Martyrs of the Free Word
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are under construction, but you are free to join us on the wait for 2012, the year of Epica!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Epica @ De Schakel, Reuver (16-10) review

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Eline
Fool Of Damnation
Fool Of Damnation
Eline

Female Virgo Dog
Favorite Epica song : Consign to Oblivion

Epica @ De Schakel, Reuver (16-10) review Empty
PostSubject: Epica @ De Schakel, Reuver (16-10) review   Epica @ De Schakel, Reuver (16-10) review I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 3:07 am

As promised, I'll write you a review! Not that I'm very good at writing reviews, though.

The 16th I already woke up at 8:30, 'cause I was so nervous that I could barely sleep: I was going to see Epica again! My dad & I left around 13:45 and we arrived in Reuver at 16:15. When we came into the venue, 'Limburge vlaai' (cake from Limburg, province of Reuver in Holland), tea and coffee was served! After like, half an hour, the quiz of the fanclubmeeting started. When I came into the venue I got a number 1, which stood for 'team Mark'. We didn't win, I think we ended up as the losing team after all. Laughing The questions weren't always Epica-related so our team sucked a bit.
After the quiz we had dinner (Chinese, hmmm!). Since I wasn't that hungry I went outside to buy This Is The Time and then I headed off to the doors, waiting for them to be opened so I would be in the first row! I did, but since I can't run that fastly because of my ankle I was standing on the right in front of Isaac's spot. My dad was also joining me on the first row for the first time, normally he is standing somewhere at the end of the venue and watching from a distance. :') The venue wasn't that big, but it looked nice and cosy!
At 20:30 (I believe, can't remember that cleary) the support act started the evening: Rage on Stage. They're a Rise Against The Machine coverband, and to be honest, RATM isn't my cup of tea. The audience seemed to liked them and they warmed it up a little, except for me and a few others. When they left the stage (finally, sigh) the last things for Epica got checked and they kicked off the evening with Samadhi/Resign to Surrender! The band seemed to enjoy it a lot to play in Reuver after so many years, since it's the 'base' of Epica.
After RtS Sensorium was played and Epica did some epic headbanging! The crowd was totally going wild and was clapping along, etc. After Sensorium we had a guest: Claudia, the bellydancer! She entered the stage in some epic butterfly-like outfit and did a great job during Fools of Damnation. After CtO Isaac threw me his bottle! Very Happy
We had an amazing setlist, Epica did a great job and I bought the new single! Can one have a better evening?
The answer: YES.
I died when I took pics with Isaac, Mark and Simone. ('cause my dad isn't used to my camera only half of Ariën was on our pic, a pity) They recognised me and I Isaac was too kind to be, asking about my bday etc! He was very ethusiastic about the fact that I'm also attending this Sunday. When I told him I turned 16, he said: "Then you can have a beer with me!"

Fangirl

ANYWAYS.
I want to thank Epica (and TFA staff!) for the amazing evening, it was unforgettable! Very Happy

Setlist:

Samadhi
Resign to Surrender
Sensorium
Fools of Damnation
Cry for the Moon
The Imperial March
Tides of Time
Unleashed
Martyr of the Free Word
The Last Crusade
Kingdom of Heaven

Sancta Terra
Quietus
Façade of Reality
Consign to Oblivion

Edit: Some where in-between these songs The Obsessive Devotion was played, I can't remember when.
Back to top Go down
http://www.Eline.t83.net

PostSubject: Re: Epica @ De Schakel, Reuver (16-10) review   Epica @ De Schakel, Reuver (16-10) review I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 4:50 am

That sure is an amazing setlist!
Back to top Go down
AnEpicJourney
Blank Infinity
Blank Infinity
AnEpicJourney

Female Posts : 447
Favorite Epica song : Almost every song from tPA and CtO + Fools of damnation, the Obsessive Devotion and tDC

PostSubject: Re: Epica @ De Schakel, Reuver (16-10) review   Epica @ De Schakel, Reuver (16-10) review I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 8:10 pm

What an evening!It seems that you had a great time!And what Isaac said to you is so nice Dancing
Back to top Go down
magnoly
Replica
Replica
magnoly

Female Taurus Snake
Favorite Epica song :
Consign to Oblivion
Unleashed
The Obsessive Devotion

PostSubject: Re: Epica @ De Schakel, Reuver (16-10) review   Epica @ De Schakel, Reuver (16-10) review I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 9:49 pm

Thank you for the review Eline! I'm happy you had such an amazing evening! Very Happy
The setlist indeed looks brilliant, and that's great you took pics with them. Smile
Back to top Go down
Eline
Fool Of Damnation
Fool Of Damnation
Eline

Female Virgo Dog
Favorite Epica song : Consign to Oblivion

PostSubject: Re: Epica @ De Schakel, Reuver (16-10) review   Epica @ De Schakel, Reuver (16-10) review I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 11:52 pm

I surely had a great time, thank you! Huggle
Back to top Go down
http://www.Eline.t83.net
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Favorite Epica song : Kingdom of Heaven
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Epica @ De Schakel, Reuver (16-10) review   Epica @ De Schakel, Reuver (16-10) review I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 2:08 am

Great setlist!It's kind unusual to see Unleashed and MotFW at the end of the first set.GReat review,it seems you had a great time! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Epica @ De Schakel, Reuver (16-10) review   Epica @ De Schakel, Reuver (16-10) review I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Epica @ De Schakel, Reuver (16-10) review
Page 1 of 1