Martyrs of the Free Word
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are under construction, but you are free to join us on the wait for 2012, the year of Epica!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Within Temptation

Go down 
+16
Elodie Artour
Sancta_Terra
sweet sorrow
Manala
Eline
AnEpicJourney
Black Halo Angel
xut0piax
Dragana
Bram
diego_jansen
Ene
magnoly
TheAsylum
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Gargamel
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Sancta_Terra
Fool Of Damnation
Fool Of Damnation
Sancta_Terra

Female Scorpio Rooster
Favorite Epica song : Mother of Light

Within Temptation - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation   Within Temptation - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 23, 2010 11:48 pm

^I'm seeing them when they do the South American tooourrr

The Unforgiving

Recently we’ve started giving clues on the website about our concept album. As you might have noticed our concept album is going to be based on a comic book series, written by Steven O’Connell (BloodRayne & Dark 48). We’ve asked comic artist Romano Molenaar (Witchblade, Darkness and X-men) to draw the characters and scenery.

The new album and comic will be titled: “The Unforgiving”.

On this album, we’ve taken a totally different approach. Each song on “The Unforgiving” was written along Steven’s narrative. The main characters of the comic are reflecting the characters of our songs. The concept pushed us and gave inspiration to come up with a new approach in our sound. It resulted in writing our best songs so far.

We have been big comic fans since our childhood. With this album we felt the time was there to take a new step in our creative development, take it further and broaden our horizon. Next to the concept form of the album, the songs are more divers than ever before. In addition, the music of the late 80ies, that’s when we started to read comic books, certainly has left a mark on our new sound.

For the new album which will be released March 2011, we’re working together with producer: Daniel Gibson. Daniel worked also on “The Silent Force” and “The Heart of Everything”.

Love
Back to top Go down
Elodie Artour
Quietus
Quietus
Elodie Artour

Female Posts : 84

PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation   Within Temptation - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 24, 2010 2:22 am

I love WT! <3 They're among my favourite bands. Sharon herself is gorgeous - astonishingly beautiful and damn talented! She may indeed not have such a well-developed technique but she does an incredible job live; she simply owns the songs! I also love her dressing style - it has always been extravagant and unique, although I still prefer the long dresses. Razz

As for WT's music, I find it melodic and extremely emotional - something I always search for in art. My favourite album by them is definitely 'The Silent Force,' even though I consider 'Mother Earth' their best one ever.

I totally dislike "Utopia" and I don't really enjoy the direction the band has taken ever since 'The Heart of Everything' has come out. Dunno what to expect of 'The Unforgiving,' either...
Back to top Go down
TheDeadDream
Quietus
Quietus
TheDeadDream

Female Libra Dog
Favorite Epica song : Hard to chose,but I'll go for The Obissesive Devotion Smile

PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation   Within Temptation - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 10:21 pm

XxfrozenbutterflyxX wrote:
I'm going to see them..somewhere in time Razz No tour date in my country. Sad

Mda,Romania e Romania ce sa-i ceri? Sad

Yes,Romania is Romania.What to except from it?

But...I'd be great to have Epica + WT at ARTmania in Sibiu next year...
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Favorite Epica song : Kingdom of Heaven
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation   Within Temptation - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 7:21 pm

^Unfortuntely WT will not come here next year eighter because Sharon got pregnant again...

But Epica at ARTmania would be cool,but I'd rather enjoy an Epica concert at a club.Wink
Back to top Go down
TheDeadDream
Quietus
Quietus
TheDeadDream

Female Libra Dog
Favorite Epica song : Hard to chose,but I'll go for The Obissesive Devotion Smile

PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation   Within Temptation - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 10, 2010 10:09 pm

^ Yes,I had totally forgot abour Sharon's pregnacy Laughing

Would not be a bad idea,Epica at ARTmania...and about the club,I'd go if I can Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sancta_Terra
Fool Of Damnation
Fool Of Damnation
Sancta_Terra

Female Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation   Within Temptation - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 5:21 am

XxfrozenbutterflyxX wrote:
^Unfortuntely WT will not come here next year eighter because Sharon got pregnant again...

But Epica at ARTmania would be cool,but I'd rather enjoy an Epica concert at a club.Wink

I know, shit, I really wanted to see them touring again. Do them know what birth control is? XD

Nah I'm really happy for them.
another WT baby Love
Back to top Go down
Elodie Artour
Quietus
Quietus
Elodie Artour

Female Posts : 84

PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation   Within Temptation - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 1:27 am

Hey! Have you guys watched the new WT video already? I personally dislike the song and I don't think it'll grow on me...

http://www.within-temptation.com/headlines/%E2%80%9Cwhere-is-the-edge%E2%80%9D/

P.S.: Y'know what? The weird thing is I used to think Sharon had only given birth to one child, whereas it actually turned out she was already pregnant with a thrid one... What the... ?! lol!
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation   Within Temptation - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 3:52 am

Yes I did!I actually like the song,it's a new Era to WT! Smile But I think it will grow on me though and I think there will be better songs on the album Wink

Yes,when I became a WT fan Eva Luna was Sharon's and Robert's only child,than Robin saw the light of day last year,.and now the next baby should be out somwhere this spring/summer...time passes really fast Wink
Back to top Go down
TidesOfTime
Quietus
Quietus
TidesOfTime

Female Scorpio Pig
Favorite Epica song : Tides Of Time, Solitary Ground, Our Destiny, This Is The Time.

PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation   Within Temptation - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 12:26 pm

Time passes very fast! Like seriously, where did 2010 go?? Just saying...

Anyhoo... WT. Love them! My most favorite band EVER, they got me hooked on female-fronted metal (namely Epica, Nightwish, After Forever, Tarja, even Evanescence!). Their new song 'Where Is The Edge' is really something different, but a good kind of different! I like it a lot. I don't think that Within Temptation is poppish at all. If people want to listen to pop, maybe try, I dunno, maybe Lady GaGa or Justin Bieber (eesh... Razz)! WT has maybe gotten a bit more commercial, but they are loyal to their fans, and that is a really important attribute for a band to have, and even now there are some artists/groups out there that aren't totally grateful to their fans. Not mentioning names -cough- of course. Also, WT kicks ass live, they are just spectacular! And while Sharon might not have the greatest technique, her vocie is gorgeous and emotional, the most beautiful and emotional voice I've ever heard (with the exception of Simone of course!), and that is something that just can't be beat.

I'm terribly sorry if I have bored you with my mini-book that I have just written, just needed to share my thoughts Smile
Back to top Go down
Sancta_Terra
Fool Of Damnation
Fool Of Damnation
Sancta_Terra

Female Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation   Within Temptation - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 12:44 pm

^As you I think the song 'Where is the Edge' doesn't sound different at all, it is just WT. Very Happy And I don't like when people label it as pop because it isn't; and maybe the song sounds a little bit commercial because: 1.- The fans have been waiting a lot for the album 2.- Their songs have appeared recently on American Tv Series so they want to reach public 3.-It's the first single for the album in some way it has to be a little bit commercial

As a conclusion I gotta say "I LOVE IT"
Back to top Go down
TidesOfTime
Quietus
Quietus
TidesOfTime

Female Scorpio Pig
Favorite Epica song : Tides Of Time, Solitary Ground, Our Destiny, This Is The Time.

PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation   Within Temptation - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 2:04 am

^You are right, if it's the first single, it needs to be a bit commercial! I actually watched that particular episode of the TV series that the song was on, it was quite nice, I kinda.... screamed. Haha. And I thought I'd lose my mind without any new WT, so I'm glad they released something for us. My dad said he wouldn't classify WT as pop, but not as metal either... We settled it with symphonic rock Smile
Back to top Go down
Sancta_Terra
Fool Of Damnation
Fool Of Damnation
Sancta_Terra

Female Scorpio Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation   Within Temptation - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 3:40 am

^Yeah they even call themselves in the official page as rock music band Very Happy
Your dad likes WT? Badass Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TidesOfTime
Quietus
Quietus
TidesOfTime

Female Scorpio Pig

PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation   Within Temptation - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 19, 2010 4:10 am

Hehe. He says he doesn't mind them, he'd rather I listen to WT and symphonic/power/gothic metal than rap and such. I got my mom hooked on the song 'Mother Earth', one of my favorites!!
Back to top Go down
aisza
Quietus
Quietus
aisza

Female Posts : 46

PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation   Within Temptation - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 8:52 pm

Oh, Within Temptation used to by my very favourite band for a long time. But nowadays I listen to them really seldom. At the beginning of my journey with WT I'd liked each their song but it has changed. Now I like Enter and The Dance albums the most. On seconds place there's Mother Earth and on the third The Silent Force. To be honest I don't really like The Heart of Everything, only a few songs like Our Solemn Hour and The Truth Beneath The Rose.

When I heard the new song for the first time I was really upset. I didn't expect that they can write sng like this at all. Although it's better than Utopia. Now I like it more but I still don't feel it. And I really want them to record an album titled, Enter 2. But I know, my dreams won't come true.
Where is the Edge is only a single and it has to be more commercial than the other songs from the album so I still hope that they will surpire me well in march. But even they won't I'll go to their show in Warsaw beacuse it has been one of my dreams and I just have to make it come true Wink
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation   Within Temptation - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 10:04 pm

To be honest I wouldn't like them to record 'Enter 2'.Not necause I dislike Enter,it's actually my 2nd fave albm by themBut bands evolve,.they need to change their sound through time Wink Although the new direction WT is taking might not be the best,but they are progressing.They might loose some of the old fans,but increase new Smile
Back to top Go down
TidesOfTime
Quietus
Quietus
TidesOfTime

Female Scorpio Pig

PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation   Within Temptation - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 6:53 am

Ahh! They'll never lose me!!! *fangirls over Sharon's gorgeousness*
Back to top Go down
aisza
Quietus
Quietus
aisza

PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation   Within Temptation - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 6:05 pm

Cris, I totally understand it, but you know I loved this band thanks to their pretty and magical music on Enter or even Mother Earth. I know that bands sometime want to change something in their music but I prefer them to improve it and in my opinion WT''s music is becoming worse and worse. And boring as well. I've read somewhere that they wnat to completely resist the orchestral and symphonic elements and those elements are that's why I loved them.

