Martyrs of the Free Word
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are under construction, but you are free to join us on the wait for 2012, the year of Epica!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Phantom Agony - How do you rate it?

Go down 
+6
lilithday
magnoly
Ene
EpicaHolic
TheAsylum
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
10 posters

Rate The Phantom Agony
1/5
The Phantom Agony - How do you rate it? I_vote_lcap0%The Phantom Agony - How do you rate it? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
2/5
The Phantom Agony - How do you rate it? I_vote_lcap0%The Phantom Agony - How do you rate it? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
3/5
 0% [ 0 ]
4/5
The Phantom Agony - How do you rate it? I_vote_lcap25%The Phantom Agony - How do you rate it? I_vote_rcap
 25% [ 3 ]
5/5
The Phantom Agony - How do you rate it? I_vote_lcap75%The Phantom Agony - How do you rate it? I_vote_rcap
 75% [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 12

AuthorMessage
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Favorite Epica song : Kingdom of Heaven
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

The Phantom Agony - How do you rate it? Empty
PostSubject: The Phantom Agony - How do you rate it?   The Phantom Agony - How do you rate it? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 11:34 pm

How do you rate Epica's debut album? Smile
-------------------------------------------------------
I rated 5/5.This album is so EPIC,it has such a dramatic atmosphere,yet symphonic but also heavy.Most of the songs are about the danger of organised religion(The Emrace Thet Smothers series)and philopohical(Sensorium,Illusive Consensus,The Phantom Agony)and the loss of innocence(Feint).For me it's like the only album ever that hasn't got even a bad song.I listen to it almost everyday Rolling Eyes .My favorite songs are particulary Cry For The Moon,The Phantom Agony and Facade Of Reality,but the others are awesome aswell.Simone's vocals are really low,almost like a contralto.Mark's low grunts aren't his best but he rules on the growls Smile .

For me this is THE Epica album*hides from TDC epicans with knives*
Back to top Go down
TheAsylum
Blank Infinity
Blank Infinity
TheAsylum

Female Capricorn Pig
Favorite Epica song : Burn to a Cinder

PostSubject: Re: The Phantom Agony - How do you rate it?   The Phantom Agony - How do you rate it? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 11:35 pm

4/5 simone is so young there making her voice sound a bit more vulnerable but it rocks anyway
Back to top Go down
EpicaHolic
Quietus
Quietus
EpicaHolic

Female Libra Rooster

PostSubject: Re: The Phantom Agony - How do you rate it?   The Phantom Agony - How do you rate it? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 12:19 am

5/5, Simone's voice its not in her best but the songs are absolutly Epic... Façade of Reality, The Phantom Agony, Cry for the Moon, Seif Al Din,... The lyrics are absolutly awesome and the songs so powerfull...This makes me feel in love with that album
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

PostSubject: Re: The Phantom Agony - How do you rate it?   The Phantom Agony - How do you rate it? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 12:25 am

Welcome to the forum. Smile .Please go to introduce yourself on the Introduction and Other Personal Things topic Wink
Back to top Go down
Ene
Facade Of Reality
Facade Of Reality
Ene

Male Sagittarius Rooster
Favorite Epica song : All of them!

PostSubject: Re: The Phantom Agony - How do you rate it?   The Phantom Agony - How do you rate it? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 12:45 am

5/5
TPA was the first Epica album i heard completely, loved everysingle second of it!
It's one of the strongest debut album's i have ever heard.
Simone wasnt at her best back then (well she was 17/18), but she was already very promising.
It's classic album, worth to mention and worship
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/eneuniverse
magnoly
Replica
Replica
magnoly

Female Taurus Snake
Favorite Epica song :
Consign to Oblivion
Unleashed
The Obsessive Devotion

PostSubject: Re: The Phantom Agony - How do you rate it?   The Phantom Agony - How do you rate it? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 10:59 pm

Amazing album, with such an absorbing atmosphere. I love Simone's vocals here even though she still had a lot to learn at that time, she already was brilliant. As well as Mark with his grunts.
Not even the smallest weak point there is in TPA! 5/5
Back to top Go down
lilithday
Quietus
Quietus
lilithday

Female Leo Goat

PostSubject: Re: The Phantom Agony - How do you rate it?   The Phantom Agony - How do you rate it? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 11:10 am

Epic, classic - the first album I've heard without getting bored. I remember that my mother couldn't take me anymore listening to tPA all day long - hahahaha I give 5, cuz even for being their first album they did completly right. Heavy and epic,sounds beautiful and I never get bored of it \M/ I also like very much Simon vocals in TPA I love you
Back to top Go down
Amairwyn
Quietus
Quietus

PostSubject: Re: The Phantom Agony - How do you rate it?   The Phantom Agony - How do you rate it? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 1:06 am

5/5
I know they have probably grown more with the others, but TPA is still my favorite Epica album. Very Happy

Favorite songs are Cry for the Moon, The Phantom Agony, Sensorium, and Run for a Fall.
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

PostSubject: Re: The Phantom Agony - How do you rate it?   The Phantom Agony - How do you rate it? I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 1:07 am

Yay someone who agrees with me The Phantom Agony - How do you rate it? Icon_biggrin TPA is my fave too The Phantom Agony - How do you rate it? Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
Mad Maudlin
Quietus
Quietus
Mad Maudlin

Female Posts : 64

PostSubject: Re: The Phantom Agony - How do you rate it?   The Phantom Agony - How do you rate it? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 9:56 am

4/5 - It's a good album, but kind of a mixed bag - there are absolutely brilliant songs such as title track and Seif Al Din, whilst others like Illusive Consensus miss their mark. Simone's vocals aren't that strong, yet she still sounds great and contrasts with Mark's growling quite well. Also, this album has some of Epica's best lyrics.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~cosmicghost
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

PostSubject: Re: The Phantom Agony - How do you rate it?   The Phantom Agony - How do you rate it? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 3:33 pm

Quote :
whilst others like Illusive Consensus miss their Mark

Well yes Illusive Consensus doesn't have grunts and it's also written by Simone The Phantom Agony - How do you rate it? Icon_wink
Back to top Go down
Mad Maudlin
Quietus
Quietus
Mad Maudlin

Female Posts : 64

PostSubject: Re: The Phantom Agony - How do you rate it?   The Phantom Agony - How do you rate it? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 3:45 pm

XxfrozenbutterflyxX wrote:
Quote :
whilst others like Illusive Consensus miss their Mark

Well yes Illusive Consensus doesn't have grunts and it's also written by Simone The Phantom Agony - How do you rate it? Icon_wink

Really? That explains why I always considered the lyrics to be the best part of the song.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fanfiction.net/~cosmicghost
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

PostSubject: Re: The Phantom Agony - How do you rate it?   The Phantom Agony - How do you rate it? I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 4:57 pm

Yes,they are by Simone,and she has a diffrenet style from Mark's lyrics.
Back to top Go down
soyhann
Quietus
Quietus
soyhann

Male Virgo Horse

PostSubject: Re: The Phantom Agony - How do you rate it?   The Phantom Agony - How do you rate it? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 10, 2010 3:22 am

my favourite album of allll time.
also "the phantom agony" has been my nickname on msn for 5 years. i'm not going to change it ever Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Marit
Quietus
Quietus
Marit

Female Sagittarius Rooster

PostSubject: Re: The Phantom Agony - How do you rate it?   The Phantom Agony - How do you rate it? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 8:14 pm

5/5
I love it as I love all Epica's albums. It's such a dramatic album.
I like all the tracks, except Run For A Fall, but one bad song doesn't ruin the whole concept.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Phantom Agony - How do you rate it?   The Phantom Agony - How do you rate it? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Phantom Agony - How do you rate it?
Page 1 of 1