Martyrs of the Free Word
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are under construction, but you are free to join us on the wait for 2012, the year of Epica!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Score (An Epic Jouney) - How do you rate it?

Go down 
5 posters

Rate The Score
1/5
The Score (An Epic Jouney) - How do you rate it? I_vote_lcap0%The Score (An Epic Jouney) - How do you rate it? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
2/5
The Score (An Epic Jouney) - How do you rate it? I_vote_lcap13%The Score (An Epic Jouney) - How do you rate it? I_vote_rcap
 13% [ 1 ]
3/5
The Score (An Epic Jouney) - How do you rate it? I_vote_lcap38%The Score (An Epic Jouney) - How do you rate it? I_vote_rcap
 38% [ 3 ]
4/5
The Score (An Epic Jouney) - How do you rate it? I_vote_lcap49%The Score (An Epic Jouney) - How do you rate it? I_vote_rcap
 49% [ 4 ]
5/5
The Score (An Epic Jouney) - How do you rate it? I_vote_lcap0%The Score (An Epic Jouney) - How do you rate it? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 8

AuthorMessage
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Favorite Epica song : Kingdom of Heaven
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

The Score (An Epic Jouney) - How do you rate it? Empty
PostSubject: The Score (An Epic Jouney) - How do you rate it?   The Score (An Epic Jouney) - How do you rate it? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 6:44 pm

You know what to do Wink
-------------------------------
Well,The Score...I think I'm the only one who doesn't consider it an album at all,nope? Laughing.Anyway I voted 4/5.This album shows a totally different side of Mark,this time as a classical composer.The songs are really beautiful and orchestral complicated but there is a lack of something.....Yes I know!!!There are missing the vocals(they appear just in Trois Vierges-solo version,Solitary Ground single version,and Quietus score version)the bass,the guiatr and the drums.I mean of course it's sounds beautiful without them,but I don't consider it an "Epica" album at all.I hope you know what I mean.There's only Mark as the composer,the orchestra paying and Simone interpreting in a few songs...As for favorites it's really hard to say since I always have to look up for the title as the songs are somehow "glued" to each other.But I really love "Caught In A Web","Mystica" ."Valley Of Sins"and "Insomnia" the most!And the artwork cover is beautiful!But it's still the album that I listen less...
Back to top Go down
TheAsylum
Blank Infinity
Blank Infinity
TheAsylum

Female Capricorn Pig
Favorite Epica song : Burn to a Cinder

PostSubject: Re: The Score (An Epic Jouney) - How do you rate it?   The Score (An Epic Jouney) - How do you rate it? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 7:49 pm

4/5 its cool I agree that it does shows Marks other side its good but still not really an Epica album Epica is all about the metal and it doesn't really bring that out in a way but overall it is pretty good
Back to top Go down
magnoly
Replica
Replica
magnoly

Female Taurus Snake
Favorite Epica song :
Consign to Oblivion
Unleashed
The Obsessive Devotion

PostSubject: Re: The Score (An Epic Jouney) - How do you rate it?   The Score (An Epic Jouney) - How do you rate it? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 3:13 am

I really love it, and as you girls already said, I love this side of Mark's musicial talent that he showed on The Score. But I also don't consider it as an Epica album, and still need to discover something more in it anyway. So 4/5 from me as well.
Back to top Go down
Pale Secrecy
Quietus
Quietus
Pale Secrecy

Female Cancer Snake

PostSubject: Re: The Score (An Epic Jouney) - How do you rate it?   The Score (An Epic Jouney) - How do you rate it? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 2:40 am

As an album, it is very epic and majestic...yet I have a difficult time thinking of it as an Epica album. It lacks so many of the characteristics that I have come to associate with my favorite band. Of course, there is added depth and complexity at the same time. I still find it lovely. It is hard for me to find fault with it...though, as a vocalist, I prefer releases with more actual singing.

Jenna (Pale Secrecy)
Back to top Go down
Ene
Facade Of Reality
Facade Of Reality
Ene

Male Sagittarius Rooster
Favorite Epica song : All of them!

PostSubject: Re: The Score (An Epic Jouney) - How do you rate it?   The Score (An Epic Jouney) - How do you rate it? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2009 4:43 pm

3/5
I find it funny that it's talked as official studio release, i dont see it like that Smile.
It's wonderful cd anyway, but just not Epica, it is still majestic and beautiful.
Mark is the greatest composer ever, this is one of the proofs for that fact.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/eneuniverse
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Score (An Epic Jouney) - How do you rate it?   The Score (An Epic Jouney) - How do you rate it? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Score (An Epic Jouney) - How do you rate it?
Page 1 of 1