Martyrs of the Free Word
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are under construction, but you are free to join us on the wait for 2012, the year of Epica!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mark's own review about DYU

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Ene
Facade Of Reality
Facade Of Reality
Ene

Male Sagittarius Rooster
Favorite Epica song : All of them!

Mark's own review about DYU Empty
PostSubject: Mark's own review about DYU   Mark's own review about DYU I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 4:04 pm

On 16 October is the extent and the Dutch publishing Symponic-metallers EPICA with "Design Your Universe" is already the sixth studio album of her career. Mark Jansen, guitarist, singer, songwriter and mastermind of EPICA has left exclusively to each title of the new disc a few words. Further read her a listening session, which is really not? Mark, let's go ...

Samadhi
"Samadhi" is my favorite intro from the entire EPICA time. It sounds energetic and opens the gates for the opening song. "Samadhi" is actually a period of meditation in which one has no more thoughts with you and thinks of nothing.

Resign To Surrender
I wrote this song with my friend Jack Driessen (ex-AFTER FOREVER). It was after all these years really great to work with him. It was also the first step toward our shared side-project.

Unleashed
Sascha Paeth (Ed note: Producer), the first song is not at all pleased. I have taken with him back home and wrote a new chorus. I also replaced a few parts and now he is the favorite book for most of the band.

Martyr Of The Free Word
The intro of the title was written by Arien van Weesenbeek. In the texts is primarily about the freedom of speech and of the word.

Our Destiny
"Our Destiny" is the first slow song of the plate, but in the middle it's pretty hard to!

Kingdom Of Heaven
"Kingdom Of Heaven" is my personal favorite. I have about three years work coming up with this song, and then finally was really ready. I think that the song contains everything that EPICA stand in the ground.

The Price Of Freedom
"The Price of Freedom" is a short interlude in which it is again, for freedom. It is actually meant as an introduction to the next song.

Burn To A Cinder
The song was composed by Coen (ed. note: Janssen / keyboards). I like especially the grandiose and catchy riff that is played during the verses.

Tides Of Time
"Tides Of Time" is another song from Coen. Basically this is a ballad. Above all, like Simone's voice to me here, especially since it fits perfectly for this song.

Deconstruct
A short song that has to offer in the central great chorus deposits.

Semblance Of Liberty
"Semblance Of Liberty" is probably one of the hardest songs on the entire album. The title is very guitar-oriented and contains many musical changes. It is one of the most diverse and hardest songs we've ever written.

White Waters
Simply a heavenly song that bears on the Tony Kakko of Sonata Arctica a guest appearance.

Design Your Universe
In conclusion, we have to offer with the title track still a very long song. "Design Your Universe" is most likely with the previous "Kingdom Of Heaven compare" to. A long intro leads to a grandiose melody. Toward the end, the pace and severity but are then completely lowered.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/eneuniverse
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Favorite Epica song : Kingdom of Heaven
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Mark's own review about DYU   Mark's own review about DYU I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 4:22 pm

Wow,I always wanted to hear Mark's opinion Razz and here it is.It seems like Kingdom Of Heaven is his new favorite Epica song,apparently Smile
Back to top Go down
TheAsylum
Blank Infinity
Blank Infinity
TheAsylum

Female Capricorn Pig
Favorite Epica song : Burn to a Cinder

PostSubject: Re: Mark's own review about DYU   Mark's own review about DYU I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 4:55 pm

oooh now I am even more excited how could I get anymore excited? Razz
Back to top Go down
Ene
Facade Of Reality
Facade Of Reality
Ene

Male Sagittarius Rooster
Favorite Epica song : All of them!

PostSubject: Re: Mark's own review about DYU   Mark's own review about DYU I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 6:54 pm

Semblance of Liberty sounds like an track for me Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/eneuniverse
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Favorite Epica song : Kingdom of Heaven
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Mark's own review about DYU   Mark's own review about DYU I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 1:33 am

Yes I'm looking forward for that one too Smile
Back to top Go down
magnoly
Replica
Replica
magnoly

Female Taurus Snake
Favorite Epica song :
Consign to Oblivion
Unleashed
The Obsessive Devotion

PostSubject: Re: Mark's own review about DYU   Mark's own review about DYU I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 2:07 am

I think I'm gonna die very soon of excitement... It all sounds so amazing!!
Back to top Go down
Bram
Quietus
Quietus
Bram

Male Leo Goat
Favorite Epica song : Cry for The Moon

PostSubject: Re: Mark's own review about DYU   Mark's own review about DYU I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 5:18 am

hehe, I got attracted to the tittle Kingdom of Heaven when the tracklist got released but this is very nice, probably helps me to understand the album concept a bit better.
Back to top Go down
http://www.reverbnation.com/shalott
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mark's own review about DYU   Mark's own review about DYU I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mark's own review about DYU
Page 1 of 1