Martyrs of the Free Word
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are under construction, but you are free to join us on the wait for 2012, the year of Epica!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Advice/Comfort Thread

Go down 
+4
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Manala
magnoly
Sancta_Terra
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sancta_Terra
Fool Of Damnation
Fool Of Damnation
Sancta_Terra

Female Scorpio Rooster
Favorite Epica song : Mother of Light

Advice/Comfort  Thread Empty
PostSubject: Advice/Comfort Thread   Advice/Comfort  Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 5:23 am

Okay, I haven't seen one like this thread so as the title says it's meant for the Epicans help us each other. I know everyone has problems and this is the place where you can vent them.

I may start...

It's pretty simple: School. That's my problem.
I've done everything I can to pass Maths (Calculus), the teacher is not supporting us. With supporting I mean: helping us, explaining again when it's necessary. He just says: "Just copy the result you've got to analyze". Ok if I'm asking you to explain the topic again, it's not to annoy you it's because you go really fast with the topic and I cannot understand everything.
He also says: "You students of the Third Area ( a. k. a. social sciences) are a bunch of useles, Good-for-nothing ", Study a 'true career'. Ok I have a lot to answer him, but I don't do it at least publicly because he's holding the upper hand. First if you think Maths and Sciences are everything? If that was true all of the world would have been destroyed by now. Social Sciences are important too. And not all of us who are @ social area, are there because 'there are not maths'. That's not true by now, all the degrees at UNAM have maths from basics - advanced, even Laws. Maybe at IPN social sciences are exempt from maths, but here not!!

Secondly, I'm not gonna study something I don't LIKE!
I'm not afraid of maths, physics of chemistry, but I cannot study something in which I'm not interested, just because you say for you it doesn't exist and hate, for me exists and I like it. Just because you say.

Third, If you are not someone who cares that students understand and pass the subject. You're not a real teacher.

Probably you're trying to 'motivate' us, that's not the way...
That is called verbal abuse.

Back to top Go down
magnoly
Replica
Replica
magnoly

Female Taurus Snake
Favorite Epica song :
Consign to Oblivion
Unleashed
The Obsessive Devotion

PostSubject: Re: Advice/Comfort Thread   Advice/Comfort  Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 12:19 am

Oh Mary Hug That's so unfair from your teacher's side!! I know how it is when you have to learn things you don't like. Generally schools are worthless! I mean, studying all those stuff that won't have any usage in your entire life!
Wish I could help you, but I suck at maths, I never liked it either. But I'm sure you can do it, and you will show your teacher how smart you are!! Hug
Back to top Go down
Manala
Sancta Terra
Sancta Terra
Manala

Female Cancer Dog
Favorite Epica song : Tides Of Time, Kingdom Of Heaven, Quietus, White Water, Blank Infinity, Feint

PostSubject: Re: Advice/Comfort Thread   Advice/Comfort  Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 4:37 am

I really wish I could help you but i'm numerically dyslexic Neutral I'm having to take a math lesson to understand a psycholgy equation Sad I understand maths can be sooooo horrible!

I hope your teacher though gets disciplined, they sound terrible!
Back to top Go down
http://www.musesofmetal.com

PostSubject: Re: Advice/Comfort Thread   Advice/Comfort  Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 8:07 am

Math is really difficult... I've had kind of the same problem in middle school, an awful teacher whom I never learned a thing from... But now I'm in a different class, and I've got my first math-a+ EVER... Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Sancta_Terra
Fool Of Damnation
Fool Of Damnation
Sancta_Terra

Female Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Advice/Comfort Thread   Advice/Comfort  Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 10:42 pm

Thanks girls for your advice Smile

Gosia, I know what you mean, but I did liked maths before!. And some things are pretty useless I have to admit it.

Tayla, Ohh dear, I hope you can solve that problem too Hug

Am, Ohh nice! you have a great professor!

