Martyrs of the Free Word
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are under construction, but you are free to join us on the wait for 2012, the year of Epica!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

First song, and how did you discover Epica?

Go down 
+21
aisza
TidesOfTime
InSilentTears
HatredGrows
Elodie Artour
soyhann
Phlegethon
MinaSophia
Marit
xut0piax
Tomoe-chan
menaceOFvanity
Dragana
lilithday
Bram
johnstonestreet
magnoly
Ene
EpicaHolic
TheAsylum
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Favorite Epica song : Kingdom of Heaven
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

First song, and how did you discover Epica? Empty
PostSubject: First song, and how did you discover Epica?   First song, and how did you discover Epica? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 11:17 pm

Tell us how you felt in love for Epica Smile
------------------------------------------------
My first song was almost obviously Cry For The Moon(The We Will Take You With Us version),and I was like "Wow,I never heared that type of music before they're cool!"That was somewhere in the end of 2007,if I remember correctly.So A few weeks later I bought The Divine Conspiracy but after listening to it I was like "Eww,this music isn't for me,too heavy for my taste"so I haven't listened for several months(at that time I was only listening to WT and NW,as I just got into metal at that time).Then,in the middle of 2008(june?)I said that I should give TDC another change and it has grown on me a bit more,so I immediately bough TPA,CTO and The Score,and I was completely surprised how Epic were Epica Laughing .And nowadays I can easily listen to TDC,and I once felt asleep while listening(it was night so forgive me Razz )

That's my "Epic" Journey" Laughing
Back to top Go down
TheAsylum
Blank Infinity
Blank Infinity
TheAsylum

Female Capricorn Pig
Favorite Epica song : Burn to a Cinder

PostSubject: Re: First song, and how did you discover Epica?   First song, and how did you discover Epica? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 11:27 pm

I discovered Epica via "My Favourite female fronted metal singers" videos on YT I though they were cool and listened to Cry For The Moon since I never listened to growls before Epica I didn't like it then I listened to Never Enough and LOVED it this was late 2007 I tried and tried and tried to listen to more but Marks growls scared me (yeah I was 11 stupid me) then I listened and listened and listened some more then was hooked I downloaded their TDC album then bought it and I have been an Epica fanatic every since now I LOVE 'em

Last edited by MetalHeadLiz on Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

PostSubject: Re: First song, and how did you discover Epica?   First song, and how did you discover Epica? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 11:56 pm

^You were 11 in 2007 Wink

Nice story by the way Smile
Back to top Go down
TheAsylum
Blank Infinity
Blank Infinity
TheAsylum

Female Capricorn Pig
Favorite Epica song : Burn to a Cinder

PostSubject: Re: First song, and how did you discover Epica?   First song, and how did you discover Epica? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 11:59 pm

oh yeah so I was
Back to top Go down
EpicaHolic
Quietus
Quietus
EpicaHolic

Female Libra Rooster

PostSubject: Re: First song, and how did you discover Epica?   First song, and how did you discover Epica? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 12:16 am

So my 1st song was "Never Enough", I discoved it on YT, with the music video! Then I started to love it and discovered new songs like Cry for the Moon, The Obssessive Devotion, Death of a Dream, Illusive Consensus and Sensorium... Now they are my absolutly favourite band!
Back to top Go down
Ene
Facade Of Reality
Facade Of Reality
Ene

Male Sagittarius Rooster
Favorite Epica song : All of them!

PostSubject: Re: First song, and how did you discover Epica?   First song, and how did you discover Epica? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 12:43 am

My first Epica song was Quietus, i heard it on somebody's queen's of metal video.
(Funny thing was that i heard AF just before Epica and though about it that this is my new favourite metal band, haha and then i heard Epica which topped it immediatly)
I listened to lots of songs i could find on youtube and then downloaded TPA, it was actually week before the release of TDC haha, and well i loved it, bought We Will Take You With Us cd version, and here we are!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/eneuniverse
magnoly
Replica
Replica
magnoly

Female Taurus Snake
Favorite Epica song :
Consign to Oblivion
Unleashed
The Obsessive Devotion

PostSubject: Re: First song, and how did you discover Epica?   First song, and how did you discover Epica? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 10:41 pm

My first song was Cry For The Moon. Wink It was back in 2005, at the time I also discovered Within Temptation. I totally loved it, and so I searched for more Epica, downloaded their two albums, listened to them maybe two or three times, and hmm... left it like that. But after TDC was released I got back to them, the new album totally blew me away and I got obsessed. Razz Now I am a true and faithful fan. Very Happy What will last! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
johnstonestreet
Quietus
Quietus

