Martyrs of the Free Word
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are under construction, but you are free to join us on the wait for 2012, the year of Epica!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dear Epicans

Go down 
+4
Elodie Artour
magnoly
TheAsylum
Manala
8 posters
AuthorMessage

Dear Epicans  Empty
PostSubject: Dear Epicans    Dear Epicans  I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 8:39 pm

Hi! My name is Amalie, but I am known as Am, Amie or Divine.
I am 16 years old, and I have been an Epica fan since 2005, when my dad bought Consign to oblivion. He saw Quietus on MTV and loved it, so he bought the album, and he forced me to listen to it (I was a total Britney Spears fan girlie) But I fell in love from the moment I heard Hunab K'u. I can still recall dancing to it on the kitchen floor, at the age of 10.
I saw Simone live for the first time at at Kamelot concert, on May 23. 2009. She turned up there as a surprise to the audience, and I fainted when I saw her on stage.
After that Epica has been my life. I can talk about it, or read about it for hours, and hours, without getting tired of it.
So all my friends are pretty tired of hearing about them!
On July 10. this year, I spent a day backstage with them at Norway Rock. This shows that if you want something enough, it happens, in some way... Thank you Isaac! For giving me a backstage pass that day, he is really the best!

About me in general, I live in a small Norwegian town, called Gjøvik. I love boat-rides, swimming, alpine skiing, figure skating, and of course music, music, music, and more music! In summer I listen to everything from Eminem to Dimmu Borgir, but in winter I only listen to Epica and Nightwish, hehe Smile
I hope this was informing, haha Smile

~ Am.
Back to top Go down
Manala
Sancta Terra
Sancta Terra
Manala

Female Cancer Dog
Favorite Epica song : Tides Of Time, Kingdom Of Heaven, Quietus, White Water, Blank Infinity, Feint

Dear Epicans  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Epicans    Dear Epicans  I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 9:02 pm

Helloe and welcome to the forum Am!
Back to top Go down
http://www.musesofmetal.com
TheAsylum
Blank Infinity
Blank Infinity
TheAsylum

Female Capricorn Pig
Favorite Epica song : Burn to a Cinder

Dear Epicans  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Epicans    Dear Epicans  I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 9:04 pm

Hello welcome to the forum I am Liz Smile
Back to top Go down
magnoly
Replica
Replica
magnoly

Female Taurus Snake
Favorite Epica song :
Consign to Oblivion
Unleashed
The Obsessive Devotion

Dear Epicans  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Epicans    Dear Epicans  I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 9:12 pm

Hello Amalie! Love your name, btw. Wink Welcome to our forum, hope you enjoy. Smile
You seem a devoted Epican and I love devoted Epicans! Wink
Back to top Go down
Elodie Artour
Quietus
Quietus
Elodie Artour

Female Posts : 84

Dear Epicans  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Epicans    Dear Epicans  I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 07, 2010 9:48 pm

I also love your name, Am! I love you

Velkommen! I speak Norwegian, so feel free to PM me your MSN if you want to talk to me about Epica and stuff. Smile

What is it during winter that makes you want to listen only to Epica and NW? Is it because of the darkness and coldness in Norway or something?

One more question - how did Isaac decide to give you a backstage pass? Tell us more about that day.
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Favorite Epica song : Kingdom of Heaven
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

Dear Epicans  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Epicans    Dear Epicans  I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 3:13 pm

Welcome Amalie! Very Happy I'm glad you finally joined and we are very happy your are going to promote our forum! Very Happy

For those who remember the Mark picture taken from the stage I posted here a while ago,she is the photographer Smile .And the lucies Epica fan on Earth Wink

Hope you will enjoy it here,An! Smile If you have any troubles regarding the forum don't hesitate to ask me Wink
Back to top Go down

Dear Epicans  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Epicans    Dear Epicans  I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 6:37 pm

