Martyrs of the Free Word
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are under construction, but you are free to join us on the wait for 2012, the year of Epica!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Why Do We Love Epica

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Favorite Epica song : Kingdom of Heaven
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

Why Do We Love Epica Empty
PostSubject: Why Do We Love Epica   Why Do We Love Epica I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 12:28 am

Go on with reasons Razz

Personally I think there are many reasong why I love Epica.First of all they are not like every other femme metal band out there,in fact I think they are the heaviest one(After Arch Enemy),and I like how the heavyness is combined with epic orchestra and choir,just like true symphonic metal is meant to be Smile Mark's lyrics are really impressive he mostly concentrates about life filosophy,but he keeps an emotinal part of them aswell.And I'm happy they don't write about goblins and pixies,that would've been boring Rolling Eyes .Another reason why I love Epica is also Simone's voice(obviously Razz ).She has a great voice colour and she manages to sing both classical and clean style,in my opinion she is one of the best singers out there,but I'm pretty sure she will improove even more with years Smile .I like her lyrics aswell,particullary Force Of The Shore,Dance Of fate and Illusive Consensus.

And a very weird reason now:I totrally love Mark's screams and grunts.usually I'm very picky when is about grunters,I don't like many because most of them sound the same to me Rolling Eyes .But no,in my opinion Mark stand out as he can both grunt and scream,two really hard "techniques" Smile I really can't stand bad opinions about his voice,and Iusually rant off Laughing .

I also like the fact the bandmembers are really close to each other and compose together.That's a truly importand band.Not many bands do that Smile

Overall,I love Epica for everything.Except most of their videos Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Bram
Quietus
Quietus
Bram

Male Leo Goat
Favorite Epica song : Cry for The Moon

PostSubject: Re: Why Do We Love Epica   Why Do We Love Epica I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 1:10 am

Well I thought Mark wrote all of the lyrics and simone just executes them.

Anyway I am going to say this once because I am sick of friends telling me 'you only listen to Epica because you live in Mark's town' Okay that's crap, I used hang around with Mark's nephew when I was 11 or 12. [just sometimes] I knew about Epica back there, not their music. Just Mark's car with the fancy Epica logo printed on it. And back there I didn't even listen to metal, just Linkin Park, my other stuff was hiphop. All those years after we didn't see each other I felt embarrassed because of todays hiphop. So I decided to download some WT music, I liked it more then I knew, within a month I had 200-300 WT plays on last.fm.

Then after I got bored with the same WT tracks everyday I figured out I got an Epica sticker a long time ago from a dude. [ 6 years ago or something] My dad used to have a guy named Sander Gommans doing his school project about art. For the project he asked permission to my dad and uncle to take a look inside and make some photo's. he was only 15-20 back there? Yeaaaaars later I asked my dad in which band he played. He answered After Forever but he didn't remember it.

That made me download lots of Epica and After Forever stuff. Now since Epica sounds soft at most songs and I didn't like Floor's voice that much at the beginning of my metal period. I decided to buy some Epica CD"s. So that's basicly how I got into Epica. But I still listen the After Forever songs. HDK, etc.
Back to top Go down
http://www.reverbnation.com/shalott
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Favorite Epica song : Kingdom of Heaven
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Why Do We Love Epica   Why Do We Love Epica I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 1:59 am

You knew Mark?And his nephew? Shocked Wow,you are so lucky Razz
Back to top Go down
Bram
Quietus
Quietus
Bram

Male Leo Goat

PostSubject: Re: Why Do We Love Epica   Why Do We Love Epica I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 2:51 am

XxfrozenbutterflyxX wrote:
You knew Mark?And his nephew? Shocked Wow,you are so lucky Razz

I only knew is nephew, never seen Mark at that time Razz but recently he saw me in my Epica shirt so he waved to me.
Back to top Go down
TheAsylum
Blank Infinity
Blank Infinity
TheAsylum

Female Capricorn Pig
Favorite Epica song : Burn to a Cinder

PostSubject: Re: Why Do We Love Epica   Why Do We Love Epica I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 2:57 am

Hmmm I think you already know or shall I have a go?
Back to top Go down
magnoly
Replica
Replica
magnoly

Female Taurus Snake
Favorite Epica song :
Consign to Oblivion
Unleashed
The Obsessive Devotion

PostSubject: Re: Why Do We Love Epica   Why Do We Love Epica I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 4:43 am

Wow. I envy you that you live in Reuver, Bram. Wink

On topic.
Epica is simply a perfect band to me. Starting with music, perfect combination between metal and classical stuff which is the thing I love the most. Simone's unique voice goes well as the contrast with Mark's grunts. All the band members are the best at what they're doing! I also love them because of their personalities, as much as I know them, they seem to be very cool and kind people, who can have fun and do something serious at the same time; I just love their stage performances, how they all interact with each other. And eventually, Epica is an intelligent band. Their lyrics are the best in the world! I've learnt from each of them a lot, and I do learn every day. Thank you, Epica, I love you! Smile
Back to top Go down
Bram
Quietus
Quietus
Bram

Male Leo Goat

PostSubject: Re: Why Do We Love Epica   Why Do We Love Epica I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 18, 2009 7:33 am

MetalHeadLiz wrote:
Hmmm I think you already know or shall I have a go?

Have a go, curiousity killed the cat, once again. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why Do We Love Epica   Why Do We Love Epica I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why Do We Love Epica
Page 1 of 1