Martyrs of the Free Word
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are under construction, but you are free to join us on the wait for 2012, the year of Epica!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Chasing The Dragon

Go down 
+3
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
magnoly
Ene
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Ene
Facade Of Reality
Facade Of Reality
Ene

Male Sagittarius Rooster
Favorite Epica song : All of them!

Chasing The Dragon Empty
PostSubject: Chasing The Dragon   Chasing The Dragon I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 5:35 pm

Opinions on this fine track? Smile

It's one of my all time favourite songs, the fact how much the song grows in amazing.
I like all the parts of it, the guitar ballad beginning, the middle-tempo heavy part, and the black metal'ish ending, it's all good!
Simone sounds absolutely amazing on this one, she just has flawless amount of emotion and power.
This was one of the highlights last summer on Tuska Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/eneuniverse
magnoly
Replica
Replica
magnoly

Female Taurus Snake
Favorite Epica song :
Consign to Oblivion
Unleashed
The Obsessive Devotion

Chasing The Dragon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chasing The Dragon   Chasing The Dragon I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 2:33 am

My second all time fav Epica song. And truly it's one of the best songs ever created. A masterpiece! It's incredible how they combined a ballad and such agressive metal into one song! Simone is at her best, the song is full of emotions. It really grabs me from the very first to the very last second every time I listen to it. Even more cause of the personal meaning of lyrics.
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Favorite Epica song : Kingdom of Heaven
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

Chasing The Dragon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chasing The Dragon   Chasing The Dragon I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 3:02 am

Aww,Chasing The Dragon...that song means a lot for me,as it was one of my first Epica songs,and it's actually my currently favorite by them.The lyrics are so beautiful,they are always claming myself down when i'm stressed,this song has a very complex structure,similar to Run For A fall's:acoustic beginning,and heavy mid tempo ending,but i think CTD is more special for the black metal part Smile
This song is actually one of the best songs I had ever heared a pure masterpiece,proof that Mark is a genius Very Happy
Back to top Go down
amalia1985
Quietus
Quietus
amalia1985

Female Cancer Buffalo

Chasing The Dragon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chasing The Dragon   Chasing The Dragon I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2009 4:28 am

I couldn't agree more!!! The lyrics bring many memories to me, and Simone sounds like an angel to say the least. It's hard to choose, but if I HAD, I'd choose CTD as my favourite song.
Back to top Go down
lilithday
Quietus
Quietus
lilithday

Female Leo Goat

Chasing The Dragon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chasing The Dragon   Chasing The Dragon I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 11:48 am

The song I've listened most from Epica. A song for my life! I love you
I just have no words. Ene just said everything...
São Paulo just gone crazy with CTD, in 2008! I was there... ohboy - then I realized WHY, Epica mean such a lot to me!

cheers
Back to top Go down
TidesOfTime
Quietus
Quietus
TidesOfTime

Female Scorpio Pig
Favorite Epica song : Tides Of Time, Solitary Ground, Our Destiny, This Is The Time.

Chasing The Dragon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chasing The Dragon   Chasing The Dragon I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 4:40 am

This song is one of Epica's best, in my opinion. I just love it <3
Back to top Go down

Chasing The Dragon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chasing The Dragon   Chasing The Dragon I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 20, 2010 4:35 pm

This is a real masterpiece. A definite highlight of TDC.
Back to top Go down
Sancta_Terra
Fool Of Damnation
Fool Of Damnation
Sancta_Terra

Female Scorpio Rooster
Favorite Epica song : Mother of Light

Chasing The Dragon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chasing The Dragon   Chasing The Dragon I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 21, 2010 1:37 am

Humanistic song, it is. I love how it describes the effects & consequences of the drugs on people. That proves that Epica are human people too...

And I love how it starts, so slow first and thenn it's a BLAST Very Happy
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Favorite Epica song : Kingdom of Heaven
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

Chasing The Dragon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chasing The Dragon   Chasing The Dragon I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 22, 2010 12:34 am

I regained my love for this song again.I mean I never disliked it but I've been praising CtO and KoH for a whole year,so it's time for a change Smile And I agree with Mary,it's a very humanistic song,but aren't almost all Epica songs that way? Chasing The Dragon 462614

Wat I really enjoy the most at this song is that it's so soft and beautiful,without getting excesively heavy,METHUL and all that kind of stuff.It's just so sincere,and very well-writen.Simone's vocals bring me tears every time I'm listening to it. I love you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Chasing The Dragon Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chasing The Dragon   Chasing The Dragon I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Chasing The Dragon
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Martyrs of the Free Word :: Epica :: Music :: Songs-
Jump to: