i like Temptation too.^^

But i'm kinda more in love with the earlier works.Especialy The Cruelty And The Beast. Very Happy
Venus in Fear gives me chils...
Back to top Go down
MinaSophia
Quietus
Quietus
MinaSophia

Female Cancer Goat

Cradle Of Filth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cradle Of Filth   Cradle Of Filth I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 1:04 am

No-no! I also like Temptation =) And I like the video, it is soo beautiful and weird at the same time Smile

Hmm.. I love earlier albums also more, especially "Midian"..
But "The Death of Love" from the last one (or was is it not in the last album???) turns me inside out, so much I like it! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Dragana
Quietus
Quietus
Dragana

Female Taurus Pig

Cradle Of Filth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cradle Of Filth   Cradle Of Filth I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 1:08 am

Yes,TDOL is from Godspeed On The Devil's Thunder. Very Happy
And i love it too. Smile
Back to top Go down
Ene
Facade Of Reality
Facade Of Reality
Ene

Male Sagittarius Rooster
Favorite Epica song : All of them!

Cradle Of Filth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cradle Of Filth   Cradle Of Filth I_icon_minitimeThu May 20, 2010 2:13 am

They must be one of my favourite bands ever, i missed them live last summer because of my dad and i promise I WILL MAKE HIM PAY one day Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/eneuniverse
Sponsored content

Cradle Of Filth Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cradle Of Filth   Cradle Of Filth I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cradle Of Filth
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Martyrs of the Free Word :: General :: Other Music-
Jump to: