Martyrs of the Free Word
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are under construction, but you are free to join us on the wait for 2012, the year of Epica!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Epica live at Kavarna Rock Fest,Bulgaria(23.07.2010)-review by me ;)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Favorite Epica song : Kingdom of Heaven
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

Epica live at Kavarna Rock Fest,Bulgaria(23.07.2010)-review by me ;) Empty
PostSubject: Epica live at Kavarna Rock Fest,Bulgaria(23.07.2010)-review by me ;)   Epica live at Kavarna Rock Fest,Bulgaria(23.07.2010)-review by me ;) I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 26, 2010 4:29 pm

On the 21st of July a girl named Cris had the most shocking suprise of her life.She got a ticket to Kavarna Rock Fest in Bulgaria!And yes she knew who was going to play there.EPICA of course<33.You can imagine how she felt like Razz.So there she was!

It was a very long trip but it was worth it<3.Kavarna is a very small and odd village,it's hard to imagine that it holds the most important festival in Bulgaria.What do I mean by odd?Ther were metal and rock singers painted on the buildings! Very Happy I almost pissed my pants when I saw Tarja on a building.

Then, I went to the stadium.The parking lot was nearby a graveyard/cemetery,very creepy place.And after I entered the gates there was another world!Thousands of metalheads all around Bulgaria,and some germans(So I wasn't the only foreigner Razz ) gathered to see Leaves's Eyes,Epica,Doro,Tarja and Atrocity(or Anihilator I don't remember) that night.There were merch stands everywhere.Camp sites,food sites,drink sites and toilet sites Razz I didnt expected something like that because at Artmania Festival it was a lot diffrent.I mean Sibiu is a big city and it was in the center of it,while here it was on a stadium,filled with green,green grass<3

I entered around 18:00 when Leaves' Eye s started to play.I haven't really listened to them before but they were okay.I can't tell anything about the setlist and stuff like that because I'm not really familair with them.However,I think I took some pictures of them.So LE fans PM me and I'll send them Smile (Oh and their bassist woman is so hot.Actually much more then Liv Wink )

Then,Epica soundcheck time<3.Willem was there,his soundcheck was marvelous.Coen and Arien did the keyboard and drum check themselves,so they were the first Epicans I've seen 10-15 metres in front of me(I was somewhere in the 5th row of people,on the left side of the stage) Arien did a drum solo before the show and it was beyond epic<3

At 19:15 the show started.I started to squee when I heared the very first noted of 'Samadhi'.Then BOOM! 'Resign to Surreneder' popped in.And guess who is always standing on the left side of the stage:Mark Jansen!He smiled and show his tongue to the crowd Razz Heh,funny guy.Unlike the videos I've seen on YouTube his live grunting sounds really brutal and powerfull.Actually the overall sound was more heavy than on the CD.AWESOMENESS.Then Simone came.I won't really complain about her outfit Razz.She sounded very good,a bit thinner than usually(well I dont like to comapre but when I saw NW last yer Anette souded very thin too,so maybe that's how singers sound live:thinner...).Isaac's guitar solo wasn't very loud but I could defintely hear it Very Happy

The next song was 'Sensorium'.While I never really liked this song before it was a BLAST live.Mark grunting 'I'm not afraid to die,I'm afraid to be alive without being aware of it' sent me chills.I always loved how he grunted on the album,but live it was 'wow' plus the following scream was...epic.'Nuff said.

Then I need to kill Simone.Before the next song,she mentioned that they were very pleased by the crowd,even before the show at the signing session.Signing session?What?Where??Oh yeah.I missed the singing session Epica live at Kavarna Rock Fest,Bulgaria(23.07.2010)-review by me ;) Icon_rolleyes It's not my fault I arrived later...
So where was I?Yeah,the next song was 'Unleashed'.Simone said it was her personal favorite(I knew it Razz ).Stangely enough I was one of the very few people that did headbanging(the people in the ctowd were like angels,they barely moved). I even hurt accidentally a few Razz But yes,this was a Simone highlight.She singed very good.