I have told the story about my Epica meeting SO MANY TIMES, you have no idea xD but I will retell it, hehe. I discovered that Epica was announced for Norway Rock in January, and I got really depressed, because the concert had an age limit, and it knocked me out for months, there was really nothing I wanted more than seeing that concert! Or actually, meeting the band was the real goal... But I decided that I wouldn't go to Kvinesdal (Where the festival is being held) at all, because it wouldn't be good for my mental health... So I just counted down the days, for a while, and got sad every time I heard the date, or something about Norway rock, which was a forbidden topic, when it came to my friends. And suddenly two of my friends where going there! To see Jorn, Megadeth, Twisted Sister, Slash, Kamelot and so on.... And after a while, a friend (who is a REALLY REALLY big Slash fan) and I, decided that we would go there anyway, just for one day, to see Slash, Amon Amarth, Kamelot and so on. So we went there, after all. And then we decided that we would stay there for two more days, since we found the hotel Epica was staying at. So we went there, the day after the concert, to wait for Epica, who had been playing in Slovenia the day before. And we sat there, for hours, and hours, before the security guard told us to leave. So we sat outside, for one more hour, until the same security guard came out, and told us that Epica wouldn't arrive before 1:30 am. So we decided to come back next morning, because I don't think they would appreciate us being there when they where tired and exhausted after the long journey, and I was very right. So the next day I went up to the hotel alone. I was shaking really, really badly, and it didn't get better when I saw Isaac, sitting outside the hotel with his MAC. Suddenly everything was so real! I stopped for a while, and he saw me, and smiled at me, since I was wearing an Epica tee (of course) and I walked up to him, and the first thing he said was "Nice shirt!" And I laughed and said "I know, right? haha" And after that he signed my Classical conspiracy LP, and my Design your universe special edit CD. Then I sat inside waiting for the rest of the band... And suddenly Coen turned up too. I talked to Isaac for a while about the agelimits in Norway, and he thought is was so unfair that I couldn't see the concert. Then he went to talk to some guys, and when he came back, he told me he had extra backstage passes! And he asked me if I wanted to come with them, backstage! I didn't really believe him... I was like "Oh my god, really?! That would be... just...." And he asked me if it would be ok for my dad, who had gone to the festival with me, he is also a big Epica fan. I didn't even bother asking him, because I knew it would be ok. He would probably just be a little jealous, haha x)
And suddenly I was sitting in their car, between Isaac and Coen, with Ariën, Willem and Jeroen in front of me. That is the most surreal and amazing moment of my life.
Their backstage tent smelled like a greenhouse. That is the clearest thing I remember. It felt odd hanging out with the band members a whole day, and I felt so accepted! The only person who was a little distant was, of course, Simone, with her privacy stuff, and all the things we talked about in the Simone Trivia topic. But she was very nice to me! She sang the chorus of tides of time, for me. That was really amazing... Ariën was gonna find the chords for her, and he sang the chorus to! I haven't laughed that much in a long time! https://www.youtube.com/user/MeAmie94#p/a/u/0/TGJ2NuOEzG8 This is Ariën singing! I filmed Simone singing too, but I want that for myself... Smile I was allowed to stand on stage during their concert, and it was amazing! Especially when the banners came up... That is a moment that I will never forget. And really, when you see Epica backstage pics, and believe that they are posing, believe me, they are not! They are really, really silly! All the time! Throwing grapes at each other, and dancing with chairs! They are really the most amazing band ever! And they don't seem to realize that they are famous at all, they are just them selves all the way, and it is amazing! Gotta love them <3 I can't wait to meet them again in September, and especially Isaac! Very Happy
And when I had to go, about an hour or two, after the concert, they said "Oh, you have to go already?" That was so cute... I really miss them!
I hope this was informing, and it is true what Cris says, I am the luckiest Epica fan on earth. Smile

And for the NW and Epica at winter, it is a bit about that too, I am very gothic at winter, and a little less at summer, probably because it is so dark up here, yes.

And Dear Epicans, please add me on facebook! Amalie Epica Antonsen. Smile
Back to top Go down
Manala
Sancta Terra
Sancta Terra
Manala

Female Cancer Dog
Favorite Epica song : Tides Of Time, Kingdom Of Heaven, Quietus, White Water, Blank Infinity, Feint

Dear Epicans  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Epicans    Dear Epicans  I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 8:02 pm

OMG! I almost died reading all this! It's so splendid and wonderful.
Back to top Go down
http://www.musesofmetal.com
magnoly
Replica
Replica
magnoly

Female Taurus Snake
Favorite Epica song :
Consign to Oblivion
Unleashed
The Obsessive Devotion

Dear Epicans  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Epicans    Dear Epicans  I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 9:14 pm

*is dead* YOU ARE THE LUCKIEST PERSON ON EARTH! I am so jealous but also very happy for you! Very Happy Thanks so much for sharing your story with us. <3 Ah.

