Martyrs of the Free Word
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are under construction, but you are free to join us on the wait for 2012, the year of Epica!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Favorite album?

Go down 
+9
Marit
Dragana
lilithday
amalia1985
magnoly
EpicaHolic
Ene
TheAsylum
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
13 posters

Which is your favorite album?
The Phantom Agony(2003)
Favorite album? I_vote_lcap11%Favorite album? I_vote_rcap
 11% [ 2 ]
Consign To Oblivion(2005)
Favorite album? I_vote_lcap6%Favorite album? I_vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
The Score-An Epic Journey(2005)
Favorite album? I_vote_lcap0%Favorite album? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
The Divine Conspiracy(2007)
Favorite album? I_vote_lcap39%Favorite album? I_vote_rcap
 39% [ 7 ]
Design Your Universe(2009)
Favorite album? I_vote_lcap44%Favorite album? I_vote_rcap
 44% [ 8 ]
Requiem For The Indifferent (2012)
Favorite album? I_vote_lcap0%Favorite album? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 18

AuthorMessage
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Favorite Epica song : Kingdom of Heaven
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

Favorite album? Empty
PostSubject: Favorite album?   Favorite album? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 6:30 pm

So which is your favorite Epica relase and why? Favorite album? Icon_smile (I haven't put Design Your Universe since it hasn't been relased yet)
-----------------------------------------------------------
My personal favorite is The Phantom Agony,mostly because it has the most of my favorite songs,the best lyrics(although I really love the ones from The Divine Conspiracy aswell),and it has that "epic" feeling.The orchestration is very complex and it blends perfectly with the heavy guitars and bass.Simone isn;t at her best,true but I won't really see her singing in her "sweet" voice in such an album with a dramatic atmosphere.

Secondly I would totally choose The Divine Conspiracy I love the whole concept of it,and I like it how they made it heavier than the previous relases.

The 3rd place for me it's a tie between The Score and Consign To Oblivion.Musically The Score is so beautiful,I really love the orchestral arrangements on it.But the lack of the vocals,guitars,drums,and bass,makes it less epic in some way.I mean i love classical music,but Epica is a metal band,and The Score seems just a classical music album,but I still love it to death Favorite album? Icon_smile .Consign To Oblivion,is probably the one which has the most orchestration and choir.Simone's voice is better jhan in The Phantom Agony,way more versatility.I kind of missed Mark's grunts here,but on the other hand,Consign To Oblivion(the final track) the main vocals are his grunts,which tends to be a bit diffrent than the whole CTO atmosphere Favorite album? Icon_smile

Overall I love all the albums of course,but I think DYU will take the first place soon Favorite album? Icon_lol

Last edited by XxfrozenbutterflyxX on Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TheAsylum
Blank Infinity
Blank Infinity
TheAsylum

Female Capricorn Pig
Favorite Epica song : Burn to a Cinder

Favorite album? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite album?   Favorite album? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 6:36 pm

The Divine Conspiracy for me every track is beautiful I love it for second it would be The Phantom Agony that one is certainly beautiful Simone is so young there since she was only 21 WOW 3rd place Consign To Oblivion wowcheese thats an epic album all rock though I can't wait for Design Your Universe
Back to top Go down
Ene
Facade Of Reality
Facade Of Reality
Ene

Male Sagittarius Rooster
Favorite Epica song : All of them!

Favorite album? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite album?   Favorite album? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 6:45 pm

Liz Simone was 17 when they recorded TPA not 21 Wink

My favourite is TDC, DYU soon to be haha
I cant stand CTO because of the lack of metal, the guitar sound is too polished!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/eneuniverse
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

Favorite album? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite album?   Favorite album? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 7:27 pm

Ene wrote:
Liz Simone was 17 when they recorded TPA not 21 Wink

My favourite is TDC, DYU soon to be haha
I cant stand CTO because of the lack of metal, the guitar sound is too polished!

