Martyrs of the Free Word
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are under construction, but you are free to join us on the wait for 2012, the year of Epica!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The new Epica album:Expectations,Rumours & Fun

Go down 
+2
magnoly
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Favorite Epica song : Kingdom of Heaven
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

The new Epica album:Expectations,Rumours & Fun Empty
PostSubject: The new Epica album:Expectations,Rumours & Fun   The new Epica album:Expectations,Rumours & Fun I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 6:51 pm

The thread title is kinda weird but it sums up everything we are going to discuss here Wink

DYU was released 1 year ago,so as far as we know the next album shall be out in after another year,probably in autumn.We know that Isaac is going to compose songs together with Mark,so that means it will lean Epica towards a new sound.DYU was already quite different from TDC concerning the guitar work:heavier and melodic,but still Isaac hasn't composed songs on DYU,he just made wrote the guitar lines again,so it will be cool to see more of his creativity this time Wink We also know that they have already written 9 songs(that was about 4 months ago,I'm sure they have wrote more but we don't know yet Wink )

There's also a rumour that the next album will not have 'The Embrace that Smothers' saga anymore,but like I said it's a rumor,so we aren't sure.

My expectatin is that this new album will be better than DYU.Because you know,Epica is getting better with every new album Razz.I think it will be somewhat a continuation of DYU's legacy,but very fresh,bombastic and epic Wink .That's all of I though yet.

And about the fun part:Make some fake tracklistings/covers or whatever you like.Be creative and shoow you expectations towards Epica's probably best album! Smile
Back to top Go down
magnoly
Replica
Replica
magnoly

Female Taurus Snake
Favorite Epica song :
Consign to Oblivion
Unleashed
The Obsessive Devotion

PostSubject: Re: The new Epica album:Expectations,Rumours & Fun   The new Epica album:Expectations,Rumours & Fun I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 16, 2010 9:01 pm

Ah, ah. New album. Already keep thinking about it. Very Happy

I'm really curious about the 'new' sound, as for sure Isaac will bring something to the new tracks.
I'm sure it's going to be different yet still epica again. And you know what, I think it will again be the best Epica album! Wink

And Cris, it's not just rumour, Mark said in one interview that The Embrace that Smothers has finished. So we shall assume it's a certian thing. Smile And that is what actually I am curious about. If Mark will come up with another series... Cause I don't think they will continue A New Age Dawns on another album.

Also wonder if the title will start with THE and other two words, like:
The Phantom Agony
The Divine Conspiracy

And so like it was with
Consign to Oblivion
Design Your Universe

But that's just me Razz
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

PostSubject: Re: The new Epica album:Expectations,Rumours & Fun   The new Epica album:Expectations,Rumours & Fun I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 1:58 am

It's certain?Are you sure?I might have missed that interview or I interpreted in another way Suspect

And about the titles:I noticed the begining with 'THE' but never thought of the 'sign' ending.GReat observation! Very Happy

I really want to start making a fake cover.It will be a little harder since I need to find some stock pictures.Wish me luck Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The new Epica album:Expectations,Rumours & Fun   The new Epica album:Expectations,Rumours & Fun I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 6:21 pm

Mark has about eleven songs that he has written for the album, that are ready. He told me in Oslo... but I doubt they will use all of them, since they are gonna use Isaac's work as well. Which Isaac also told me in Kvinesdal. Since "this is the time" is a song made by Isaac, that shows a lot of variations in his creativity. And it will be very exiting to see the end result!
Back to top Go down
AnEpicJourney
Blank Infinity
Blank Infinity
AnEpicJourney

Female Posts : 447
Favorite Epica song : Almost every song from tPA and CtO + Fools of damnation, the Obsessive Devotion and tDC

PostSubject: Re: The new Epica album:Expectations,Rumours & Fun   The new Epica album:Expectations,Rumours & Fun I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 10:03 pm

I'm 100% sure that the new album will be heavier that the previous ones! Moreover I'm sure that there will be at leats 2 long songs..Also the last song will be with the same name as the album Laughing and I think that I will like the new album more than DYU
And Am,I agree that not all 11 songs will be released now.However,it will be great if they release an album with 20 new sonds - as Cris says "The more Epica,the better" Laughing
Back to top Go down
magnoly
Replica
Replica
magnoly

Female Taurus Snake
Favorite Epica song :
Consign to Oblivion
Unleashed
The Obsessive Devotion

PostSubject: Re: The new Epica album:Expectations,Rumours & Fun   The new Epica album:Expectations,Rumours & Fun I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 17, 2010 11:44 pm