And gonna add you on fb. Smile
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Favorite Epica song : Kingdom of Heaven
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

Dear Epicans  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Epicans    Dear Epicans  I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 08, 2010 10:38 pm

It's nice to hear the whole story now Smile Things like that dont happen everyday.I would die if I'd only get an autograph from them,but if I will ever get the change to hang out backstage with them I might be in heaven Razz
Back to top Go down
Bram
Quietus
Quietus
Bram

Male Leo Goat
Favorite Epica song : Cry for The Moon

Dear Epicans  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Epicans    Dear Epicans  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 1:59 am

yay Eminem and Epica, probably my 2 most favorite artists.

Oh welcome =[D]
Back to top Go down
http://www.reverbnation.com/shalott

Dear Epicans  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Epicans    Dear Epicans  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 4:31 am

Hehe, it is very nice to share the story... Smile And this is a longer story than anyone else has got, hehe Smile
Glad you appreciate it Very Happy
It was really the best day of my life... but still so surreal! Because stuff like that just doesn't happen... All I really wanted was an autograph and maybe some pics, but this shows that miracles does happen, and if you want something enough, it happens. And there was absolutely nothing in the world I wanted more than this.
And Mark still remembers my name! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ene
Facade Of Reality
Facade Of Reality
Ene

Male Sagittarius Rooster
Favorite Epica song : All of them!

Dear Epicans  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Epicans    Dear Epicans  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 3:47 pm

Welcome! Very Happy That's one super epic story Shocked your so lucky haha
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/eneuniverse
Bram
Quietus
Quietus
Bram

Male Leo Goat
Favorite Epica song : Cry for The Moon

Dear Epicans  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Epicans    Dear Epicans  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 5:25 pm

Arg reading your larger post, about the backstage stuff. that's amazingly cool =D
Back to top Go down
http://www.reverbnation.com/shalott

Dear Epicans  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Epicans    Dear Epicans  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 7:51 pm

Thanks Very Happy I feel very welcome in here, finally I have found people who actually wants info about Epica, and won't kill me when I constantly talk about them Smile
Back to top Go down
magnoly
Replica
Replica
magnoly

Female Taurus Snake
Favorite Epica song :
Consign to Oblivion
Unleashed
The Obsessive Devotion

Dear Epicans  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Epicans    Dear Epicans  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 09, 2010 8:05 pm

^ You're at the very right place then. Smile The more Epica, the better. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Black Halo Angel
Quietus
Quietus
Black Halo Angel

Female Capricorn Monkey
Favorite Epica song : Sancta Terra.

Dear Epicans  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Epicans    Dear Epicans  I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 6:58 am

AMALIEEEEEEE Huggle
You're a lucky little bastard. Very Happy
Hehehe...September...that'll be fun. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://black-halo-angel.deviantart.com

Dear Epicans  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Epicans    Dear Epicans  I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 10, 2010 7:19 am

Tora! Very Happy <3 September will kick ass! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Elodie Artour
Quietus
Quietus
Elodie Artour

Female Posts : 84

Dear Epicans  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Epicans    Dear Epicans  I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 16, 2010 10:03 am

@Am: The whole story is breath-taking! I read it with such a great interest and a bated breath! That, what Epica has done for you, is so candid! Isaac does deserve praising. I don't know how many bands would have done the same for a fan of them. Rolling Eyes

I often take a look at your backstage pics on FB, too. It seems like it's been a lot of fun there. Wink I'm glad you had a good time. By the way, where did you actually see the concert from?
Back to top Go down

Dear Epicans  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Epicans    Dear Epicans  I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 17, 2010 10:34 pm

From everywhere! haha xD On the stage, in front of the stage, I was walking around all the time, headbanging and singing. Very Happy Mark just "You'd better headband! We'll be watching you!" So I had to do that, haha! but I was mostly standing on stage Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dear Epicans  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dear Epicans    Dear Epicans  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dear Epicans
Page 1 of 1