PostSubject: Re: First song, and how did you discover Epica?   First song, and how did you discover Epica? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 12:27 am

I was looking for some fast paced Classical music with a Metal touch. I googled "Fast Classical Music" and ended up at Wikipedia.org with "Symphonic Metal." I looked over the page and saw Nightwish and Epica. So, I looked them up on Youtube and saw "Fascade of Reality." I was hooked then. Unfortunately, that song is not available on Itunes nor in Stores here in the US.
I had to buy the CD's thru Amazon.com. The CD had to be imported from Europe.
"Cry for the Moon" was available on Itunes and bought all of their albums that were available. Can't get enough of Epica. Can't wait for their US Tour.
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

PostSubject: Re: First song, and how did you discover Epica?   First song, and how did you discover Epica? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 12:29 am

Hey,welcome to the forum! First song, and how did you discover Epica? Icon_smile Please go to introduce yourself at the introductions thread First song, and how did you discover Epica? Icon_wink
Back to top Go down
Bram
Quietus
Quietus
Bram

Male Leo Goat
Favorite Epica song : Cry for The Moon

PostSubject: Re: First song, and how did you discover Epica?   First song, and how did you discover Epica? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2009 1:01 am

Cry For the Moon was broadcasted on TV, but I didn't care, all I knew was that someone was from my town. Because I got a Epica sticker years ago. So I didn't really fall in love because of a certain song, more because of the classic music mixed with guitars and that was really suprising me. Music started to become my life since then.
Back to top Go down
http://www.reverbnation.com/shalott
lilithday
Quietus
Quietus
lilithday

Female Leo Goat

PostSubject: Re: First song, and how did you discover Epica?   First song, and how did you discover Epica? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 04, 2009 12:31 pm

Mine, was Cry for the Moon. It was accidentaly. I was just looking for a nice song to download, is was in 2004 more or less... and searching on google I found the name Epica, I downloaded it and felt in love since then. I never heard something like that before: choir, symphonies and the beautiful Simone's voice. I just wanted more and more and more.

/happyending
Back to top Go down
Dragana
Quietus
Quietus
Dragana

Female Taurus Pig

PostSubject: Re: First song, and how did you discover Epica?   First song, and how did you discover Epica? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 19, 2009 3:54 pm

well...i don't remember which song was the first one,maybe Mother of Light Laughing it was something like a year ago,year and a half.I got fast internet,so i started searching for other bands (i was already hooked on Nightwish and Within Temptation,got their songs from a friend) on youtube. So i got to those "metal queens" videos. And Simone was in every single one Laughing i found their music REALY weird...so i was just wondering "what the hell is that girl with orange hair singing" lol xD then i started listening to Epica songs...and the rest is history xP
Back to top Go down
menaceOFvanity
Quietus
Quietus

Male Virgo Dragon
Favorite Epica song :
Design your universe
Facade of reality
Run for a fall
Kingdom of Heaven
Fools of damnation

PostSubject: Re: First song, and how did you discover Epica?   First song, and how did you discover Epica? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 12:45 am

it was early 2006 and I had youtube open in front of me. I was thinking "hm I want to listen some new band what has a female singer and it's pretty much metal". found Epica and Cry for the Moon. After 1minute I realised that I've never ever had felt the same way straight away. I remember it being like a trauma - in a positive way of course. I'm not actually kidding or coloring this. It was a big shock to me. I just love 'em so much <3
Back to top Go down
Tomoe-chan
Quietus
Quietus
Tomoe-chan

Female Capricorn Monkey

PostSubject: Re: First song, and how did you discover Epica?   First song, and how did you discover Epica? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 7:48 pm

hmm i heard Cry for the moon given to me by my friend 4 years ago and i thought it's a really bad song and sime's vocals suck but then let's say a year and a half ago i heard it again along with mother of light (i still had it on my computer) and instantly fell in love with it. weird isn't it? XD
Back to top Go down
Dragana
Quietus
Quietus
Dragana

Female Taurus Pig

PostSubject: Re: First song, and how did you discover Epica?   First song, and how did you discover Epica? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 8:59 pm

yeah,pretty weird Laughing

I don't know why,but Mother of Light has never grown up on me xD it was always "THE weird song" xD

Seems like everyone except me started with CFTM xD
Back to top Go down
xut0piax
Quietus
Quietus
xut0piax

