Martyrs of the Free Word
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are under construction, but you are free to join us on the wait for 2012, the year of Epica!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Interview with Simone(Blabbermouth.net)-Simone's solo album

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Favorite Epica song : Kingdom of Heaven
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

Interview with Simone(Blabbermouth.net)-Simone's  solo album Empty
PostSubject: Interview with Simone(Blabbermouth.net)-Simone's solo album   Interview with Simone(Blabbermouth.net)-Simone's  solo album I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 7:28 pm

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=134205
Also,listen to the interview Wink

I am quite interested in this,I'm wondering what kind of music will be.I might think of jazz,wasn't she supposed to to a jazz guest appearance or something like that?

And I also hope a solo album doesn't mean a solo career,but I don't worry because I am sure she won't leave Epica too soon Interview with Simone(Blabbermouth.net)-Simone's  solo album Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
magnoly
Replica
Replica
magnoly

Female Taurus Snake
Favorite Epica song :
Consign to Oblivion
Unleashed
The Obsessive Devotion

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Simone(Blabbermouth.net)-Simone's solo album   Interview with Simone(Blabbermouth.net)-Simone's  solo album I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 10:34 pm

I was just up to post it in Simone section. Wink Anyway. I was quite surprised to hear this. But I'm really excited and very curious how it will sound. I just hope it won't influence Epica's career in a bad way...
Btw, I also heard from a friend that Simone said in an interview that Epica will be in the studio at the end of 2010. Seems like we might expect another album after two years again. And then she'll most probably set up for her solo work for good.

And did I hear wrong or she said she's 24? Razz
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Simone(Blabbermouth.net)-Simone's solo album   Interview with Simone(Blabbermouth.net)-Simone's  solo album I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 10:46 pm

To be honest I couldn't understand everything from the interview the sound was quite odd and my english skills aren't good enough so I could only understand bits of the interview Razz .
End of 2010?That's pretty close! Smile I really hope so.And about Sim's age,she did a mistake she isn't used to 25 because her birthday was very recently,me thinks Wink
Back to top Go down
magnoly
Replica
Replica
magnoly

Female Taurus Snake
Favorite Epica song :
Consign to Oblivion
Unleashed
The Obsessive Devotion

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Simone(Blabbermouth.net)-Simone's solo album   Interview with Simone(Blabbermouth.net)-Simone's  solo album I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 10:48 pm

I didn't understand all of it as well, so don't worry.
Yeah she's probably not used to it. Razz

Oh it still feels a bit odd to me, a solo album.. Laughing
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Simone(Blabbermouth.net)-Simone's solo album   Interview with Simone(Blabbermouth.net)-Simone's  solo album I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 10:51 pm

I will have to relisten to it to catch up every detail Wink .And I also dicovered something new through it,she writes 5-10% of music,that's really good for her Very Happy .Did I heared right that this solo album will also include Oliver and his keyboards?
Back to top Go down
magnoly
Replica
Replica
magnoly

Female Taurus Snake
Favorite Epica song :
Consign to Oblivion
Unleashed
The Obsessive Devotion

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Simone(Blabbermouth.net)-Simone's solo album   Interview with Simone(Blabbermouth.net)-Simone's  solo album I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 10:59 pm

Yes, 5-10% or maybe it was 10-15? Don't remember, but definately not more than this. She comes up with some melodies and vocal lines.
Oliver might help her with composing and arranging with the solo album, but who know maybe he will play the keyboards himself as well. Smile
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Simone(Blabbermouth.net)-Simone's solo album   Interview with Simone(Blabbermouth.net)-Simone's  solo album I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 11:04 pm

Yes I'm not sure of these nu mbers eighter,but she talented indeed if she writes lyrics,vocal lines,she sings and also writes melody lines Smile.She also plays flute and a bit of piano,I already know that,except for the piano,that's great Smile

I am just more curious aboyt the genre of this album.Why does jazz come in my mind? Interview with Simone(Blabbermouth.net)-Simone's  solo album Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
magnoly
Replica
Replica
magnoly

Female Taurus Snake
Favorite Epica song :
Consign to Oblivion
Unleashed
The Obsessive Devotion

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Simone(Blabbermouth.net)-Simone's solo album   Interview with Simone(Blabbermouth.net)-Simone's  solo album I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2010 11:31 pm

She said she likes pop, rock and metal. Not r'n'b, hip hop and trance. Like me generally. Very Happy The interviewer mentioned jazz and she agreed,she likes it too and she already did some jazz side music. She had jazz singing lessons too, right?
Back to top Go down
Ene
Facade Of Reality
Facade Of Reality
Ene

Male Sagittarius Rooster
Favorite Epica song : All of them!