I thought she was 18 Laughing

and yes i CTO the guitar sound is too polished and the choir is totally overpowering the songs...
Back to top Go down
TheAsylum
Blank Infinity
Blank Infinity
TheAsylum

Female Capricorn Pig

Favorite album? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite album?   Favorite album? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 8:17 pm

I think she was 17 18 that was my fault my head doesn't work sometimes
Back to top Go down
EpicaHolic
Quietus
Quietus
EpicaHolic

Female Libra Rooster

Favorite album? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite album?   Favorite album? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 12:23 am

I think TDC is absolutly perfect... Also love the atmosphere in TPA but Simone and also Mark are not in their bests... In that album Simone sounds more powerfull, the melody awesome and the choirs are absolutly epic Smile... Mark is also very good!
Back to top Go down
magnoly
Replica
Replica
magnoly

Female Taurus Snake
Favorite Epica song :
Consign to Oblivion
Unleashed
The Obsessive Devotion

Favorite album? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite album?   Favorite album? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 10:51 pm

Definately TDC! Though like Eetu said, it's going to be DYU soon, I know it! Razz
But TDC is just perfect. I love the fact they became more heavier, more metalish. Wink And, with more grunts. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
amalia1985
Quietus
Quietus
amalia1985

Female Cancer Buffalo

Favorite album? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite album?   Favorite album? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 3:54 am

I adore all four of them, but TDC comes closer as my favourite EPICA album, I suppose.
Back to top Go down
lilithday
Quietus
Quietus
lilithday

Female Leo Goat

Favorite album? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite album?   Favorite album? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 12:11 pm

The Divine Conspiracy I love you

cuz Epica reached the top!
It was a cd without exaggeration also nothing missing - all perfect xD
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

Favorite album? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite album?   Favorite album? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 4:55 pm

I feel a bit lonely with my TPA Rolling Eyes Does that album bite? Laughing
Back to top Go down
TheAsylum
Blank Infinity
Blank Infinity
TheAsylum

Female Capricorn Pig

Favorite album? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite album?   Favorite album? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 5:00 pm

TPA is my second favorite album so don't feel lonely Smile
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

Favorite album? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite album?   Favorite album? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 5:04 pm

I know,but I need some TPA lovers here Razz

Well we don't have much to wait,until we all will change our opinion,as DYU will be their best album Razz
Back to top Go down
TheAsylum
Blank Infinity
Blank Infinity
TheAsylum

Female Capricorn Pig

Favorite album? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite album?   Favorite album? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 5:05 pm

Indeed so we will all be on the same page Smile
Back to top Go down
Dragana
Quietus
Quietus
Dragana

Female Taurus Pig

Favorite album? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite album?   Favorite album? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 4:04 pm

Design Your Universe Razz
Cris,you've got one TPA lover right here Very Happy
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

Favorite album? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite album?   Favorite album? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 8:22 pm

^Yay!! Favorite album? Icon_biggrin

Ok so I finally added DYU on the list Favorite album? Icon_smile

To be honest I think DYU is their best album so far.I can't say they chaged much as or me it sounds like a mix between the previous three albums(i mean in elemnts such as TPA-ish atmosphere,CTO-ish choir and TSC-ish guitar sound)but more,powerful,bombastic,epic..and the fresh guiar solos Favorite album? Herz (cherry on the top Favorite album? Icon_razz ) and Simone's vocals have improoved a lot

But still I can't leave my love for TPA at all.In atmospheric terms it still remains my favorite,I cannot explain but I love everything about it.I'm not a huge fan of Sim's vocals or Mark's grunting there,but still I cannot imagine it in any other way.