Male Leo Goat

PostSubject: Re: First song, and how did you discover Epica?   First song, and how did you discover Epica? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 9:06 pm

I Heard There Music Back At The Start Of 2008 but never really took much interest

Its only been this year that i have and the first song i ever listened to was cry for the moon i could kick myself for not knowing them earlier they are soooooo awesome i love them! Cool
Back to top Go down
Dragana
Quietus
Quietus
Dragana

Female Taurus Pig

PostSubject: Re: First song, and how did you discover Epica?   First song, and how did you discover Epica? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 9:15 pm

another one with CFTM Laughing

Don't worry,everybody makes mistakes Razz What matters is that you realized how great they are,and came here to share your love for Epica with us ^^ Laughing
Back to top Go down
xut0piax
Quietus
Quietus
xut0piax

Male Leo Goat

PostSubject: Re: First song, and how did you discover Epica?   First song, and how did you discover Epica? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 9:22 pm

Ha lol Wink yeah i kinda wish i knew them before! ><

I hear cry for the moon alot from people that know epica so it must be a big song i guess thats the only one i knew of back then until i looked deep into the band and started listen to the other old songs and got into them

And yes i joined to share my love of epica! with you guys!! everyone on this forum seems so nice! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Dragana
Quietus
Quietus
Dragana

Female Taurus Pig

PostSubject: Re: First song, and how did you discover Epica?   First song, and how did you discover Epica? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 9:31 pm

well,you know,i also discovered them something like a year ago,year and a half.And i also wish i knew them before.But,know what?No regrets,just enjoy their music,we've got enough time Razz

Yeah,CFTM is actualy a very important song....

I'm glad if you're happy with the forum Very Happy
Back to top Go down
xut0piax
Quietus
Quietus
xut0piax

Male Leo Goat

PostSubject: Re: First song, and how did you discover Epica?   First song, and how did you discover Epica? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 9:55 pm

Yes i will enjoy the music i hope for them to stay around for along time they are awesome

for as long as they can! at least

CFTM Is a brillant song!!
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

PostSubject: Re: First song, and how did you discover Epica?   First song, and how did you discover Epica? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 10:21 pm

Lol.I wish I knew them before too,but unfortunetely I only did in late 2007 First song, and how did you discover Epica? Icon_lol

But I'm not complaining.Late is better than never First song, and how did you discover Epica? Icon_wink
Back to top Go down
Marit
Quietus
Quietus
Marit

Female Sagittarius Rooster

PostSubject: Re: First song, and how did you discover Epica?   First song, and how did you discover Epica? I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 29, 2009 2:04 pm

Hmm in 2007 I started listening to Nightwish and I wanted to get know more bands like that. So I searched the net and found Epica. I think the first song was Cry For The Moon . I fell in love with Epica the moment I heard them. Amazing band
Back to top Go down
MinaSophia
Quietus
Quietus
MinaSophia

Female Cancer Goat

PostSubject: Re: First song, and how did you discover Epica?   First song, and how did you discover Epica? I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 6:46 am

My first song was "Solitary Ground" and I really didn't like. I heard so many good things about Epica and I was frustrated by this song...
But a bit later, I decided to try again, but now with another song, this song was - "Illusive Consensus". And I was mesmerized...
So I have two "first" songs of Epica. And now I love both of them =)
Back to top Go down
Phlegethon
Quietus
Quietus
Phlegethon

PostSubject: Re: First song, and how did you discover Epica?   First song, and how did you discover Epica? I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 23, 2010 11:42 pm

my first Epica's song was Illusive Consensus.. when i heard this song absulutely i was very impressed! but i dont remember how was listen this song Very Happy i guess i listened 3 or 4 years ago. And then i wondered band so i was looking on internet. I saw Simone's picture after that i was sooo jealous because of her hair Very Happy and now, i love this Band soo much!
Back to top Go down
soyhann
Quietus
Quietus
soyhann

Male Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: First song, and how did you discover Epica?   First song, and how did you discover Epica? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 6:16 am

back in 2005 i listened cry for the moon. a friend sent it to me. at first i didn't like it. what the hell, is this a cathedral song? choirs and...
BUT big love starts with big hate.. after i listened to it a second time..it didn't sound bad. and that went on for a while. after i discovered the phantom agny album and followed by consign to oblivion album, they (epica) became my favourite thing in the world.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First song, and how did you discover Epica?   First song, and how did you discover Epica? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First song, and how did you discover Epica?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next