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Simone(Blabbermouth.net)-Simone's solo album   Interview with Simone(Blabbermouth.net)-Simone's  solo album I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 12:44 am

I think the interview was done before she was 25, that's why she said 24.
I'm totally looking forward to it, i hope it's as different from Epica as it can be because i want to hear her singing different kind of music Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/eneuniverse
Manala
Sancta Terra
Sancta Terra
Manala

Female Cancer Dog
Favorite Epica song : Tides Of Time, Kingdom Of Heaven, Quietus, White Water, Blank Infinity, Feint

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Simone(Blabbermouth.net)-Simone's solo album   Interview with Simone(Blabbermouth.net)-Simone's  solo album I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 2:54 am

Am I the only one who thinks this is a bad idea?
Back to top Go down
http://www.musesofmetal.com
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Simone(Blabbermouth.net)-Simone's solo album   Interview with Simone(Blabbermouth.net)-Simone's  solo album I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 3:40 pm

Why?I'm just curious Interview with Simone(Blabbermouth.net)-Simone's  solo album Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
Manala
Sancta Terra
Sancta Terra
Manala

Female Cancer Dog
Favorite Epica song : Tides Of Time, Kingdom Of Heaven, Quietus, White Water, Blank Infinity, Feint

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Simone(Blabbermouth.net)-Simone's solo album   Interview with Simone(Blabbermouth.net)-Simone's  solo album I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2010 7:11 pm

Simone's talent is hugely shown in Epica - so is there really anymore need for solo album? Is the solo album just so the record company can leech some more money from her talents?! Will she go solo after this?

To me this seems like it'll be something simple and boring to let her show off and them rake in more cash.
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Simone(Blabbermouth.net)-Simone's solo album   Interview with Simone(Blabbermouth.net)-Simone's  solo album I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 12:57 am

I understand and respect your opinion Smile .And I agree that her talent is hugely shown in Epica,but on the other hand I am happy I can hear a different kind of music with Simone,but that's just me . Wink
Back to top Go down
magnoly
Replica
Replica
magnoly

Female Taurus Snake
Favorite Epica song :
Consign to Oblivion
Unleashed
The Obsessive Devotion

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Simone(Blabbermouth.net)-Simone's solo album   Interview with Simone(Blabbermouth.net)-Simone's  solo album I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 1:33 am

@Eetu I guess the interview was just on 28th, so after her birthday.

And Tay I actually see your point, and I think you might be right. Still I will listen to her solo work with pleasure. I'm still in shock though. Razz
Back to top Go down
Ene
Facade Of Reality
Facade Of Reality
Ene

Male Sagittarius Rooster
Favorite Epica song : All of them!

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Simone(Blabbermouth.net)-Simone's solo album   Interview with Simone(Blabbermouth.net)-Simone's  solo album I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 01, 2010 11:50 pm

Mark is having a project outside Epica so why wouldnt Simone have?
It has nothing to do with collecting money, she is going to have free time as all the other members have outside projects of Epica too so why wouldnt to use it like this?
And like she said, she and Oliver have ideas outside of Epica and SoS and they can use it this way.
I'm loving the idea Simone singing different kind of music, but as she said it isn't going to be released now, after the next studio album.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/eneuniverse
Manala
Sancta Terra
Sancta Terra
Manala

Female Cancer Dog

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Simone(Blabbermouth.net)-Simone's solo album   Interview with Simone(Blabbermouth.net)-Simone's  solo album I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 02, 2010 4:20 am

IU wasn't saying I was against it. I just don't like the idea, mainly because it might turn out like so many other femme metal singers solo projects - pop rock trash or an over inflated attempt at still being metal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interview with Simone(Blabbermouth.net)-Simone's solo album   Interview with Simone(Blabbermouth.net)-Simone's  solo album I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Interview with Simone(Blabbermouth.net)-Simone's solo album
Page 1 of 1