Then witout a single break the song fell into 'Martyr of the Free Word',which is one of my favorite songs.Now that was a BLAST.People started to headbang and jump all around.To be honest,I didn't really watched the band playing it because I was too busy heaving fun.Isaac's solo was flawless.Arien's drumming was unbelievable.I need to rewatch the footage again,to judge it better though.

And like it wasn't enough heaviness the next song was 'The Obsesssive Devotion' I didn't expected it to be played I thought it was going to be eighter 'Blank Infinity','Tides of Time' ot 'Seif Al Din'.But this choice was much better Razz .THIS SONG IS PROBABLY ONE OF THE BEST TO PLAY LIVE.Everytrhing was just so...wow.Very heavy riffs,Mark's grunts and screams were very powerful.But after finnishing her lines,Simone went off the stage.At this point,Coen looked in my direction.I dont know if he noticed me or not but who cares?Razz He looked there!

The next song?If I rember right it was my very first Epica song,and Epica's classic: 'Cry For The Moon!'I can't say much about it because I was stunned,astonished by the sound.I love how Simone let the crowd to sing along weith her the "oh oh os' and 'forever and ever'.EPIC.
Arien's additonal drum solo at the end was amazing.

It's time to jump and clap because the next song was 'Quietus' Defintately a highlight live.I dont know if it happened in this song or not but Issac switched places with Mark and pointed out in the crowd.He was pointing at...wait...me!!!??? Epica live at Kavarna Rock Fest,Bulgaria(23.07.2010)-review by me ;) Icon_eek I asked him with my finger if he was look there and he pointed again approving with his head.I could barely move.I mean Isaac Delahaye Epica's lead guitarist pointed,in a crowd of thousands of people full of pretty faces at MY ugly mug? Razz. How is that possible?Anyway,ths is an experience Iwill never forget.

Then it's time for 'Sancta Terra'.This song was never one of my faves ,but life it sounds amazingly awesome.They keyboard notes were flawless.Simone added some operatic notes over the choirs near the end of the song.Again,brilliant!

'Consign to Oblivion' another Epica classic ended the setlist.I can't say how EPIC it was.Mark was in front of me,he smiled in my direction.I hope he noticed me,but I doubt it anyway Razz )Yves was doing some funny faces in another side of the stage Razz.This performance was eargasm.After the instrumental section ,I started to growl along with Mark at 'Low...to the ground we fill safe...to the ground we feel brave'.I started to cry.Time flied too quick,and the show eneded,with the ending score song which I dont know what's it's name.It sounds like 'Piartes of the Carribean Medley' but uch shortwer.Mark throw water bottles(after he splahed the fans Razz),and many other stuff.and the they left the stage.

Then I ran as quickly as possible back stage along with some other fans but bad luck for me as the bodyguard said I am not allowed to go there Epica live at Kavarna Rock Fest,Bulgaria(23.07.2010)-review by me ;) Icon_lol Congrats,Cris for the failure!But who cares if I haven't met the band?I had such an amazing time,Isaac pointed at me,all the members looked at certain times in my side of the stage(except Arien who was behind the drum kit and Simone,was always in the center Epica live at Kavarna Rock Fest,Bulgaria(23.07.2010)-review by me ;) Icon_rolleyes )

After the show I've bought a TDC poster(the last one!) exactly from the place the band signed autographs a few hours before.It is very big,it's a TDC promo pic,and it's awesome.I also bought a Dream Theater t-shirt(how could I not resist Razz ) and ate something.Then,I had to leave because my hotel was far away,so I havent got the change to see Doro Sad or Tarja Razz .But I will certianly not forget that evening.Before I arrived it was a very powerful storm,but whn I arrived it was sunny.In a corner of the sky it was sun,and on the other it was full moon!It was so magical.I will never forget tis experience and I'm looking forward to see Epica live again as soon as possible! Very Happy
Tip for the Epica fans:MOVE YOUR ASSES AND GO TO SEE THEM LIVE.IT'S WORTH EVERYTHING<3

SETLIST*I hope I rember the right order*

Samadhi(Prelude)
Resign to Surrender
Sensorium
Unleashed
Martyr of the Free Word
The Obsessive Devotion

ENCORE:
Cry for the Moon
Quietus
Sancta Terra
Consign to Oblivion

PICTURES!(without copyright,steal 'em Wink )

A building with Uriah Heap painted on it Razz
Epica live at Kavarna Rock Fest,Bulgaria(23.07.2010)-review by me ;) Img_1610
Willem doing the guitar soundcheck and Coen behind:
Epica live at Kavarna Rock Fest,Bulgaria(23.07.2010)-review by me ;) Img_1611
Coen and Arien during the sounchecheck:
Epica live at Kavarna Rock Fest,Bulgaria(23.07.2010)-review by me ;) Img_1612
Mark<33
Epica live at Kavarna Rock Fest,Bulgaria(23.07.2010)-review by me ;) Img_1613
Coen and Mark headbanging:
Epica live at Kavarna Rock Fest,Bulgaria(23.07.2010)-review by me ;) Img_1614
Simone headbanging and Yves:
Epica live at Kavarna Rock Fest,Bulgaria(23.07.2010)-review by me ;) Img_1615
Yves<3
Epica live at Kavarna Rock Fest,Bulgaria(23.07.2010)-review by me ;) Img_1616
Yves and Isaac:
Epica live at Kavarna Rock Fest,Bulgaria(23.07.2010)-review by me ;) Img_1617
Simone and Yves(with Arien and Isaac on the corners)
Epica live at Kavarna Rock Fest,Bulgaria(23.07.2010)-review by me ;) Img_1618
Mark in the front,Simone and Yves in the back Wink (my favorite shot)
Epica live at Kavarna Rock Fest,Bulgaria(23.07.2010)-review by me ;) Img_1619
Simone,Yves and Isaac
Epica live at Kavarna Rock Fest,Bulgaria(23.07.2010)-review by me ;) Img_1620
The Mastermind<3with Coen behind
Epica live at Kavarna Rock Fest,Bulgaria(23.07.2010)-review by me ;) Img_1621
Smoontjes and Yves once again:
Epica live at Kavarna Rock Fest,Bulgaria(23.07.2010)-review by me ;) Img_1622
My future husband<3 and I spot Coen too Wink
Epica live at Kavarna Rock Fest,Bulgaria(23.07.2010)-review by me ;) Img_1624

Dont forget to click them to enalrge Wink

Well I have a few more but they are eighter 'blurry' or 'in motion'.
These ones arent good eighter,my zoom isnt very good Sad
No Arien unfortuntely,he was too far Sad

I hope you liked my review Smile Sorry it is so long Razz
Back to top Go down
magnoly
Replica
Replica
magnoly

Female Taurus Snake
Favorite Epica song :
Consign to Oblivion
Unleashed
The Obsessive Devotion

PostSubject: Re: Epica live at Kavarna Rock Fest,Bulgaria(23.07.2010)-review by me ;)   Epica live at Kavarna Rock Fest,Bulgaria(23.07.2010)-review by me ;) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 12:04 am

*breathe Gosia breathe* Cris you're the luckiest gril!!!!!!!! Such a surprise to get the tickets! Very Happy
I'm so so fucking happy for you! Very Happy
That's the most amazing review I have ever read! Wink
Too bad you didn't have the idea of signing session, but hey it actually doesn't matter as you GOT TO SEE THEM LIVE! Very Happy Ahhh can't belive it, but it's true! Smile
I can't find more words now, I'm gonna start to cry. Razz
Epica means so fucking much to me, and I am happy that you my dear friend got to see them. <3

Now bring on 30 of September, and it's my turn. Wink
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Epica live at Kavarna Rock Fest,Bulgaria(23.07.2010)-review by me ;)   Epica live at Kavarna Rock Fest,Bulgaria(23.07.2010)-review by me ;) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 12:25 am

Yeah,I didnt really expected to go there.Althought that waas my dream.And It came true Very Happy

You liked the review?Well to be honest it isn't my best and I rushed a bit while typng it,but I hope you understood everything of it Smile

Yes I had no idea Sad I mean how the hell could I know? Sad There wasn't anything announced on the Festival's site neighter on Epica's site.Plus I was caught in a powerfull storm on the road and I was worried that I couldnt arrive in time but I still had luck Smile

I know,I cant wait till you ae going to see them too,I hope you will share everything as well Wink

Back to top Go down
AnEpicJourney
Blank Infinity
Blank Infinity
AnEpicJourney

Female Posts : 447
Favorite Epica song : Almost every song from tPA and CtO + Fools of damnation, the Obsessive Devotion and tDC

PostSubject: Re: Epica live at Kavarna Rock Fest,Bulgaria(23.07.2010)-review by me ;)   Epica live at Kavarna Rock Fest,Bulgaria(23.07.2010)-review by me ;) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 12:28 am

This really was a great concert!! I was on the front row and epica were only 1-2 metres in front of me..during the concert the bind smiled at all of the fans who where near them <3 There was a signing session before the concert and I get autographs from all of them!! I have a photo with simone and mark and mark huged me!! it was soooo cool Smile)And your review is very good Smile Im so glad that you've liked Bulgaria Smile)
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Epica live at Kavarna Rock Fest,Bulgaria(23.07.2010)-review by me ;)   Epica live at Kavarna Rock Fest,Bulgaria(23.07.2010)-review by me ;) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 12:29 am

It's awesome you've got to meet them Very Happy I'm glad you liked my review Wink
Back to top Go down
magnoly
Replica
Replica
magnoly

Female Taurus Snake
Favorite Epica song :
Consign to Oblivion
Unleashed
The Obsessive Devotion

PostSubject: Re: Epica live at Kavarna Rock Fest,Bulgaria(23.07.2010)-review by me ;)   Epica live at Kavarna Rock Fest,Bulgaria(23.07.2010)-review by me ;) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 12:32 am

@Cris:
It's about seeing Epica, IT IS MY FAV. Smile

Yeah I know it's pretty annoying most of the time signing sessions are not announced. Don't know how people get to know :/

Yeah I heard about the strom, Epica was worried too. Wink

Of course I will, everything!!! Damn, it seems like ages till September, well October actually... Razz
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Epica live at Kavarna Rock Fest,Bulgaria(23.07.2010)-review by me ;)   Epica live at Kavarna Rock Fest,Bulgaria(23.07.2010)-review by me ;) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 12:38 am

Well you know EPICA is also my fave Wink

Yeah.I mean 'meeting and greeting packages''s are always announced when,where and at what time they are going to be... Rolling Eyes That's why I dont like festivals that much,I'd preffer a simple concert on a big theater,with an orchestra and about 2 hours long Razz But STILL,I got to see them life and my dream is acomplished! Very Happy

Yeah th storm was actually the most terrifyinf I saw in my life.Lightnings and thunders were a few metres above the car.I fraked out.It was even raining with ice,so we had to stop.Fortunetly the weather turn out to be sunny again in quite a short time Smile

Back to top Go down
Ene
Facade Of Reality
Facade Of Reality
Ene

Male Sagittarius Rooster
Favorite Epica song : All of them!

PostSubject: Re: Epica live at Kavarna Rock Fest,Bulgaria(23.07.2010)-review by me ;)   Epica live at Kavarna Rock Fest,Bulgaria(23.07.2010)-review by me ;) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 1:19 am

Wow that's so amazing you got to see them, glad you had fun and great review! Very Happy
Two months to Helsinki club show omgggg <3
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/eneuniverse
AnEpicJourney
Blank Infinity
Blank Infinity
AnEpicJourney

Female Posts : 447
Favorite Epica song : Almost every song from tPA and CtO + Fools of damnation, the Obsessive Devotion and tDC

PostSubject: Re: Epica live at Kavarna Rock Fest,Bulgaria(23.07.2010)-review by me ;)   Epica live at Kavarna Rock Fest,Bulgaria(23.07.2010)-review by me ;) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 1:25 am

