Martyrs of the Free Word
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are under construction, but you are free to join us on the wait for 2012, the year of Epica!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

All the female singers Mark has worked with

Go down 
+6
Pale Secrecy
magnoly
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
EpicaHolic
TheAsylum
Ene
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Ene
Facade Of Reality
Facade Of Reality
Ene

Male Sagittarius Rooster
Favorite Epica song : All of them!

All the female singers Mark has worked with Empty
PostSubject: All the female singers Mark has worked with   All the female singers Mark has worked with I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 1:58 am

This is from very old interview, back in 2003 Smile

I started working with Floor Jansen. she's a very good singer and she developed herself into a high quality singer. On the album Prison of Desire by After Forever I also worked with Sharon den Adel (Within Temptation) for one song. She has a smoother voice than Floor has. More warm, also a very good singer who sings with passion. After this I worked with Helena Michaelsen, probably one of the best singers but not easy to work with.

Now I work with Simone Simons, I adored her voice from the first moment I heard her sing. She has a great colour in her voice. You can't work on it, you have it or not. She's the singer I prefer working with. She's still very young and willing to learn. She keeps on developing herself very quickly and we have to be careful that she stays in Epica because also musicals are always looking for singers like her!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/eneuniverse
TheAsylum
Blank Infinity
Blank Infinity
TheAsylum

Female Capricorn Pig
Favorite Epica song : Burn to a Cinder

PostSubject: Re: All the female singers Mark has worked with   All the female singers Mark has worked with I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 1:59 am

wowcheese thats cool!!!!
Back to top Go down
Ene
Facade Of Reality
Facade Of Reality
Ene

Male Sagittarius Rooster
Favorite Epica song : All of them!

PostSubject: Re: All the female singers Mark has worked with   All the female singers Mark has worked with I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 2:03 am

I know, i finded this very interesting and fun thing to read Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/eneuniverse
TheAsylum
Blank Infinity
Blank Infinity
TheAsylum

Female Capricorn Pig
Favorite Epica song : Burn to a Cinder

PostSubject: Re: All the female singers Mark has worked with   All the female singers Mark has worked with I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 2:03 am

Me too Razz
Back to top Go down
EpicaHolic
Quietus
Quietus
EpicaHolic

Female Libra Rooster

PostSubject: Re: All the female singers Mark has worked with   All the female singers Mark has worked with I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 2:33 am

Simone is the best! Smile Also love Floor! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Favorite Epica song : Kingdom of Heaven
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

PostSubject: Re: All the female singers Mark has worked with   All the female singers Mark has worked with I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 7:16 pm

"I also worked with Sharon den Adel (Within Temptation) for one song. She has a smoother voice than Floor has. More warm, also a very good singer who sings with passion.

D'aww.My favorite composer ever talking about my favorite singer ever Razz

But that's an intersting interview.and of course Floor and Simone are fantastic aswell,all of them in my top 10 fave singers of all the time Wink
Back to top Go down
magnoly
Replica
Replica
magnoly

Female Taurus Snake
Favorite Epica song :
Consign to Oblivion
Unleashed
The Obsessive Devotion

PostSubject: Re: All the female singers Mark has worked with   All the female singers Mark has worked with I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 3:22 am

That was an interesting thing to read. Smile I'm glad he speaks good about Sharon. Very Happy
But of course, Simone is THE singer for Mark. Smile
Back to top Go down
Pale Secrecy
Quietus
Quietus
Pale Secrecy

Female Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: All the female singers Mark has worked with   All the female singers Mark has worked with I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 5:38 am

I love all the aforementioned vocalists!

Simone, of course, has a very lush and impassioned voice that reminds me of champagne, for some odd reason. Smile

Sharon, I love because her voice is high and distinctive, like crystal. And I just adore early WT.

Floor is the most powerful, dynamic singer I have ever heard. Still, I prefer the slightly less impeccable vocals. I like Simone and Sharon better because of the feeling in their voices.

I have only heard Helena in Imperia. I need to listen to more clips.

