Martyrs of the Free Word
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are under construction, but you are free to join us on the wait for 2012, the year of Epica!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Divine Conspiracy review by About.com

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
EpicaHolic
Quietus
Quietus
EpicaHolic

Female Libra Rooster

The Divine Conspiracy review by About.com Empty
PostSubject: The Divine Conspiracy review by About.com   The Divine Conspiracy review by About.com I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 12:34 am

Quote :
It may have been unique a few years ago, but today there is an abundance of gothic metal bands that have harsh male vocals and ethereal female vocals. It takes a little something extra to stand out from the crowd now, and Epica has that something. The band is from the Netherlands, and The Divine Conspiracy is Epica's fourth full-length.
This album combines a dark, haunting gothic atmosphere with bombastic and symphonic music. The songs are sometimes epic, grand and majestic, other times more subdued and introspective. It's a lengthy album (75 minutes long) that takes the listener through an audio journey that ebbs and flows, rises and falls, and brings something new and interesting around every musical corner.

Vocalist Simone Simons has an excellent voice. She sometimes sings with a clear alto voice that has a flawless tone and a lot of emotion. Other times she sings with an operatic soprano. Guitarist Mark Jansen provides the grunts and screams that are secondary to Simons' singing, but very important in terms of balance and variety. The Divine Conspiracy is Epica's best album to date, and one gothic/symphonic metal fans should really enjoy.

Founded at http://heavymetal.about.com/od/cdreviews/fr/epicadivine.htm
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Favorite Epica song : Kingdom of Heaven
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

PostSubject: Re: The Divine Conspiracy review by About.com   The Divine Conspiracy review by About.com I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 12:57 am

That's a pretty good review,at least it's positive Razz .But simone is neighter a contralto or a soprano,contrary she's in the middle:mezzo Razz
Back to top Go down
magnoly
Replica
Replica
magnoly

Female Taurus Snake
Favorite Epica song :
Consign to Oblivion
Unleashed
The Obsessive Devotion

PostSubject: Re: The Divine Conspiracy review by About.com   The Divine Conspiracy review by About.com I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 3:35 am

Short but nice review, agree with it. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Divine Conspiracy review by About.com   The Divine Conspiracy review by About.com I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Divine Conspiracy review by About.com
Page 1 of 1