Now, when I listen to th Where is the Edge or Utopia I don't feel anything, any pleasure, hapiness nothing. And I do when I listen for example Gatekeeper (my favourite song) or The Promise. Then They weren't so commercial and now I often hear their music in commercial as well radios when I can also hear for example Jonas Brothers. It's sad because a lot of my schoolmate compare Within Temptation to them because they know only the newest stuff.

I've been afraid of they future since I heard Utopia for the first time. Then I knew that They'll never record anything as good as their firts two albums. Sad but true Sad
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation   Within Temptation - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 31, 2010 8:22 pm

Yes in some points I agree with you,the first two albums have that magical feeling in themand that's why they are my favorite.But there's nothing we can do.It's the bands's right to to the music they like to do,.and I think they shouldn't be pressured by the fans.Just my opinion,and as I said they'll lose some old fans and gain new ones . Wink
Back to top Go down
magnoly
Replica
Replica
magnoly

Female Taurus Snake
Favorite Epica song :
Consign to Oblivion
Unleashed
The Obsessive Devotion

PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation   Within Temptation - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 3:27 am

aisza wrote:
Oh, Within Temptation used to by my very favourite band for a long time. But nowadays I listen to them really seldom. At the beginning of my journey with WT I'd liked each their song but it has changed. Now I like Enter and The Dance albums the most. On seconds place there's Mother Earth and on the third The Silent Force. To be honest I don't really like The Heart of Everything, only a few songs like Our Solemn Hour and The Truth Beneath The Rose.

When I heard the new song for the first time I was really upset. I didn't expect that they can write sng like this at all. Although it's better than Utopia. Now I like it more but I still don't feel it. And I really want them to record an album titled, Enter 2. But I know, my dreams won't come true.
Where is the Edge is only a single and it has to be more commercial than the other songs from the album so I still hope that they will surpire me well in march. But even they won't I'll go to their show in Warsaw beacuse it has been one of my dreams and I just have to make it come true Wink

We can meet at the WT show in October, I'll be there too! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
aisza
Quietus
Quietus
aisza

PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation   Within Temptation - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 02, 2011 7:03 am

Cris, of course They shouldn't but each fan can have own opinion about their music. As you said, they will lose old fans but also gain new. And they'll never loose (although I don't like calling me a fan) because I love this band thanks to the older stuff and thenks to them I discovered many amazing bands and I still remember what had their music meant to me and I've got a huge sentiment to Within Temptation and I'll still have it whtever happens Wink

Magnoly, how nice Wink I had quite big group to their concert in march beofre WT reshulded their tourdates. Now most of my friends will go to Kraków and my teamt to Warsaw is about 4/5 people. So if we will meet our chance (mine and yours) to be close to the scene increase. So We have to meet. Am I right? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
magnoly
Replica
Replica
magnoly

Female Taurus Snake
Favorite Epica song :
Consign to Oblivion
Unleashed
The Obsessive Devotion

PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation   Within Temptation - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 1:37 am

Of course, we're meeting then! Very Happy I'm going with a friend, her dad and my aunt. But there I will also meet with other two girls, so it'll be just us then. So we will make a pretty nice group, gotta be first row. Very Happy Where do you exactly live if I may know? And call me Gosia, please. Smile
Back to top Go down
aisza
Quietus
Quietus
aisza

PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation   Within Temptation - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 3:22 am

Of course, I will all you Gosia. I just hadn't known your real name before you told me so I'd called you using your nick Very Happy I live in Nowy Tomyśl, something abou 60 kilometers away from Poznań Smile And You? Smile
Back to top Go down
magnoly
Replica
Replica
magnoly

Female Taurus Snake
Favorite Epica song :
Consign to Oblivion
Unleashed
The Obsessive Devotion

PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation   Within Temptation - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 2:36 am

I live in Leszno, 80km away from Poznań Very Happy So we're pretty close to each other after all. Smile
Back to top Go down
aisza
Quietus
Quietus
aisza

PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation   Within Temptation - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 12:29 am

Yes, really close Smile Moreover, I've got a family in Leszno Very Happy
Back to top Go down
magnoly
Replica
Replica
magnoly

Female Taurus Snake
Favorite Epica song :
Consign to Oblivion
Unleashed
The Obsessive Devotion

PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation   Within Temptation - Page 6 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 05, 2011 12:37 am

Wow, that's cool Very Happy Who knows, maybe I even know your family Wink
Can't wait to meet you in October. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Within Temptation   Within Temptation - Page 6 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Within Temptation
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Martyrs of the Free Word :: General :: Other Music-
Jump to: