Martyrs of the Free Word
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are under construction, but you are free to join us on the wait for 2012, the year of Epica!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

First song, and how did you discover Epica?

Go down 
+21
aisza
TidesOfTime
InSilentTears
HatredGrows
Elodie Artour
soyhann
Phlegethon
MinaSophia
Marit
xut0piax
Tomoe-chan
menaceOFvanity
Dragana
lilithday
Bram
johnstonestreet
magnoly
Ene
EpicaHolic
TheAsylum
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Elodie Artour
Quietus
Quietus
Elodie Artour

Female Posts : 84

First song, and how did you discover Epica? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: First song, and how did you discover Epica?   First song, and how did you discover Epica? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2010 1:45 am

I think I found out about Epica somewhere on the Internet (can't think of an exact year, though) . The band had already released "Consign To Oblivion" a while ago and they gradually started to gain lots of success and popularity in the world of metal. I'm into a lot of stuff that includes female vocals, so it's no wonder I started to like Epica, too. Razz Unfortunately, I'm not quite sure which of their songs I've heard first. It may be "The Phantom Agony" ... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
HatredGrows
Quietus
Quietus

PostSubject: Re: First song, and how did you discover Epica?   First song, and how did you discover Epica? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 02, 2010 1:48 pm

I think it was in 2007 at New Year's Eve, when I first saw Epica, with The Phantom Agony. I remember thinking that the lyrics were so unusual, they were so different for me than other bands, so i really didn't think much of them at the time. After that, Epica just started to grow on me, and now it's all i can think about. It's crazy!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First song, and how did you discover Epica?   First song, and how did you discover Epica? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 1:31 pm

I discovered Epica about five months ago while browsing YouTube. The first song I heard was Cry for the Moon , and I was just completely blown away. How could I have missed this awesome band? Simone's beauty and voice was also something special.
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Favorite Epica song : Kingdom of Heaven
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

PostSubject: Re: First song, and how did you discover Epica?   First song, and how did you discover Epica? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 16, 2010 6:33 pm

^Welcome to the forum.Please introduce yourself on the introduction thread Wink
Back to top Go down
InSilentTears
Quietus
Quietus
InSilentTears

Female Cancer Pig
Favorite Epica song : Fools of Damnation
Unleashed
The Obsessive Devotion
Burn to a Cinder
The Last Crusade

PostSubject: Re: First song, and how did you discover Epica?   First song, and how did you discover Epica? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 2:08 am

Well I heard of Epica through the WT official forum and put them on my "to listen to" list.When I got bored of listening WT (this was during the beginnings of their hiatus) so I searched YT for Epica.I chose to watch and listen to 'Unleashed' I though to myself "Interesting." I wasn't so sure.I'm very picky when it comes to listening to a band Razz So when me and my mom went to the mall,I went to the music store and bought TDC (I also saw DYU in the front rack and had to decide.I chose TDC in the end).I listened to it and by the end of 'Indigo' I was like "Oh my god." I was in love by the end of TOD.I was really hooked in.
So I then downloaded TPA,CtO,and DYU and well here I am Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First song, and how did you discover Epica?   First song, and how did you discover Epica? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 2:37 am

For me it all started with Nightwish, really. I saw "Nemo" on MTV, and fell in love. I was a britney fan before that, so would never have noticed Epica. After that my dad saw Quietus on MTV *(lol) and he thought it was awesome, and bought Consign to oblivion. (This was in 2005 I believe) and he showed it to me (since he knew I loved Nightwish), the first song I heard was "Hunab K'u" actually! I loved it, thought it reminded me of movie music, lord of the rings or so, and then I heard Quietus as well, and it reminded me of Pirates of the Caribbean. Smile I can still recall dancing to it on the kitchen floor Smile I was ten back then, haha Smile And after this I was hooked...
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

PostSubject: Re: First song, and how did you discover Epica?   First song, and how did you discover Epica? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 3:07 am

^Nightwish and Epica on MTV?Wow,I never thought that channel played that kind of music Shocked
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: First song, and how did you discover Epica?   First song, and how did you discover Epica? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 3:08 am

Yeah, MTV used to play good music once... Long ago now then
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

PostSubject: Re: First song, and how did you discover Epica?   First song, and how did you discover Epica? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 3:11 am

Yeah,I never turn the TV on MTV because I know they only shoew crappy music nowadays.But sometimes I watch VH1 because they have shows when they show some great music from the '70s lie Pink Floys,Led Zeppelin and Queen,and I also saw WT's 'Utopia there Smile

Sorry,I've gone a bit offtopic First song, and how did you discover Epica? - Page 2 462614
Back to top Go down
TidesOfTime
Quietus
Quietus
TidesOfTime

Female Scorpio Pig
Favorite Epica song : Tides Of Time, Solitary Ground, Our Destiny, This Is The Time.

PostSubject: Re: First song, and how did you discover Epica?   First song, and how did you discover Epica? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 27, 2010 7:56 am

Mine started when I downloaded this compilation of 'gothic' music, because I was looking for stuff similar to Within Temptation. The songs I found were Feint and Facade of Reality. Upon putting these on my MP3 player, I didn't pay attention to them at all for like 3 months! I did, however, get into Nightwish with Sleeping Sun <3 I freaking love that song! Anyways... I was on Epic Rock Radio one day, just listening, and then Epica came on. Guess what song? Cry For The Moon! I thought the choir in the chorus was a bit odd, but it was almost haunting in a way. I decided to give Epica another shot, so I listened to Feint and Facade of Reality again...

And now I'm hooked Smile <3
Back to top Go down
aisza
Quietus
Quietus
aisza

Female Posts : 46

PostSubject: Re: First song, and how did you discover Epica?   First song, and how did you discover Epica? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 1:52 am

I discovered Epica thanks to my freind something about three years ago. The very first song I've ever heard of them was Cry for the Moon and It had been my favourite composition of them for a long time but I have been listenening to it so long and now I do it much more seldom.
Back to top Go down
Eline
Fool Of Damnation
Fool Of Damnation
Eline

Female Virgo Dog
Favorite Epica song : Consign to Oblivion

PostSubject: Re: First song, and how did you discover Epica?   First song, and how did you discover Epica? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 2:55 am

Back in 2004 I was really into Nightwish, and a friend of mine recommended Epica to me, since their singer was as good as Tarja, she said. So, I gave them a try, knowing that no singer could EVER replace my love for Tarja. The first song I heard was Cry for the Moon, during the 2 meter sessies performance. I liked it, though, I didn't really like the grunts, so I didn't get really much into Epica until early 2007. I prefered WT, since they weren't that 'metal' like Epica. I was planning to see them that year, but unfortunately I wasn't able to see them, since I had a serious ankle fracture. My parents didn't allow me to go to concerts at all in 2007, I only saw Within Temptation in Hellendoorn, which is two kilometres from my hometown. I found that very boring, since I was miles away from the stage 'cause I was sitting in that wheelchair. I didn't want to waste my money for that, so I decided not to go to gigs until I was fully recovered (I still hope that day is finally coming, though).
After months of trying to plan an Epica gig, I finally saw them live at Geuzenpop in Enschede, on August 29th of 2009. I got totally hooked after seeing them. From that day, I'm trying to attend most of the Dutch concerts, despite the fact that I don't have a car, enough money and the time, because of school. Epica is my life, and I will sacrifice a lot to see them.

Well, that was clear I guess, it's a lot more complicated that I thought it would be. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.Eline.t83.net
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

PostSubject: Re: First song, and how did you discover Epica?   First song, and how did you discover Epica? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 30, 2010 3:57 am

Oh Eline,I;m sorry that you fractured your leg Hug .But still that's such an awesome story.I wish I lived in Holland to see Epica live as many times as you Smile
Back to top Go down
sweet sorrow
Quietus
Quietus
sweet sorrow

Male Libra Horse
Favorite Epica song : Unleashed
Chasing The Dragon
Tides Of TIme

PostSubject: Re: First song, and how did you discover Epica?   First song, and how did you discover Epica? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 3:24 am

Kingdom Of Heaven - Gosia press-ganged me into listening Razz gotta say I thank her for it Smile
Back to top Go down
http://bounders.mmoguildsites.com/
vanessaweber
Quietus
Quietus
vanessaweber

Female Aries Pig
Favorite Epica song : Fools Of Damnation, Living A Lie, The Divine Conspiracy, Tides Of Time, Unleashed

PostSubject: Re: First song, and how did you discover Epica?   First song, and how did you discover Epica? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 8:39 am

when i was 13, i was starting to get into nightwish and within temptation and all that
i was on youtube and i saw a link to never enough and i checked it out.
i loved it. then i bought the divine conpiracy and i thought it took it all to a whole new level with the heaviness and the music.
Back to top Go down
may_apathy
Quietus
Quietus
may_apathy

Female Taurus Snake
Favorite Epica song : The Obsessive Devotion

PostSubject: Re: First song, and how did you discover Epica?   First song, and how did you discover Epica? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2011 5:59 am

I asked a friend of mine to recommend me some band to listen to and she told me about Epica. The first Epica song I heard was Cry For the Moon.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000200390912
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First song, and how did you discover Epica?   First song, and how did you discover Epica? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First song, and how did you discover Epica?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2