Martyrs of the Free Word
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are under construction, but you are free to join us on the wait for 2012, the year of Epica!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Storm The Sorrow (Video)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ene
Facade Of Reality
Facade Of Reality
Ene

Male Sagittarius Rooster
Favorite Epica song : All of them!

Storm The Sorrow (Video) Empty
PostSubject: Storm The Sorrow (Video)   Storm The Sorrow (Video) I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 6:26 am

So i bet we're all excited for the new videoclip!

Apparently Simone is doing quite the physical performance on the video.

Comments about the video:

Ingeborg Steenhorst (designer of Epica's new stage outfits and outfits for the video)
"I can tell you that my work is nothing compared to what Simone had to do. You are in for an amazing clip!"
"Simone her outfits have become Avant-garde cool! I'm really proud of it :-)"

Simone
"Almost home again. Every muscle hurts, but it was worth it. It was very physical. The video will be killer! Now it's up to the boys!"
"Second day of the video shoot. Today will get really messy."
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/eneuniverse
Frank
Quietus
Quietus

Male Posts : 1

PostSubject: Re: Storm The Sorrow (Video)   Storm The Sorrow (Video) I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 4:15 pm

really cant wait to see it!!
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Favorite Epica song : Kingdom of Heaven
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Storm The Sorrow (Video)   Storm The Sorrow (Video) I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 8:39 pm

Bummer!I thought it has just been realeased! Pouty Tongue
Anyway,still excited!
Back to top Go down
Ene
Facade Of Reality
Facade Of Reality
Ene

Male Sagittarius Rooster
Favorite Epica song : All of them!

PostSubject: Re: Storm The Sorrow (Video)   Storm The Sorrow (Video) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 2:07 am

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/eneuniverse
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Storm The Sorrow (Video)   Storm The Sorrow (Video) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2012 8:21 pm

Nice!I think we can expect something very graphic,like CGI.
Back to top Go down
Manala
Sancta Terra
Sancta Terra
Manala

Female Cancer Dog
Favorite Epica song : Tides Of Time, Kingdom Of Heaven, Quietus, White Water, Blank Infinity, Feint

PostSubject: Re: Storm The Sorrow (Video)   Storm The Sorrow (Video) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 12:19 am

HERE IT IS!

Thoughts?

I personally love the visual effects. I also adore the wolf and crow shots.
However,I dislike how the video is mostly Simone,I think that it should really reflect the band as a whole not just one or two members in my opinion.

ALSO,I'm trending spotting. There's not three ffm band's videos the year that have a contrasting light vs. dark theme: this one, LC's Trip The Darkness, and Pythia's The Circle.
Back to top Go down
http://www.musesofmetal.com
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Storm The Sorrow (Video)   Storm The Sorrow (Video) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 3:13 am

I love it!

Yes the visual effects are brilliant,I was expecting not to like them(I usually don't like computer generated stuff) but it came out really beautiful,actually conveying the meaning of the song.While I do agree that Simone is overused as the icon image of Epica but who cares at all as she is just gorgeous.I absolutely love her make up and outfits(that black dress makes her so cute!).And while the guys as more subtile in the video it makes it actually quite interesting as they are somehow representation of feelings(like pain and anger).Mark on the throne made me laugh quite a bit, though Razz.The images of the eagle/falcon and the wolf are beautiful as well,also quite symbolic(strength,loneliness and maybe freedom?).And of course the overall concept of Simone trying to break through the sticky mud ( XD ) is like freeing herself from despair which is pretty much the way I interpret the song.

Overall it is nice that Epica have decided to make a more conceptual videoclip,not necessarily following a storyline like Unleashed and Never Enough did,and actually put the song's lyrics in highlight.Also,from my point of view it looks a lot more proffesional than their previous ones and to be honest I've never seen such a kind of video of any other band(well I'm not too keen on videos in general XD ) ,so I applaud them for originality! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Storm The Sorrow (Video)   Storm The Sorrow (Video) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Storm The Sorrow (Video)
Page 1 of 1