Martyrs of the Free Word
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are under construction, but you are free to join us on the wait for 2012, the year of Epica!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

DYU Review - Metal Gothique

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ene
Facade Of Reality
Facade Of Reality
Ene

Male Sagittarius Rooster
Favorite Epica song : All of them!

DYU Review - Metal Gothique Empty
PostSubject: DYU Review - Metal Gothique   DYU Review - Metal Gothique I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 12:37 am

So not my favourite review..

Just months after delivering a live orchestra (how original!) Dispensable, "The Classical Conspiracy 'Epica people of the new bins with its fourth offering. Despite capital sympathy never questioned and charm that the Dutchman must (necessarily) much to their statuesque singer, the flamboyant Simone Simons, was a little like that since "The Divine Conspiracy", the group struggling to renew and to transcend a signature that has nevertheless imposed among the best symphonic metal and gothic female vocals (redundant). However, recruitment in 2007 of former drummer for God Dethroned, Ariën Weesenbeek Van, was able to confer a hardness, a more brutal leg failed him.

Then "Design Your Universe" is it more of an album for Epic? Yes and no actually. No, because it starts from the most beautiful of ways with a handful of high-class compositions. After a bombastic intro to symphonic strains, tumbling the furious "Resign To Surrender" which interact with great success the way from beyond the grave by Mark Jensen and the most angelic of the redhead. With its majestic choruses and relentless rhythmic wall, everything is told in just over six minutes combining orchestral depth, power and gothic metal. "Unleashed", during which the young woman, upsetting, releasing all the emotion she is able, and "Martyr Of The Free World", show the same barrel.

Not since the inaugural "The Phantom Agony", the group had reached such a pitch of perfection, such a master of his style. Succeeding in a ballad, "Our Destiny," "Kingdom Of Heaven" is necessary, finally, the top thirteen minutes, as the bravura of the whole. It also reflects the influence of film music that fuels the inspiration of Holland and especially guitarist Mark Jensen. Grandiose, epic and full of arabesques, it allows Epica give the full measure of his talent and this fact as a form of achievement for its authors. So far, therefore, nothing to say, "Design Your Universe" is burdened with no missteps. We said then that the miracle is going to last ...

Alas, the result turns out not to be totally up to the first part which is almost enough in itself. Thus, the songs that follow seem less salient ( "Burn To A Cinder, the cooing" Tides Of Time "...) and along the final part consists of the same name does not much we did not already know . Even joining the duo on "White Waters", the singer Simone Sonata Arctica, Tony Kakko, somewhat disappointed by his sentimentality. Only "Deconstruct" and "Semblance Of Liberty", two songs in heavy terrain and numerous symphonic flat areas, saving the second half of purring if not commonplace.

Too bad the group had not remembered that the ideal length of a disk remains that the two sides of vinyl. It would have been well advised to jettison some tracks. 73 minutes is too long. Of course, his fans certainly contradict that assertion. The fact remains that "Design Your Universe", would, with some scissors well placed, spent an intensity, a sense of completion which, in the state, he misses. Still, it is probably there best album since its trial run, an entity that continues to float high above the fray of metal female voice.

7½/10
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/eneuniverse
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Favorite Epica song : Kingdom of Heaven
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

PostSubject: Re: DYU Review - Metal Gothique   DYU Review - Metal Gothique I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 3:06 am

Not my favorite review eighter...
Back to top Go down
magnoly
Replica
Replica
magnoly

Female Taurus Snake
Favorite Epica song :
Consign to Oblivion
Unleashed
The Obsessive Devotion

PostSubject: Re: DYU Review - Metal Gothique   DYU Review - Metal Gothique I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 11:41 pm

73 minutes is too long What?? I so do not agree. The more the better with Epica. When I listen to the album I do not feel like it's 73 minutes, the music is so good that it passes really fast to me!
And, again, misspelled Mark's surname. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

PostSubject: Re: DYU Review - Metal Gothique   DYU Review - Metal Gothique I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 11:55 pm

Is it really that hard to spell it right? DYU Review - Metal Gothique Icon_rolleyes it's J-A-N-S-E-N! DYU Review - Metal Gothique Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
Bram
Quietus
Quietus
Bram

Male Leo Goat
Favorite Epica song : Cry for The Moon

PostSubject: Re: DYU Review - Metal Gothique   DYU Review - Metal Gothique I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 8:22 am

To make it even more diifucult for you my friend and member of my upcoming band is named Mark Janssen with double S! beat that. Wink

But I agree I find it kinda too long, everytime it is at number 10-11 I am like 'STILL 4 songs to go' Oh well maybe that's because I haven't heard hiphop albums for a long time now. [ 20 tracks ] So probably I am used to short albums now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.reverbnation.com/shalott
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

PostSubject: Re: DYU Review - Metal Gothique   DYU Review - Metal Gothique I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 4:17 pm

You have such a lucky friend DYU Review - Metal Gothique Icon_razz

Honestly I don't find the album really long,it's still 1 minute shorter than TDC.It really flies quickly for me DYU Review - Metal Gothique Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
Ene
Facade Of Reality
Facade Of Reality
Ene

Male Sagittarius Rooster
Favorite Epica song : All of them!

PostSubject: Re: DYU Review - Metal Gothique   DYU Review - Metal Gothique I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 4:20 pm

The special edition is 79min's lol.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/eneuniverse
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

PostSubject: Re: DYU Review - Metal Gothique   DYU Review - Metal Gothique I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2009 4:25 pm

^With Incentive,of course DYU Review - Metal Gothique Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DYU Review - Metal Gothique   DYU Review - Metal Gothique I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DYU Review - Metal Gothique
Page 1 of 1