XxfrozenbutterflyxX wrote:
It's certain?Are you sure?I might have missed that interview or I interpreted in another way Suspect

I'm 99,9% sure. Razz It was an interview from US, it was on yt. I will try to find it again when I have some time.
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

PostSubject: Re: The new Epica album:Expectations,Rumours & Fun   The new Epica album:Expectations,Rumours & Fun I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 1:40 am

AnEpicJourney wrote:

And Am,I agree that not all 11 songs will be released now.However,it will be great if they release an album with 20 new sonds - as Cris says "The more Epica,the better" Laughing

By 'The more Epica,the better' I mean when an album is realeased there are more songs and most of the time more better ones.Still,I wouldn't like an allbum with 20 songs.Because,you know CDs have only 80 minutes of space as far as I know,and that meand Epica will have to do short songs XD .Except if they will release a double album with 20 songs,that would be the best thing ever Very Happy

And thank you Gosia Smile Was it a recent interview or something?

And Am,11 songs?That sounds great,and I can't wait to hear Isaac's contribution eighter Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The new Epica album:Expectations,Rumours & Fun   The new Epica album:Expectations,Rumours & Fun I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 2:14 am

That's what he said! Mark is one hell of a music machine... xD
Back to top Go down
magnoly
Replica
Replica
magnoly

Female Taurus Snake
Favorite Epica song :
Consign to Oblivion
Unleashed
The Obsessive Devotion

PostSubject: Re: The new Epica album:Expectations,Rumours & Fun   The new Epica album:Expectations,Rumours & Fun I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 18, 2010 9:16 pm

XxfrozenbutterflyxX wrote:
And thank you Gosia Smile Was it a recent interview or something?

I believe it was during the last tour. Yet I'm not sure. And hopefully, I have some time today to search for it.
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

PostSubject: Re: The new Epica album:Expectations,Rumours & Fun   The new Epica album:Expectations,Rumours & Fun I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 19, 2010 2:26 am

Thanks in advance Wink
Back to top Go down
magnoly
Replica
Replica
magnoly

Female Taurus Snake
Favorite Epica song :
Consign to Oblivion
Unleashed
The Obsessive Devotion

PostSubject: Re: The new Epica album:Expectations,Rumours & Fun   The new Epica album:Expectations,Rumours & Fun I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 9:53 pm

Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

PostSubject: Re: The new Epica album:Expectations,Rumours & Fun   The new Epica album:Expectations,Rumours & Fun I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 1:49 am

Thanks a lot!I'm watching it as soon as possible! Smile
Back to top Go down
Eline
Fool Of Damnation
Fool Of Damnation
Eline

Female Virgo Dog
Favorite Epica song : Consign to Oblivion

PostSubject: Re: The new Epica album:Expectations,Rumours & Fun   The new Epica album:Expectations,Rumours & Fun I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 1:58 am

I'd love to have more grunts with Ariën and Isaac! Very Happy But the main grunts still by Mark, ofcourse.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Eline.t83.net
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

PostSubject: Re: The new Epica album:Expectations,Rumours & Fun   The new Epica album:Expectations,Rumours & Fun I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 1:59 am

I wouldnt jmind if there will be more Isaac grunts because he sounds more powerful than Mark XD
Back to top Go down
Elodie Artour
Quietus
Quietus
Elodie Artour

Female Posts : 84

PostSubject: Re: The new Epica album:Expectations,Rumours & Fun   The new Epica album:Expectations,Rumours & Fun I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 29, 2010 11:12 pm

Good idea, girls! It was high-time someone started a thread about the forthcoming album. cheers

Looking back on DYU's release, I didn't like it at first but it gradually grew on me and made me fall in love with it. The main reason I couldn't happen to love it from the very beginning was the fact it sounded so different (in a rather weird way) in comparison with Epica's previous material. Now that I love this record, as well, I can sure as hell state that it's probably the band's best one so far. It'd be really great if Epica continued in the same direction but on the other hand, I wanna hear something fresh and somewhat new. Naturally, there will be long songs and the album will most probably follow the strict pattern: intro followed by a long song, other long, fast-paced heavy ones alternated with beautiful, melodic ballads and a final track named after the album's title.

I assume there will once again be a certain concept around which the whole album is driven. Mark has already proven quite a lot of times what a genius he is, putting all his talent, creativity and skills into use in order to make yet another masterpiece. There is also a possibility he's come up with ideas about other 'series,' we shall see...