I want soo much to go to Epica's club show!! I'm sure that it will be amazing Smile How many people will be there?(I'm asking because when there aren't much people it's easyer to meet the band and to talk with them^^) lucky you
Back to top Go down
magnoly
Replica
Replica
magnoly

Female Taurus Snake
Favorite Epica song :
Consign to Oblivion
Unleashed
The Obsessive Devotion

PostSubject: Re: Epica live at Kavarna Rock Fest,Bulgaria(23.07.2010)-review by me ;)   Epica live at Kavarna Rock Fest,Bulgaria(23.07.2010)-review by me ;) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 1:30 am

The venue of the show I'm going to in September is 1200 people. I hope to meet the band. Smile
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Epica live at Kavarna Rock Fest,Bulgaria(23.07.2010)-review by me ;)   Epica live at Kavarna Rock Fest,Bulgaria(23.07.2010)-review by me ;) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 1:42 am

Thanks Eetu.I hope ou will share your gig with us as well Smile

And Gosia 1200 people is not hat much,festivals have around 4000 up to 70 000 people(Wacken Razz ).And what kind of ticket do you have?If it is a VIP ticket you will surely get to meet them Smile
Back to top Go down
magnoly
Replica
Replica
magnoly

Female Taurus Snake
Favorite Epica song :
Consign to Oblivion
Unleashed
The Obsessive Devotion

PostSubject: Re: Epica live at Kavarna Rock Fest,Bulgaria(23.07.2010)-review by me ;)   Epica live at Kavarna Rock Fest,Bulgaria(23.07.2010)-review by me ;) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 1:59 am

I know it's not much, the venue is pretty small.
Yy I don't think there's even such thing like vip tickets for this show. :/ But I'm gonna look for them everywhere before and after show. Razz
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Epica live at Kavarna Rock Fest,Bulgaria(23.07.2010)-review by me ;)   Epica live at Kavarna Rock Fest,Bulgaria(23.07.2010)-review by me ;) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 2:02 am

Yeah that's it! Look after their tourbus.The best chance is to meet them there Wink

I dont have experinece of meeting bands and musicians,except for Mariangel from Tristania who I met accidentally Razz
Back to top Go down
magnoly
Replica
Replica
magnoly

Female Taurus Snake
Favorite Epica song :
Consign to Oblivion
Unleashed
The Obsessive Devotion

PostSubject: Re: Epica live at Kavarna Rock Fest,Bulgaria(23.07.2010)-review by me ;)   Epica live at Kavarna Rock Fest,Bulgaria(23.07.2010)-review by me ;) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 3:15 am

One of my friend got to their tourbus after show. And she was invited!!! Surprised
I'm starting to think what shall I say to them when I meet them. Razz
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Epica live at Kavarna Rock Fest,Bulgaria(23.07.2010)-review by me ;)   Epica live at Kavarna Rock Fest,Bulgaria(23.07.2010)-review by me ;) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 6:12 pm

Lucky friend Wink

Ask Mark if he'd marry you lol! Nah,ak him whatever you want Smile
Back to top Go down
Ene
Facade Of Reality
Facade Of Reality
Ene

Male Sagittarius Rooster
Favorite Epica song : All of them!

PostSubject: Re: Epica live at Kavarna Rock Fest,Bulgaria(23.07.2010)-review by me ;)   Epica live at Kavarna Rock Fest,Bulgaria(23.07.2010)-review by me ;) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 6:13 pm

The club i'm going to takes maximum 900 people i think.
I do hope they sell it out Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/eneuniverse
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Epica live at Kavarna Rock Fest,Bulgaria(23.07.2010)-review by me ;)   Epica live at Kavarna Rock Fest,Bulgaria(23.07.2010)-review by me ;) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 27, 2010 6:16 pm

I love when Epica goes sold-out Razz .They will surely come again like in NY when they'll be back there this year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Epica live at Kavarna Rock Fest,Bulgaria(23.07.2010)-review by me ;)   Epica live at Kavarna Rock Fest,Bulgaria(23.07.2010)-review by me ;) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Epica live at Kavarna Rock Fest,Bulgaria(23.07.2010)-review by me ;)
Page 1 of 1