Martyrs of the Free Word
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are under construction, but you are free to join us on the wait for 2012, the year of Epica!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

''I would like to collaborate with Lady Gaga'' New interview with Simone!

Go down 
+2
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Ene
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Ene
Facade Of Reality
Facade Of Reality
Ene

Male Sagittarius Rooster
Favorite Epica song : All of them!

''I would like to collaborate with Lady Gaga'' New interview with Simone! Empty
PostSubject: ''I would like to collaborate with Lady Gaga'' New interview with Simone!   ''I would like to collaborate with Lady Gaga'' New interview with Simone! I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 9:42 pm

AMSTERDAM - Epica is a known player in the gothic metal scene. NU.nl spoke with singer Simone Simons on the new album Design Your Universe and the addition of a new guitarist to the band.

Your new album comes out in October. How do you describe the album as a singer?
"This album was more extreme in every sense than all our previous albums, in a good way. All elements are strengthened, the instruments are more forward, it is much more groovy and we have a new guitarist. "

Tell me more about your new guitarist, Isaac Delahaye. Has been added impact on your sound?
Yes. It is very difficult as a band member leaves. The old guitarist (Ad Sluijter, ed) is gone, but we live with. We have no quarrel broke up, seven years together as your lifts go together like family. It is a lifestyle.

The new guitarist Isaac had to be some thought when we asked him, because he is a fulltime job. We asked him to listen to our songs and improve on the points which he thought necessary. That improvement is good to hear on the album. Isaac inspires us because he has a fresh look at things. "

White Waters for the song you have worked with Tony Kakko. Who is he exactly?
"Yes, that's funny. Tony is a friend of mine and he is Finnish. I always laugh at the way people pronounce his name! We have toured together, and we both felt we were entering a collaboration. White Waters on this album was the most appropriate song for him. "

What is your favorite track on the album?
"That's Unleashed, the single.. It is the most catchy song on the album, which I myself wrote the text. It is about an old man who is dissatisfied with his life, but doing nothing and hope for the afterlife. The melodies are ridiculously cool and every time I hear myself sing along to. "

Are there artists that you would like to collaborate?
"It is totally not in our alley, but I think Lady Gaga great. I know all her songs and I really like her so special and eccentric. I would not dare raise her clothes. In the village where I live (in Germany), I'm already cranky enough with my red hair.

Lady Gaga is a good live singer. She was playing with Paul de Leeuw Pokerface on the piano, which sounded really good. She has a great performance, a real stage animal. "

You are internationally known. What action is engraved in your memory?
"That action was in Mexico last year. It was not necessarily a great performance, but I will certainly never forget. The Mexican fans were very sweet and she threw all the time presents on stage. Someone threw a crystal necklace at my face, which ended just below my eye. I had a knock-out and the show was temporarily stopped.

In an open space you can feel unsafe, as there are people that you can do to anything. It occurred to me at that moment: "I only had a bubble around me. I was happy just a thick eye on the action. "

What can we expect from Epica?
We just have a video recorded in Berlin, it is well within two weeks from. It was a great new experience, acting for a camera is different when doing a performance on stage. I am embarrassed when a video camera soon involved in them. You need professional reception and not shoot out laughing, which I find difficult.

In October we start our tour through Europe, we in South America in December and in February we will visit North America. On October 10th we play at Paradiso for the first time the entire plate. This concert is almost sold out.It is for us every time a party to play in Paradiso.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/eneuniverse
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Favorite Epica song : Kingdom of Heaven
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

PostSubject: Re: ''I would like to collaborate with Lady Gaga'' New interview with Simone!   ''I would like to collaborate with Lady Gaga'' New interview with Simone! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 1:34 am

Lady gaga?I'm a bit surprised Laughing .More news about Unleashed! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ene
Facade Of Reality
Facade Of Reality
Ene

Male Sagittarius Rooster

PostSubject: Re: ''I would like to collaborate with Lady Gaga'' New interview with Simone!   ''I would like to collaborate with Lady Gaga'' New interview with Simone! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 1:38 am

Well Lady Gaga is damn talented, so i'm not suprised Smile
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

PostSubject: Re: ''I would like to collaborate with Lady Gaga'' New interview with Simone!   ''I would like to collaborate with Lady Gaga'' New interview with Simone! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 1:40 am

Well I'm not really keen on her Razz But she is a unique singer stand out from he other pop stars Wink
Back to top Go down
Ene
Facade Of Reality
Facade Of Reality
Ene

Male Sagittarius Rooster

PostSubject: Re: ''I would like to collaborate with Lady Gaga'' New interview with Simone!   ''I would like to collaborate with Lady Gaga'' New interview with Simone! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 1:44 am

Yeah, and she writes her own songs and sings FREAKING WELL live
Back to top Go down
magnoly
Replica
Replica
magnoly

Female Taurus Snake
Favorite Epica song :
Consign to Oblivion
Unleashed
The Obsessive Devotion

PostSubject: Re: ''I would like to collaborate with Lady Gaga'' New interview with Simone!   ''I would like to collaborate with Lady Gaga'' New interview with Simone! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 2:15 am

I do not know a single song from this lady, don't even know how she looks like. Razz
Back to top Go down
TheAsylum
Blank Infinity
Blank Infinity
TheAsylum

