Martyrs of the Free Word
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are under construction, but you are free to join us on the wait for 2012, the year of Epica!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Consign To Oblivion - How do you rate it?

Go down 
+2
Ene
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
6 posters

How do you rate Consign To Oblivion?
1/5
Consign To Oblivion - How do you rate it? I_vote_lcap0%Consign To Oblivion - How do you rate it? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
2/5
Consign To Oblivion - How do you rate it? I_vote_lcap0%Consign To Oblivion - How do you rate it? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
3/5
 0% [ 0 ]
4/5
Consign To Oblivion - How do you rate it? I_vote_lcap55%Consign To Oblivion - How do you rate it? I_vote_rcap
 55% [ 6 ]
5/5
Consign To Oblivion - How do you rate it? I_vote_lcap45%Consign To Oblivion - How do you rate it? I_vote_rcap
 45% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 11

AuthorMessage
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Favorite Epica song : Kingdom of Heaven
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

Consign To Oblivion - How do you rate it? Empty
PostSubject: Consign To Oblivion - How do you rate it?   Consign To Oblivion - How do you rate it? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 10:17 pm

How do you rate Epica's 2nd full-length album?
----------------------------------------------------------------
I voted 4/5(more like 3.5/5 but...)I mean it's a great album,clearly Simone's vocals area lot better than on TPA,and this one seems even more symphonic.But this relase lacks something...I don't know...I found the guitar mixing kinda bad,you almost cannot hear the guitars,there are less grunts here(not that it matters a lot but I love the contrast between Mark and Simone's vocals) and the choir has taken the main vocals..But besides that I find it a great album,my favorite tracks being Mother Of Light(mainly for the chorus I love you ) Quietus(for the irish atmosphere) and of course Consign To Obliivion,the EPIC track,which in my opinion it's really different from the other songs from the album.As for lasts I'd say Another Me,Trois Vierges,and The Last Crusade...

But I still have to love it,It's EPICA afterall lol!
Back to top Go down
Ene
Facade Of Reality
Facade Of Reality
Ene

Male Sagittarius Rooster
Favorite Epica song : All of them!

PostSubject: Re: Consign To Oblivion - How do you rate it?   Consign To Oblivion - How do you rate it? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 10:35 pm

4/5
It's good album but Epica's worst for sure.
The guitars are so freaking low, i dont like them being almost impossible to hear.
The only song of these i really love are the title and Solitary, without forgetting my first Epica song Quietus Wink
I miss Mark's talent on this album too!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/eneuniverse
magnoly
Replica
Replica
magnoly

Female Taurus Snake
Favorite Epica song :
Consign to Oblivion
Unleashed
The Obsessive Devotion

PostSubject: Re: Consign To Oblivion - How do you rate it?   Consign To Oblivion - How do you rate it? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 11:08 pm

My least fav Epica album. Too little grunts, too silent guitars. But Simone sings great, and I actually like all the choir parts much. The strong point are aslo lyrics imo (as in every Epica song). And of course the song which stands out is Consign to Oblivion, my all time fav Epica song. Still I love this album, it's just different. My rate: 4/5
Back to top Go down
TheAsylum
Blank Infinity
Blank Infinity
TheAsylum

Female Capricorn Pig
Favorite Epica song : Burn to a Cinder

PostSubject: Re: Consign To Oblivion - How do you rate it?   Consign To Oblivion - How do you rate it? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 11:24 pm

4/5 aswell its certainly not their best but Its ok I suppose
Back to top Go down
amalia1985
Quietus
Quietus
amalia1985

Female Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Consign To Oblivion - How do you rate it?   Consign To Oblivion - How do you rate it? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 3:52 am

I love the end in this song, the way Simone and the choir sing brings me chills, especially the live version.
Back to top Go down
XxfrozenbutterflyxX
Epican
Epican
XxfrozenbutterflyxX

Female Aquarius Pig
Favorite Epica song : Kingdom of Heaven
Consign to Oblivion
Chasing the Dragon

PostSubject: Re: Consign To Oblivion - How do you rate it?   Consign To Oblivion - How do you rate it? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 1:26 pm

^ I meant the whole album not just the title song Wink
Back to top Go down
amalia1985
Quietus
Quietus
amalia1985

Female Cancer Buffalo

PostSubject: Re: Consign To Oblivion - How do you rate it?   Consign To Oblivion - How do you rate it? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 4:33 am

Oh, silly me... Embarassed Well, the answer is pretty much the same. I like it better than TPA to be honest. It contains some of my favourite Epica songs.
Back to top Go down
Marit
Quietus
Quietus
Marit

Female Sagittarius Rooster

PostSubject: Re: Consign To Oblivion - How do you rate it?   Consign To Oblivion - How do you rate it? I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 15, 2010 8:16 pm

5/5 Damn it's so good! It has some of their most epic tracks on, like The Last Crusade, Mother Of Light and Solitary Ground.
I hate Trois Vierges, but I know how to skip songs so this is really not a problem Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Consign To Oblivion - How do you rate it?   Consign To Oblivion - How do you rate it? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Consign To Oblivion - How do you rate it?
Page 1 of 1