Martyrs of the Free Word
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are under construction, but you are free to join us on the wait for 2012, the year of Epica!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New DYU review!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ene
Facade Of Reality
Facade Of Reality
Ene

Male Sagittarius Rooster
Favorite Epica song : All of them!

New DYU review! Empty
PostSubject: New DYU review!   New DYU review! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 3:10 am

1) "Samadhi" This new album opens with a fairly standard introduction and "calm" that Italian Rhapsody (of Fire) would not deny. ... From the epic symphonic record a choir, no doubt we are currently listening to Epica ...

. 2) "Surrender to Resign": The prelude continues until the arrival of Mark Jansen great shape, made up directly to the extreme vocals and a guitar sound slightly different (which marks the replacement of Ad Sluijter by former guitarist Isaac Delahaye God Dethroned). Simone Simmons makes his entry into producing a chorus of quality in line with what it could offer us on previous albums but with even greater control. ... Note that this piece is full of choirs and a narrative probably placing the album in a conceptual mind ... Here in all cases a first highlight, the album promises to be auspicious!

. 3) "Unleashed": After an introduction in all choirs, it takes a furious pace while returning to a more Epica "classic", especially at the chorus - and catchy flew just right. Un potentiel single en puissance... A potential single power ... If we break apart the mystical enough just to give a specific color to this piece.

4) "Master of the Free Word": An intro almost melodic death somewhat surprising, enriched with these symphonic arrangements that are the hallmark of Epica. Some friendly atmosphere accompany the entry of Simone, with a constant and powerful riff. No doubt, the new Epica is more "metal"! . The refrain is fly, ultra efficient, reinforced by some extreme always as well controlled. Some Gregorian chants and a frenzied solo to Scar Symmetry later, and we know already that this is one of the highlights of the album!

5) "Our Destiny": It starts in a rather traditional epic symphony to cool before using a duo piano / Simone air. . Then spoke on drums and bass on which a flashy guitar crunchy enough to fit just wonderfully. Some growls, the chorus is quite correct even if it does not star familiar terms, what this piece does not lead us from beginning to end, including his break / solo sometimes speeds, sometimes extreme, sometimes "symphonichoeurisé" that leaves no one indifferent.

6) "Kingdom of Heaven": Ambiance aboriginal associated with a mystical touch that would not refuse Danny Elfman and you attack a very heavy riff heavy "black symphony" ... . A song ultra complex where everything goes (almost) extreme pushed to its climax with ultra catchy melodies made by Simone and a boisterous chorus of surprising breaks (including passages orientalizing very, very cinematic, and even a break Opeth sound reminiscent of the finest hours) parts to death metal headbanger, a masterpiece of 13'35 "that some will find it difficult to understand but could well be a landmark in the band's discography.

7) "The Price of Freedom" quite surprising interlude under background of piano and archives containing direct speeches of Malcolm X, Martin Luther King Jr. or Barack Obama ...

. Cool "Burn to a Cinder" And it connects directly to a driving rhythm and oriental worn by the grace of Simone, a true symphony film that captures the attention. . Pre-chorus and chorus typically Epica but not without surprise us by their clarity and mature performance. ! One thing is certain: Epica has changed and good! Much less naive, more mature, this song alone proves a wink - and until this topic. A final note a very graceful, with a Simone virtually solo accompanied by just a theme atmosphérico synth-symphony ...

9) "Tides of Time" Then follows ballad "Gentillet" from the album. Une grâce piano/voix pour débuter, Simone Simmons laisse libre cours à son lyrisme romantique pour le ! then Simone is doing very well, that's something!

10) "Deconstruct" is attacked directly, without fuss, the Epica pure juices with big fat metal riffs and lyrical exarcerbé. Mark thank you for your always well placed growls, thank you Simone for your enthusiasm still as communicator A song very effective arrangements worked very, that is not necessarily not among the best but still very much in the general tone of the album: Successful!