But I shall shut up because I voted for DYU anyway Favorite album? Icon_razz

But I still love both equally<3
Back to top Go down
magnoly
Replica
Replica
magnoly

Female Taurus Snake
Favorite Epica song :
Consign to Oblivion
Unleashed
The Obsessive Devotion

Favorite album? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite album?   Favorite album? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 3:00 am

Each album is unique, and I love them all. But DYU has to be my new fav! New fresh energetic sound with lots of improvement, and still you hear it's Epica. I also love the lyrics. DYU is already helping me a lot and it might become my ALL TIME fav album!! So I'm gonna change my vote right now. Wink
Back to top Go down
Dragana
Quietus
Quietus
Dragana

Female Taurus Pig

Favorite album? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite album?   Favorite album? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 5:52 pm

it already became my all time fav one xD
So i'm voting for it,nothing new Razz
Back to top Go down
Marit
Quietus
Quietus
Marit

Female Sagittarius Rooster

Favorite album? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite album?   Favorite album? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 2:15 pm

Design Your Universe!!!
Back to top Go down
xut0piax
Quietus
Quietus
xut0piax

Male Leo Goat

Favorite album? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite album?   Favorite album? I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 9:22 am

I voted design your universe!

but my other favourite! is the Divine Conspiracy i like some of the songs off the old albums
but the two im inlove with i basically love alll the songs! Smile
Back to top Go down
ayreonaut
Quietus
Quietus
ayreonaut

Male Libra Rooster
Favorite Epica song : Consign to Oblivion

Favorite album? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite album?   Favorite album? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 13, 2010 7:09 pm

It is hard to decide but my favorite is DYU. They have improved their music through years and DYU is the proof. It is by far their richest album with progressive elements, guitar solos, Mark's improved grunts, Simone's amazing voice etc. TPA is my favorite after DYU.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lastfm.com.tr/user/ParisianBoy
aisza
Quietus
Quietus
aisza

Female Posts : 46

Favorite album? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite album?   Favorite album? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 7:14 pm

Hmmm, it's really hard to choose their best album, because I like each of them most. But I think that I will vote for The Phantom Agony or Dresign Your Universe, but I need a bit more time to think about it.

Well, TPA is amazing. I love not only the music but alo lyrics. One of them, titled Facade of Reality, says „People created religious inventions to give their lives a glimmer of hope and to ease their fear of dying” and although that I believe in God and that I'm just sure that when I die, I'll go to heaven or hell, I completely agree with that. See, most of us are afraid of death. Mostly, because of that we don't know what happens with us after our death. Moreover we just can't understand how can we finish one life and come in completely different existance, we just can't imagine that. So because of our fear and restriction we create many religions based mostly on existance after existance. When we believed in God who gaves us eternal life we „give our lives a glimmer of hope and ease our fear of dying”. We also should remember that it lie in our nature, to looking for God. Ok, back on topic. TPA is the first album of Epica that I've ever heard and Cry for the Moons song is also the ver first song. I love every sound frm this album and I even can't pointmy favourite song. When I say Sensorium, I think "or maybe Run for a Fall". Its really difficult.

Design you Universe is another my favourite album of them. I can't choose my favourite composition again but I can point the song which I like less this time. It's White Waters, the most boring song for me. Although I love the voices and also moving lyrics It makes me wanna sleep, unfortnately

Now, I am going to wait for their new album and I hope that it will be a such good record that I'll say that this one is my vry favourite and my problems with choose the best between TPA and DYU will be just finished.
Back to top Go down
vanessaweber
Quietus
Quietus
vanessaweber

Female Aries Pig
Favorite Epica song : Fools Of Damnation, Living A Lie, The Divine Conspiracy, Tides Of Time, Unleashed

Favorite album? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite album?   Favorite album? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 8:49 am

The Divine Conspiracy <3
It will always have a special place in my heart. There's something about it that's so....i can't find words to describe it. Something's there for me that is absent when i listen to Design Your Universe (that album's amazing too!!)
Back to top Go down
Ene
Facade Of Reality
Facade Of Reality
Ene

Male Sagittarius Rooster
Favorite Epica song : All of them!

Favorite album? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite album?   Favorite album? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 5:26 am

RFTI is now part of the poll.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/eneuniverse
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

Favorite album? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite album?   Favorite album? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 29, 2012 8:28 pm

Still DYU for me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Favorite album? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite album?   Favorite album? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite album?
Page 1 of 1