I hope we'll get to hear more proper grunts, bombastic choir parts and compositions, heavier and even more epic and energetic (if possible, haha) songs. Simone's voice has evidently improved a lot during the DYU era, so I do hope she keeps on bettering. I wanna hear that difference on the new record, hell yeah! Laughing

Lyrics are expected to be as complex, sophisticated, poetic and emotional as usual. If it comes to artwork and the cover itself, I guess the band will once again surprise us with something interesting. Whether it's gonna feature Simone or not depends on the concept of the album, as well as on marketing strategies.
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

PostSubject: Re: The new Epica album:Expectations,Rumours & Fun   The new Epica album:Expectations,Rumours & Fun I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 31, 2010 10:58 pm

^Exactly what I'm expecting! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Ene
Facade Of Reality
Facade Of Reality
Ene

Male Sagittarius Rooster
Favorite Epica song : All of them!

PostSubject: Re: The new Epica album:Expectations,Rumours & Fun   The new Epica album:Expectations,Rumours & Fun I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 9:41 pm

Apparently Mark has started new song series, 'In the Eyes of the Law' on the MaYaN album, maybe that will continue on new Epica album?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/eneuniverse
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

PostSubject: Re: The new Epica album:Expectations,Rumours & Fun   The new Epica album:Expectations,Rumours & Fun I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2011 4:45 pm

^Probably,but he might keep it for MaYaN,and he will start somethimg new with Epica Wink
Back to top Go down
Ene
Facade Of Reality
Facade Of Reality
Ene

Male Sagittarius Rooster

PostSubject: Re: The new Epica album:Expectations,Rumours & Fun   The new Epica album:Expectations,Rumours & Fun I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 12:37 am

Cris you remember the crazy wait for DYU, it's coming again haha! Very Happy

Apparently they are already working one the pre-production! This photo was posted on their FB today.

The new Epica album:Expectations,Rumours & Fun 26703111

Also, Simone and Mark posted this cute video yesterday.

!!!
Back to top Go down
Eline
Fool Of Damnation
Fool Of Damnation
Eline

Female Virgo Dog

PostSubject: Re: The new Epica album:Expectations,Rumours & Fun   The new Epica album:Expectations,Rumours & Fun I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 1:04 am

^ Awh, it's cute. Smile
Can't wait! For now, MaYaN is a good thirst quencher. Smile
Back to top Go down
Ene
Facade Of Reality
Facade Of Reality
Ene

Male Sagittarius Rooster

PostSubject: Re: The new Epica album:Expectations,Rumours & Fun   The new Epica album:Expectations,Rumours & Fun I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 3:12 am

That's exactly what i thought, MaYaN really helps for the wait.

I hope they'll release little snippet of a pre-production songs like they did with Our Destiny back then Very Happy
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

PostSubject: Re: The new Epica album:Expectations,Rumours & Fun   The new Epica album:Expectations,Rumours & Fun I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 3:00 pm

Of course I remember the crazy waiting for DYU*brings back the movie of the nostalgic memories*

It's good to know they are pre-producing the songs.That means they have already written them and now they are changing a few stuff here and there with Sacha,right?

Oh and I have to say Mark and Simone look really cute in the video <3 .What's the point of this,idea,btw? Razz

Am I the only one who doesn't really dig Quarterpast?I don't know,I just can't picture myself listening to it anymore.I just don't find it interesting at all.Controversity time,people! Razz
Back to top Go down
Eline
Fool Of Damnation
Fool Of Damnation
Eline

Female Virgo Dog

PostSubject: Re: The new Epica album:Expectations,Rumours & Fun   The new Epica album:Expectations,Rumours & Fun I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 6:19 pm

^ I remember waiting for hours to attend the try-out of the DYU songs in Groningen, in such a tiny venue.. great times. <3

Anyway, at first I didn't really like the MaYaN album that much, but after seeing them I'm starting to really get into it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

PostSubject: Re: The new Epica album:Expectations,Rumours & Fun   The new Epica album:Expectations,Rumours & Fun I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 12:53 am

Of course,live gigs are always making studio albums even more amazing. Smile
Back to top Go down
Ene
Facade Of Reality
Facade Of Reality
Ene

Male Sagittarius Rooster

PostSubject: Re: The new Epica album:Expectations,Rumours & Fun   The new Epica album:Expectations,Rumours & Fun I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 1:21 am

Facts about the album:

Sascha Paeth produces the album.
Coen wrote two songs to the album.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The new Epica album:Expectations,Rumours & Fun   The new Epica album:Expectations,Rumours & Fun I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The new Epica album:Expectations,Rumours & Fun
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next