And I'm taking extra-classes with my Analytic Geometry teacher (from last year) he's really good, so I'm sure with this extra lessons I can do it!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Advice/Comfort Thread   Advice/Comfort  Thread I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 05, 2010 4:23 am

That's great, I hope it will be alright <3
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Favorite Epica song : Kingdom of Heaven
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Advice/Comfort Thread   Advice/Comfort  Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 4:26 am

Mary,first f,you need a hug Huggle
Second,I'm so sorry you have a teacher who thinks that realistic sciences are more importat than social sciences.I abslutely disagree with these kind of teachers.I wish I could help you,but I abslutely asuck at maths.I never really undesrtood it and I hate algebra with passion(however I do like some space geometry,because it makes sense sometimes for me).The worst thing are math exams,which I almsot never get a decent mark Sad

LIke I said,I really want to help,you so my advice is to talk to this teaher,if not directly,through your main teacher(I think you havew one,I don't really know how to call it english) and tell him your opinion.Maybe he will understand or maybe not,but at least try Wink If this doesn't work eighter,take some meditations with another math teacher(aspecially if tour teacher gives you low marks,maybe someone else can explain you better those theories and applications)

Well that's all I can say for noe.Hope it helps Hug
Back to top Go down
Eline
Fool Of Damnation
Fool Of Damnation
Eline

Female Virgo Dog
Favorite Epica song : Consign to Oblivion

PostSubject: Re: Advice/Comfort Thread   Advice/Comfort  Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 07, 2010 8:04 pm

Doctors recently discovered that my dear granny is suffering from a tumor in her ovary. I can't concentrate fully on school now, while I really have to because of exams. I'm just so worried because they don't know whether it's a malignant or a benign tumor. Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.Eline.t83.net
magnoly
Replica
Replica
magnoly

Female Taurus Snake
Favorite Epica song :
Consign to Oblivion
Unleashed
The Obsessive Devotion

PostSubject: Re: Advice/Comfort Thread   Advice/Comfort  Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 12:15 am

Eline, I'm so sorry. Hug Let me hug you. Hug Hug Hug
I imagine how hard it must be. Wish I could help, or somehow take the pain off from your heart.
I really do hope your grandma will recover, I really do.
And I'm always here for you if you ever need someone to talk to. Huggle
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Advice/Comfort Thread   Advice/Comfort  Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 4:52 am

I'm so sorry to hear that ,Eline Hug I know it's though to cope when someone near to you is suffering.Just hope she will recover(maybe after a surgery,I don't know) and just hope everuthing will be fine,even thought it doesn't seem like.
I'm always here to talk if you need to Hug
Back to top Go down
Eline
Fool Of Damnation
Fool Of Damnation
Eline

Female Virgo Dog

PostSubject: Re: Advice/Comfort Thread   Advice/Comfort  Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 08, 2010 9:54 pm

Thanks girls, you're the sweetest! Huggle
Back to top Go down
Sancta_Terra
Fool Of Damnation
Fool Of Damnation
Sancta_Terra

Female Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Advice/Comfort Thread   Advice/Comfort  Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 12:05 am

First of all. Thanks all of you who helped me feel better. Thanks Cris.
I think I can go on better since I'm taking extra classes Wednesdays & Weekends
And because you helped me now it's the time for me to help....

Eline, I'm so sorry you pass through this. I've been in this situation too. I can imagine how you feel, but don't loose hope. I know your grandma is gonna be okay. Think positive! The doctors will help her.
And I'm sure with the support of you and your family. She's gonna be okay.
I'll pray for her too! Comfort
Back to top Go down
Manala
Sancta Terra
Sancta Terra
Manala

Female Cancer Dog
Favorite Epica song : Tides Of Time, Kingdom Of Heaven, Quietus, White Water, Blank Infinity, Feint

PostSubject: Re: Advice/Comfort Thread   Advice/Comfort  Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 09, 2010 2:25 am

I'm so sorry Eline. I'll be sending all my wishes and hope to her. <3
Back to top Go down
Eline
Fool Of Damnation
Fool Of Damnation
Eline

Female Virgo Dog

PostSubject: Re: Advice/Comfort Thread   Advice/Comfort  Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 4:27 pm

Thanks all, you're amazing. <3

Granny is doing much better now, tomrrow she will get the results from the samples they took from the tumor. She's living here now until she's able to take care of her own, since we don't want her to be all alone at home, then something might happen at night.
Back to top Go down
magnoly
Replica
Replica
magnoly