11) "Semblance of Liberty: Intro Heavy thrashisante that activates all the muscles of the neck ... Bam, take it in your mouth! . Probably one of the early songs with more "direct" in the history of Epica. And as if that were not enough, Mark is taking the queens of song for a song that remains in tones rather extreme even when Simone comes.. A fine achievement for a song that does not compromise and should attract even those who until then sulked productions group Batavian.For history buffs, we can meet a new response records with the famous words "Read my lips" of George Bush (father) addressed to the Republican National Convention of 1988, which promise to allow him the time of be elected president.

12) "White Waters": And here's Simone charming company of singer Tony Kakko Sonata Arctica, duet that we announced exclusively here in the same interview with Tony. . A new ballad in the style of "Three Virgins" (from the album "Consign to Oblivion" and also sung in duet with Roy Khan of Kamelot), more interesting perhaps "Tides of Time" (because less openly "pompous") but shows a slight disappointment for me. . I would rather hear a song on Tony much more rhythmic, even if it puts particular value.The duo takes in all cases rather well, small consolation though this piece does not necessarily remain in the collective memories ...

13) "Design Your Universe": The conclusion of the eponymous album begins on a theme rather Celtic, his little flute and violin slight effect (both probably made in synth) that give a charm to an introduction that progresses slowly and sure to place the scene, before giving way to a big riff soon interrupted by the appearance of Simone in the bottom of acoustic guitar. Then Mark breaks out, stronger than ever, to a chorus quite lyrical neo-classical from elsewhere. ... The song works very well but is rather complex, sometimes perhaps too much so some transitions appear slightly awkward .... at least they sometimes give the impression. One conclusion certainly effective, where the duo of singers put their hearts and joy, but leaves a slight feeling of incompleteness.

The "Design Your Universe" sounds so like a small revolution in the world of spices. Some fans will be surprised, others rejected en bloc group previously could quickly change your mind ... Only small flat, one end may be a bit sluggish to me even if the quality is still present, thus leaving the possibility to our friends Batavian hitting harder next time.

Without doubt the album of the maturity of the Netherlands who grew up and out of this new opus. Not to mention the performance of a choice of which is improving Simmons from album to album and became more and more.

Ma note : 8.5/10 My
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/eneuniverse
TheAsylum
Blank Infinity
Blank Infinity
TheAsylum

Female Capricorn Pig
Favorite Epica song : Burn to a Cinder

New DYU review! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New DYU review!   New DYU review! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 4:48 pm

Sounds AMAZING thanks for posting Eetu
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Favorite Epica song : Kingdom of Heaven
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

New DYU review! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New DYU review!   New DYU review! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 12:39 am

Wow,that was a good review! Smile French translation?voix/piano means voicr/piano combination but that's pretty obvious Razz and the reviewer made a little mistake at MOTFW Laughing

And I can even see "Black Symphony" written somewhere there*inserts sheep smiley*
Back to top Go down
magnoly
Replica
Replica
magnoly

Female Taurus Snake
Favorite Epica song :
Consign to Oblivion
Unleashed
The Obsessive Devotion

New DYU review! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New DYU review!   New DYU review! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 1:41 am

(Master Rolling Eyes ) So the Gregorian chants are from MOTFW, great!
Now I can see more clearly which teaser part is what song. Wink
It all sounds promising, thanks Eetu for posting. Smile
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Favorite Epica song : Kingdom of Heaven
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

New DYU review! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New DYU review!   New DYU review! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 1:51 am

Yay I love the gregorian parts from the teaser Smile .Well,I thought they were from Kindom Of Heaven Laughing
Back to top Go down
magnoly
Replica
Replica
magnoly

Female Taurus Snake
Favorite Epica song :
Consign to Oblivion
Unleashed
The Obsessive Devotion

New DYU review! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New DYU review!   New DYU review! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 2:18 am

The Opeth-like part seems to be from Kingdom of Heaven I love you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New DYU review! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New DYU review!   New DYU review! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New DYU review!
Page 1 of 1