Female Capricorn Pig
Favorite Epica song : Burn to a Cinder

PostSubject: Re: ''I would like to collaborate with Lady Gaga'' New interview with Simone!   ''I would like to collaborate with Lady Gaga'' New interview with Simone! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 2:22 am

Lady Gaga is my fave pop singer and another dutch one can't remeber her name though Unleashed sounds even greater now, can't wait
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

PostSubject: Re: ''I would like to collaborate with Lady Gaga'' New interview with Simone!   ''I would like to collaborate with Lady Gaga'' New interview with Simone! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 3:05 am

^Anouk? Smile
magnoly wrote:
I do not know a single song from this lady, don't even know how she looks like. Razz
You had never heaed a song that has e refrain"Papparazzi"?I hear it every day Razz
Back to top Go down
TheAsylum
Blank Infinity
Blank Infinity
TheAsylum

Female Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: ''I would like to collaborate with Lady Gaga'' New interview with Simone!   ''I would like to collaborate with Lady Gaga'' New interview with Simone! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 3:08 am

^ Nope Esmée Denters she sung from Youtube now she is famous she has an amazing voice listen to "Outta Here"

I love "Poker Face" and "Love Game"

This interview rules!!!
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

PostSubject: Re: ''I would like to collaborate with Lady Gaga'' New interview with Simone!   ''I would like to collaborate with Lady Gaga'' New interview with Simone! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 3:15 am

Ok,I'll check her Razz
Back to top Go down
TheAsylum
Blank Infinity
Blank Infinity
TheAsylum

Female Capricorn Pig

PostSubject: Re: ''I would like to collaborate with Lady Gaga'' New interview with Simone!   ''I would like to collaborate with Lady Gaga'' New interview with Simone! I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2009 3:16 am

great!!!
Back to top Go down
magnoly
Replica
Replica
magnoly

Female Taurus Snake
Favorite Epica song :
Consign to Oblivion
Unleashed
The Obsessive Devotion

PostSubject: Re: ''I would like to collaborate with Lady Gaga'' New interview with Simone!   ''I would like to collaborate with Lady Gaga'' New interview with Simone! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 2:02 am

XxfrozenbutterflyxX wrote:
^Anouk? Smile
magnoly wrote:
You had never heaed a song that has e refrain"Papparazzi"?I hear it every day Razz

Uhh. No, seriously. Razz
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

PostSubject: Re: ''I would like to collaborate with Lady Gaga'' New interview with Simone!   ''I would like to collaborate with Lady Gaga'' New interview with Simone! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 2:11 am

Ok,then Razz Here they play it everyday...
Back to top Go down
Ene
Facade Of Reality
Facade Of Reality
Ene

Male Sagittarius Rooster

PostSubject: Re: ''I would like to collaborate with Lady Gaga'' New interview with Simone!   ''I would like to collaborate with Lady Gaga'' New interview with Simone! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 2:12 am

Poker Face is non-stop where i work Smile
Back to top Go down
magnoly
Replica
Replica
magnoly

Female Taurus Snake
Favorite Epica song :
Consign to Oblivion
Unleashed
The Obsessive Devotion

PostSubject: Re: ''I would like to collaborate with Lady Gaga'' New interview with Simone!   ''I would like to collaborate with Lady Gaga'' New interview with Simone! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 2:28 am

I don't listen to radio or watch mtv and such stuff, so.. But might be that I heard it somewhere playing at some place but I don't pay attention to such music at all. Razz
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

PostSubject: Re: ''I would like to collaborate with Lady Gaga'' New interview with Simone!   ''I would like to collaborate with Lady Gaga'' New interview with Simone! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 2:31 am

Ene wrote:
Poker Face is non-stop where i work Smile
At school?We have a radio st school here Razz
Back to top Go down
Ene
Facade Of Reality
Facade Of Reality
Ene

Male Sagittarius Rooster

PostSubject: Re: ''I would like to collaborate with Lady Gaga'' New interview with Simone!   ''I would like to collaborate with Lady Gaga'' New interview with Simone! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2009 2:33 am

Nope, at the bakery Smile
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

PostSubject: Re: ''I would like to collaborate with Lady Gaga'' New interview with Simone!   ''I would like to collaborate with Lady Gaga'' New interview with Simone! I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2009 5:07 pm

Bakery? Laughing

OFFTOPIC*hides*
Back to top Go down
Gargamel
Blank Infinity
Blank Infinity
Gargamel

Female Sagittarius Rat

PostSubject: Re: ''I would like to collaborate with Lady Gaga'' New interview with Simone!   ''I would like to collaborate with Lady Gaga'' New interview with Simone! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 3:43 pm

Off topic ladies and gents ^_^

Anywho.

I really like Lady GaGa Razz And Simone likes her!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
EpicaHolic
Quietus
Quietus
EpicaHolic

Female Libra Rooster

PostSubject: Re: ''I would like to collaborate with Lady Gaga'' New interview with Simone!   ''I would like to collaborate with Lady Gaga'' New interview with Simone! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2009 7:14 pm

Well I really like Lady GaGa's acoustics but her originals are not my cup of tea
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ''I would like to collaborate with Lady Gaga'' New interview with Simone!   ''I would like to collaborate with Lady Gaga'' New interview with Simone! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

''I would like to collaborate with Lady Gaga'' New interview with Simone!
Page 1 of 1