Female Taurus Snake
Favorite Epica song :
Consign to Oblivion
Unleashed
The Obsessive Devotion

PostSubject: Re: Advice/Comfort Thread   Advice/Comfort  Thread I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 14, 2010 10:50 pm

Aww Eline, I'm glad she feels better. And I have the greatest hope that the results tomorrow will be good. Let us know dear. Hug
Back to top Go down
AnEpicJourney
Blank Infinity
Blank Infinity
AnEpicJourney

Female Posts : 447
Favorite Epica song : Almost every song from tPA and CtO + Fools of damnation, the Obsessive Devotion and tDC

PostSubject: Re: Advice/Comfort Thread   Advice/Comfort  Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 12:07 am

Hope that everything will be OK with her,Eline Hug

A week ago I had an operation on the nose because I had some problems.All is OK with it but until then I have headache all the time and my nose hurts too,it's awful.I know that you can't help me but I just wanted to tell somebody how I feel Smile
Back to top Go down
Eline
Fool Of Damnation
Fool Of Damnation
Eline

Female Virgo Dog

PostSubject: Re: Advice/Comfort Thread   Advice/Comfort  Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 3:35 am

Thanks both! <3

Get well soon sweetie! I hope the pain will decrease a lot these days. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sancta_Terra
Fool Of Damnation
Fool Of Damnation
Sancta_Terra

Female Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Advice/Comfort Thread   Advice/Comfort  Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 8:31 am

Ohh Eline I'm happy she feels better now Smile
She's gonna be okay I'm sure
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Advice/Comfort Thread   Advice/Comfort  Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 10:26 pm

Eline,I'm glad that she feels better! Very Happy

And Fran,recover soon my dear Hug
Back to top Go down
Eline
Fool Of Damnation
Fool Of Damnation
Eline

Female Virgo Dog

PostSubject: Re: Advice/Comfort Thread   Advice/Comfort  Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 11:31 pm

I'm so happy! It's a benign tumor. Very Happy But there was another little one, so they're going to remove both ovaries and the uterus, just to be sure that it won't bother her again. The surgery will take place within four weeks.
Back to top Go down
TidesOfTime
Quietus
Quietus
TidesOfTime

Female Scorpio Pig
Favorite Epica song : Tides Of Time, Solitary Ground, Our Destiny, This Is The Time.

PostSubject: Re: Advice/Comfort Thread   Advice/Comfort  Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 7:31 am

Eline, that's wonderful!!! I'm so glad that your grandma's going to be okay. Smile I'm sure that the surgery will go well too Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Eline
Fool Of Damnation
Fool Of Damnation
Eline

Female Virgo Dog

PostSubject: Re: Advice/Comfort Thread   Advice/Comfort  Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 9:14 pm

A little update on my granny. Smile

The surgeons removed two tumors, which were both benign. She's living here again, and she's doing fine. We celebrated Christmas together too ofcourse! She's very easily tired, but I take her for a walk every day, after school. She gained 2.1 kilograms since the surgery, which is a good thing, since she was underweight. She will take care of her own in two or three weeks. Smile

Thanks for the support loves. Hug
Back to top Go down
Manala
Sancta Terra
Sancta Terra
Manala

Female Cancer Dog

PostSubject: Re: Advice/Comfort Thread   Advice/Comfort  Thread I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 11:52 pm

That's amazing prgress she is making! <3 I'm so happy she's recovering.
Back to top Go down
magnoly
Replica
Replica
magnoly

Female Taurus Snake
Favorite Epica song :
Consign to Oblivion
Unleashed
The Obsessive Devotion

PostSubject: Re: Advice/Comfort Thread   Advice/Comfort  Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 12:52 am

That's so good to hear your grandma is doing better and better! Very Happy Huggle
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Advice/Comfort Thread   Advice/Comfort  Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 2:29 am

I'm so happy for you and your grandmother Eline! Smile It's great that she is recovering Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Advice/Comfort Thread   Advice/Comfort  Thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Advice/Comfort Thread
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next