Martyrs of the Free Word
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are under construction, but you are free to join us on the wait for 2012, the year of Epica!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

DYU Review - Aux Portes Du Metal #1

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ene
Facade Of Reality
Facade Of Reality
Ene

Male Sagittarius Rooster
Favorite Epica song : All of them!

DYU Review - Aux Portes Du Metal #1 Empty
PostSubject: DYU Review - Aux Portes Du Metal #1   DYU Review - Aux Portes Du Metal #1 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 4:52 pm

6 Epica album, "Design Your Universe" will be remembered as the mature!
Does the arrival of Isaac Delahaye (ex-God Dethroned) on guitar, production entrusted to Sascha Paeth or progress of Simone Simons on song? Perhaps a little of that, the fact is that there is a world in "The Divine Conspiracy", which had disappointed their fans and this latest nugget of Batavian!
Any surprises and impresses: The rich compounds, the power of the orchestrations, the purity of sound and the quality of interpretation ... nothing more!
But let guide I prancing with impatience to make you enter this "world above designated"!
Dice "Resign your surrender," Epica Announces Color: metal pure juice, loud-mouthed (the voices are superb: Simone but not only, of course Mark and choirs do not let go of anything more ...), colossal power (a rhythmic grind ...) and majestic virtuosity (well, the guitar solos to put us in the teeth!): everything is there and has more than assert!
"Martyr of the free world" goes the second layer, it knocks but rich: Gregorian chants, growl, pests riffs, solo fast, what a treat!
It blows a little fun with the duo piano / singing "Our destiny" for better feel the monument as follows: 13 ' "Kingdom of Heaven" in which songs alternate with complex heavy riffs and subtle breaks: "Symphony" No. " is not a qualifier usurped Epica brings his touch to the genre and it's sublime ...
"Burn to a cinder" and "Tides of Time" to confirm how the presence of a guitarist was previously lacking and it is no longer nothing added to the ease of the singer, this contribution hoists combo at the top of his game!
The four tracks following the course marked not by their classicism but nothing serious after the demonstration above, while they could be forgiven ...
An orientation certainly more metal, a flawless technical control, increased sensitivity: Epica enters here in the big league!
Nightwish has only to behave themselves if you know what I mean ...

18/20
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/eneuniverse
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Favorite Epica song : Kingdom of Heaven
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

PostSubject: Re: DYU Review - Aux Portes Du Metal #1   DYU Review - Aux Portes Du Metal #1 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 8:25 pm

MOTFW will have a solo! DYU Review - Aux Portes Du Metal #1 Icon_biggrin Not my fave review but I quite like it DYU Review - Aux Portes Du Metal #1 Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
magnoly
Replica
Replica
magnoly

Female Taurus Snake
Favorite Epica song :
Consign to Oblivion
Unleashed
The Obsessive Devotion

PostSubject: Re: DYU Review - Aux Portes Du Metal #1   DYU Review - Aux Portes Du Metal #1 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 5:00 am

"the fact is that there is a world in "The Divine Conspiracy", which had disappointed their fans" Hmm... What?

But solo on MOTFW!! Should be great! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

PostSubject: Re: DYU Review - Aux Portes Du Metal #1   DYU Review - Aux Portes Du Metal #1 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 7:38 pm

TDC would never dissapoint me DYU Review - Aux Portes Du Metal #1 Icon_razz In fact it bringed the band to a higher level DYU Review - Aux Portes Du Metal #1 Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
Ene
Facade Of Reality
Facade Of Reality
Ene

Male Sagittarius Rooster
Favorite Epica song : All of them!

PostSubject: Re: DYU Review - Aux Portes Du Metal #1   DYU Review - Aux Portes Du Metal #1 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 7:41 pm

I think he didn't mean that, it is just translated wrong mi quess Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/eneuniverse
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

PostSubject: Re: DYU Review - Aux Portes Du Metal #1   DYU Review - Aux Portes Du Metal #1 I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2009 7:49 pm

I hope so.I just can't imagine someone who doesn't like TDC,well at least someone who likes Epica...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DYU Review - Aux Portes Du Metal #1   DYU Review - Aux Portes Du Metal #1 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DYU Review - Aux Portes Du Metal #1
Page 1 of 1