Jenna (Pale Secrecy)
Back to top Go down
Dragana
Quietus
Quietus
Dragana

Female Taurus Pig

PostSubject: Re: All the female singers Mark has worked with   All the female singers Mark has worked with I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 20, 2009 4:40 pm

I love the things he said about Simone Very Happy
Back to top Go down
menaceOFvanity
Quietus
Quietus

Male Virgo Dragon
Favorite Epica song :
Design your universe
Facade of reality
Run for a fall
Kingdom of Heaven
Fools of damnation

PostSubject: Re: All the female singers Mark has worked with   All the female singers Mark has worked with I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 12:36 am

Simone and Floor <3 I respect a lot them both. Sharon obviously is very nice, too.
Back to top Go down
Dragana
Quietus
Quietus
Dragana

Female Taurus Pig

PostSubject: Re: All the female singers Mark has worked with   All the female singers Mark has worked with I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 9:12 pm

Well Floor is one of the best vocalists in metal,her vocal tehnique is great and she's got a very wide range (something like 4 octaves,i think)....but what i actualy don't like is when that's the only thing people notice.I don't know how many times have i heard people talking bad about Sharon only because she's not that operatic like Floor or Tarja,and because she didn't study solo singing,or whatever.
I don't personaly care about tehnique,range or anything.I just want to feel the emotion through singer's voice,she (or he) must bring the song on the right way.And that's all.And that's what everyone should do.Does it really matter did the singer take classical singing lessons?Nope Razz
So,i prefer Sharon to Floor in every moment.
And i also prefer Simone to Sharon Razz
(sorry Shaz fanatic xD i love her too,totaly,don't missunderstand me xD)
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

PostSubject: Re: All the female singers Mark has worked with   All the female singers Mark has worked with I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 10:16 pm

I kinda agree with you.I've seen many people commenting on youtube of how bad is the technique of a respective singer and comparing her with Floor,Vibeke etc.
Honestly,when I look at a singer I don't judge only by how many octaves does she have,or how many years of training,or how high can she gow,and other bullshit.Of course I won't look at a singer with a poor voice control or whatever but I firstly look after how does the respective's singer's voice touches my heart,in an emotional way.

Well in this case Sharon,Simone and Floor(kinda in that order) are my favorite singers of all the time so I won't complain.I just wanted to make an opinion which is kinda off-topic for this thread All the female singers Mark has worked with Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
menaceOFvanity
Quietus
Quietus

Male Virgo Dragon
Favorite Epica song :
Design your universe
Facade of reality
Run for a fall
Kingdom of Heaven
Fools of damnation

PostSubject: Re: All the female singers Mark has worked with   All the female singers Mark has worked with I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 10:38 pm

I'd say the same about Floor. Her voice is phenomenaly wide and strong. Gotta say, that years back when I saw Sharon's (WT) live gigs on youtube, I thought she sounds horrible because her voice isn't that strong and she was very unbalanced with it. Anyway the reason was (which I noticed afterwards), that the stage they played in was freaking huge and it was mixed badly. By that I mean that she needed a lot more power as she usually did and it broke her voice. I saw her singing 2008 summer live and she definitely made 0 mistakes during the gig, respect!
Back to top Go down
Dragana
Quietus
Quietus
Dragana

Female Taurus Pig

PostSubject: Re: All the female singers Mark has worked with   All the female singers Mark has worked with I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 11:28 pm

well,ya see? Laughing

Glad there's someone who shares my opinion. xD
Back to top Go down
TidesOfTime
Quietus
Quietus
TidesOfTime

Female Scorpio Pig
Favorite Epica song : Tides Of Time, Solitary Ground, Our Destiny, This Is The Time.

PostSubject: Re: All the female singers Mark has worked with   All the female singers Mark has worked with I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 8:46 am

Sharon sings quite good live, from not only YouTube I've heard but also from fans! She can't be perfect everytime (even if she has one of the best voices of all time), but she's amazing!!! <3 <3
Back to top Go down
FacadeOfSimone
Quietus
Quietus
FacadeOfSimone

Female Cancer Dog
Favorite Epica song : Façade of Reality
The Phantom Agony
Design Your Universe

PostSubject: Re: All the female singers Mark has worked with   All the female singers Mark has worked with I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 5:30 pm

I smiled when I read what Mark says about Simone. It's kinda cute. Although Simone is the singer of my favourite band, I prefer Floor's voice over all the voices in the whole wide world. Smile
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

PostSubject: Re: All the female singers Mark has worked with   All the female singers Mark has worked with I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 9:55 pm

^I agree .Floor's voice is absolutely mindblowing.It's very powerful and versatile Smile
Although it's hard to make a top of my fave female singers I think that Sharon den Adel,Anneke van Giensbergen and she are by far the closest to my heart.Simone comes pretty close thought Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All the female singers Mark has worked with   All the female singers Mark has worked with I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

All the female singers Mark has worked with
Page 1 of 1